• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

What? Imgur links were not a problem as far as I know. I will ask about this.

Well, I have already contacted NoGround and a SOAP member. If that does not work, I will have to talk with higher Fandom staff members directly, as it would be an absolute disaster for our wiki to not be able to use any links to neutral image hosting sites whatsoever.

The SOAP member TokihikoH11 told me that Imgur is not a globally blocked site. Perhaps a link accidentally contained a slur word?

Try copying the Spiderman AP section into a blog post. It's not transferring over the external links on my end.

I do not write blog posts, except in emergencies, but I will ask the SOAP member again.

@Firestorm808

The SOAP member needs you to specify the page and information that you have a problem with.

The SOAP member wonders if you can link to a screenshot of the error message.

It's not an error message.

For Example:

Copying this:

Large Building level (Destroyed two tanks. Can trade blows with the likes of Venom and Carnage), higher with equipment (Has created various suits and weapons that upscale from his normal level of strength) | At least Large Building level (Stated himself to grow faster and stronger, though to what degree is unknown), higher with equipment | At least Large Building level+ (Can easily stop Rhino when he's charging. Capable of easily overpowering Doc Ock's tentacles. Should be superior to his Mark III armor, which broke through an upgraded version of Doc Ock's tentacle arms made from Carbonadium that were a foot thick with no leverage), at most City Block level (Scales to the Collective Man), higher with equipment | Solar System level (Held his own against Terminus, and broke out of Quasar's energy constructs)

Building level physically (Comparable to Captain America. Easily recovered from a Daredevil sneak-attack and put him in a hold. Casually disarmed and defeated the Winter Soldier). Solar System level with Adamantium claws (He has successfully stabbed the Hulk, Thor, and Thanos). He can negate regeneration with the Muramasa Blade

Only Pastes This:

Large Building level (Destroyed two tanks. Can trade blows with the likes of Venom and Carnage), higher with equipment (Has created various suits and weapons that upscale from his normal level of strength) | At least Large Building level (Stated himself to grow faster and stronger, though to what degree is unknown), higher with equipment | At least Large Building level+ (Can easily stop Rhino when he's charging. Capable of easily overpowering Doc Ock's tentacles. Should be superior to his Mark III armor, which broke through an upgraded version of Doc Ock's tentacle arms made from Carbonadium that were a foot thick with no leverage), at most City Block level (Scales to the Collective Man), higher with equipment | Solar System level (Held his own against Terminus, and broke out of Quasar's energy constructs)

Building level physically (Comparable to Captain America. Easily recovered from a Daredevil sneak-attack and put him in a hold. Casually disarmed and defeated the Winter Soldier). Solar System level with Adamantium claws (He has successfully stabbed the Hulk, Thor, and Thanos). He can negate regeneration with the Muramasa Blade

Last edited:
The SOAP member does not know the reason for this and thinks that it may be a Fandom bug.

I have asked NoGround about it as well, and will inform a higher Fandom staff member if necessary.

I noticed that when copy and pasting in blogs on the wiki, external hyperlinks like imgur are removed. Why is that?
How where you posting the links? In Source Editor, external links are [LINK hyperlink_text]. Using ctrl+K when highlighting the appropriate text and then pasting in the link also works (it will automatically switch to External Link); I just tested and imgur.com is not blocked. I also looked in WikiConfig and could not find any restrictions placed on use for imgur. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:NoGround/Imgur_Linking_Post

If you are copy/pasting into a blog post, I recommend using Source Editor, as Visual Editor may have trouble converting multiple links to the correct format when copy/pasting.

Basically, when copy/pasting you need to use the Wikitext version. The linking system between the forum and other text editors will be different depending on the platform, but Wikitext has not changed its external linking format between the legacy and UCP. There is no guarantee that links made in in the Forum's format will be carried over when making a blog post, since blogs are using Wikitext like a regular page on a wiki.

Last edited:
Thank you. I will inform NoGround and the SOAP member.

TokihikoH11 says that you should try to switch from the visual editor to the source editor:

Screenshot_20201127-202742_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, so we can only copy from wiki pages using the source editor.

But what if I'm trying to copy from a third party site like a reddit respect thread?

Last edited:
On another note, the wiki editor doesn't highlight/tell you what "slur" was left in when trying to save.

I had this problem when I brought up the slurs in links problem earlier in this thread, It took a while for me to even realise what had been recognised.

Yes, but I am not sure if anything can be done about it. You can file a formal complaint to Fandom though.

Well, I can mention the issue to NoGround and the SOAP member that I regularly talk with, and if they think that it is appropriate, I can then ask the higher Fandom staff about it via a formal request email.

Probably the slur warning thing. I don't think copying ever works like that and don't think there's much that anyone can do about it.

I mentioned to them that we need more specific slur warnings, yes.

Okay, so we can only copy from wiki pages using the source editor.

But what if I'm trying to copy from a third party site like a reddit respect thread?
You need to convert to WikiText, so if you're copying, you'll have to link each thing specifically. It's a pain, but this is how wikis work. You can highlight in visual editor and then provide the link or use the formatting I gave you earlier in Source editor.

NoGround has asked Fandom to fix the slur filter so it gives more specific instructions regarding which word or link that needs to be removed, but we have no guarantees that something will happen.

This post is about how we treat the SCP Foundation. You see it is the representation of internet media on the main page and is a featured page. This probably wasn't the best plan you see the verse consists of two free writing sites this means it is in constant state of evolution not just new ideas but old ones we have on our site we can't keep up in fact we don't really try too but we need to this is an indexing site and our reliable depends on us doing so correctly and if we are going to have the SCP Foundation represent our work then we have a lot of work that we need to do. So we can at least try to organize unfortunately several of my efforts to help do it are glanced over maybe one person it might be a lack of effort but I am trying we don't even follow our own rules which require us to accept joke scps as scps the extended canon Foundation can use as that is how it works entire canons are skimmed over even authors. This needs to be fixed here are some options.

We swap the scp Foundation logo with something we indexed better as the representative of internet media.

We do make a thread for listing possibly important articles have some people look them over decide what we use and make a CRT every month or so with all information found and their source.

We continue doing this and hope it works out.

Also can someone call some SCP Foundation supporters to this thread to this CRT please.

I do not mind if one of our image helpers designs a different image than SCP to represent our Internet verses for our wiki's front page, but the rest of your concerns seem better to handle via a content revision thread.

I will check through the one that you linked to and call supporters to participate in it if necessary.

Would it be possible to allow thread creators to replace thread polls with new ones?
It was previously mentioned that polls are not useful in serious discussions or vs matches, since votes can be cast without justification. But temporary polls can useful in General Discussion threads (ex. a "how do you rate the newest episode" poll).

Back