• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sunglasses at Night: Albert Wesker vs. Blade

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Finally found ******* that align with 9-B+ Marvel

Albert Wesker vs. Blade

This is Post-Virus Wesker and Classic Blade. Completely in-character and speed equalized. Battle takes place in a 18th gothic manor at midnight.

Wesker upscales greatly from 3 kgs. of TNT while Blade downscales from 9 kgs. of TNT

This is actually a pretty interesting match-up, though I think I'll have to give it to Wesker. (Assuming this isn't necro'd, lol.) I'll go more in-depths.

AP/Dura - Not sure I have to explain much, but this category definitely goes to Wesker. (I'm actually not sure about his weapons, I couldn't find calcs justifying their AP, (nor calcs for Wesker's actually) When it comes to physicality, it's 9-B to 9-A, 8-C weapons are countered by 8-C Durability making this category actually pretty even. Though I give Wesker the edge because of his superior physical might.

Skill- Honestly this is one where I'm the most conflicted, while Blade has a lot more showings., Wesker's isn't lacking either. He was easily able to overpower Chris and Sheva at the same time, all without taking a hit in close-quarters. Jill and Chris also got bodied, with them only getting like -- a knife off, at best. I'll probably just give Blade the edge though.

Abilities- They pretty much go blow-for-blow here, weapon mastery, social influencing, enhanced senses, etc. Wesker's biggest edge though has to be his regeneration, it's far better than Blade's whose is only mentioned and he abuses it pretty often. He's not afraid to take hits, though tries to avoid them most of the time (if not just to show-off).

Verdict- Wesker seems to edge out here, Blade maybe has superior skill, and his weapons certainly aren't anything to scoff at, but I just feel Wesker has better options. His regen is going to repair practically any wound he inflicts, not to mention he might not even get the chance to land another blow with his blades after Wesker figures out they can actually damage him. His regen and his physical strength are the strongest here, he can easily out-wrestle Blade with AP and from there it's not in Blade's favor.

AP/Dura - Not sure I have to explain much, but this category definitely goes to Wesker. (I'm actually not sure about his weapons, I couldn't find calcs justifying their AP, (nor calcs for Wesker's actually) When it comes to physicality, it's 9-B to 9-A, 8-C weapons are countered by 8-C Durability making this category actually pretty even. Though I give Wesker the edge because of his superior physical might.
I think this key's High 8-C durability is baseline (and possibly wrong) while the folks Blade hurts have a calc, so he'd be able to harm him with pretty good ease.
Abilities- They pretty much go blow-for-blow here, weapon mastery, social influencing, enhanced senses, etc. Wesker's biggest edge though has to be his regeneration, it's far better than Blade's whose is only mentioned and he abuses it pretty often. He's not afraid to take hits, though tries to avoid them most of the time (if not just to show-off).
Yeah, Blade's just a human in combat but he does fight people with regeneration very often. Now usually he carries weapons with means of avoiding it but it's still nothing new to him and he might try going for the head sooner than most given it's a relatively common weakness in his verse, furthermore by the end of the Classic key Blade's evolved from a vampire hunter to a hunter of various supernatural creatures and has fought Morbius who is effectively a vampire without vampire weaknesses so he'd know not to focus only on anti-vampire strats.

At the same time, Blade isn't any more bulletproof than Wesker and is ultimately much worse at survival, and I'd struggle to say he holds any real edge in this fight except for being probably better in combat and I'd say almost surely a better marskman, but it's not like Wesker isn't good enough at that himself.

What would Wesker's starting moments be like in this fight? Before Blade realizes he's inhuman he'll probably avoid killing him, though Wesker's own usage of lethal force would probably get him to push that aside.

I think this key's High 8-C durability is baseline (and possibly wrong) while the folks Blade hurts have a calc, so he'd be able to harm him with pretty good ease.

What would Wesker's starting moments be like in this fight? Before Blade realizes he's inhuman he'll probably avoid killing him, though Wesker's own usage of lethal force would probably get him to push that aside.
Albert Wesker's High 8-C Durability scales way above 2-4 Tons. He's far more durable than El Gigante, and he can shrug off rocket launchers.

Wesker starts off with hand-to-hand, in almost all of his fights he blitzes over to his opponent and tries to manhandle them in seconds. Either by shoving his arm through his opponent's chest or just beating them down. He may be arrogant, but he's not exactly an idiot. He'd dodge around Blade's sword because he's not exactly resistant to bladed weapons; like Wonder Woman for example.
Once Wesker gets his hands on Blade, he's likely not getting him off. Wrestling his weapons away and just putting this on a physical playing field, one that Blade is surely going to lose.

Albert Wesker's High 8-C Durability scales way above 2-4 Tons. He's far more durable than El Gigante, and he can shrug off rocket launchers.
I think that's the third key tho, not the second.
Wesker starts off with hand-to-hand, in almost all of his fights he blitzes over to his opponent and tries to manhandle them in seconds. Either by shoving his arm through his opponent's chest or just beating them down. He may be arrogant, but he's not exactly an idiot. He'd dodge around Blade's sword because he's not exactly resistant to bladed weapons; like Wonder Woman for example.
Blade I think prefers ranged combat when possible, between acrobatics and the location of the fight I think he'd be capable of keeping his distance for a while. In fact given the setting he may attempt stealth.
Once Wesker gets his hands on Blade, he's likely not getting him off. Wrestling his weapons away and just putting this on a physical playing field, one that Blade is surely going to lose.
I mean Blade's quite literally full of knives, he may not be able to grapple Wesker but at the same time grabbing him isn't safe when he's gonna be able to pull out some knife and stab you with it no matter your position.

I mean Blade's quite literally full of knives, he may not be able to grapple Wesker but at the same time grabbing him isn't safe when he's gonna be able to pull out some knife and stab you with it no matter your position.
Well that's a viable option until Wesker gets hold of his wrists, not to mention knives would just be delaying the inevitable. They aren't exactly a win-con yk? I will admit though Blade would be tiring for Albert to put down, but I see him winning most of the time.

Well that's a viable option until Wesker gets hold of his wrists, not to mention knives would just be delaying the inevitable.
I mean it doesn't have to work indefinitely, it just has to work long enough for Blade to get his distances and get back into longer range knife-throwing/gunslinging/stealth, he just needs one good hit to the head right?

I mean it doesn't have to work indefinitely, it just has to work long enough for Blade to get his distances and get back into longer range knife-throwing/gunslinging/stealth, he just needs one good hit to the head right?
I wouldn't think so, Wesker has withstood explosions to the face before and we've never seen any limits to his regeneration. I could probably find something of Wesker taking a hit to the brain; the Virus just seems to repair all forms of damage that isn't too severe (such as bisection or limb removal) lesser Gonado's and Zombies can shrug off head-shots just fine, so why wouldn't Wesker be on that level?

lesser Gonado's and Zombies can shrug off head-shots just fine, so why wouldn't Wesker be on that level?
Because those are vastly different instances, the head on the Ganado is effectively vestigal and Zombies are dead.

Because those are vastly different instances, the head on the Ganado is effectively vestigal and Zombies are dead.
Point is, the Prototype Virus is a unique strain of the T-Virus; which caused the aforementioned zombies along with these other monstrosities. It's a superior strain by what has been shown

He has only Low-Mid on the profile, though.

Also, Ganados aren't a virus, or effectively alive at all, they're just meat puppets.

My bad, you can excuse my example of Ganados then.

To be fair, Wesker's profile is widely unfinished, as is the Resident Evil profiles as a whole; Wesker should scale to his durability via his fight with Alexia Ashford, a physically superior opponent whom he could harm iirc.

Point is, the Prototype Virus is a unique strain of the T-Virus; which caused the aforementioned zombies along with these other monstrosities. It's a superior strain by what has been shown
Not every T-Virus strain functions the exact same, Epsilon resulted in Crimson Heads but t-Birkin couldn't, t-Veronica was also a superior strain as it did not deteriorate mental faculties, it was important so much so that a variant of itself was implemented into the creation of Chrysalid.

The Prototype Virus also has a chance to not grant superhuman powers at all, as this occurred with Alex Wesker.

Not every T-Virus strain functions the exact same, Epsilon resulted in Crimson Heads but t-Birkin couldn't, t-Veronica was also a superior strain as it did not deteriorate mental faculties, it was important so much so that a variant of itself was implemented into the creation of Chrysalid.

The Prototype Virus also has a chance to not grant superhuman powers at all, as this occurred with Alex Wesker.
True, true. But it is all about those superior genes, which Albert Wesker does have, and -- chalk it up to game mechanics if you want -- Wesker has shrugged off headshots during his boss-fights. If all you had to do was just shoot him in the head Chris, Sheva, or Jill would have probably had an easier time dealing with him.

Back