• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

SamanPatou:

Maybe later. We are too busy right now.

Nehz:

No problem.

On the wiki we have a section at the lower end of the pages where we can see discussions from the wiki's forum relating to the page's topic. Would it be possible to set up something similar with the new forum?

That was suggested earlier. It would require a CRT to the standard layout for profiles and pages guidelines, but there are more important stuff that need to be handled before we can get to that.

It is an excellent suggestion though, but it would require a massive wiki revision project, so we are waiting with it until later.

In the reactions page, more values should be given to the timeframes. As currently, the abundance of zeros is difficult to work with. I believe we should have some standard form and scientific notation values on the page.

In the reactions page, more values should be given to the timeframes. As currently, the abundance of zeros is difficult to work with. I believe we should have some standard form and scientific notation values on the page.
I think it would be enough to make it similar to the Speed page with the notation that is used for the higher Speed levels.

Normal Human perception: 0.2 - 0.129 seconds

Athletic Human perception: 0.129 - 0.102 seconds

Peak Human perception: 0.102 - 8e-2 seconds

Superhuman perception: 8e-2 - 2.91e-2 seconds

Subsonic perception: 2.91e-2 - 5.83e-3 seconds

Subsonic+ perception: 5.83e-3 - 3.2e-3 seconds

Transonic perception: 3.2e-3 - 2.65e-3 seconds

Supersonic perception: 2.65e-3 - 1.17e-3 seconds

Supersonic+ perception: 1.17e-3 - 5.8e-4 seconds

Hypersonic perception: 5.8e-4- 2.94e-4 seconds

Hypersonic+ perception: 2.94e-4 - 1.17e-4 seconds

High Hypersonic perception: 1.17e-4 - 5.88e-5 seconds

High Hypersonic+ perception: 5.88e-5 - 2.94e-5 seconds

Massively Hypersonic perception: 2.94e-5 - 2.94e-6 seconds

Massively Hypersonic+ perception: 2.94e-6 - 3.336e-7 seconds

Sub-Relativistic perception: 3.336e-7 - 6.67e-8 seconds

Sub-Relativistic+ perception: 6.67e-8 - 3.336e-8 seconds

Relativistic perception: 3.336e-8 - 6.67e-9 seconds

Relativistic+ perception: 6.67e-9 - 3.336e-9 seconds

Speed of Light perception: 3.336e-9 seconds

FTL perception: 3.336e-9 - 3.336e-10 seconds

FTL+ perception: 3.336e-10 - 3.336e-11 seconds

Massively FTL perception: 3.336e-11 - 3.336e-12 seconds

Massively FTL+ perception: Anything less than 3.336e-12 seconds

Can we make the OP post visible on any page for long thread? Kind of tedious having to go back and forth to see the OP.

I do not think that is possible. Sorry.

I agree scientific notation on the reaction speed page might be easier to understand.

Maybe make the same for Stamina page finally? There is no way to gauge it, but the page should at least provide keys and at least some guidelines. (Stamina is all over the place, honestly).

Here is my old Stamina levels draft, but it was outvoted, as stamina means several different things, and we definitely do not have the time to apply such a massive revision right now anyway.

"Below Average - Characters equivalent to real world out of shape or feeble humans, who will tire even after simple exertion.

Average - Characters with stamina comparable to regular real world humans, such as unathletic inviduals who will tire after brief periods of exertion.

Above Average - Characters that are capable of intense exertion for prolonged periods of time, such as athletic, highly trained, or generally physically very fit individuals.

Peak Human - Characters whose stamina have reached the upper limits of human capabilities, such as Olympic level athletes.

Superhuman - Characters whose stamina have reached beyond the maximum real world human level.

High Superhuman - Characters who can exert themselves continuously to extreme degrees for more than a day.

Metahuman - Characters who can exert themselves continuously to extreme degrees for more than a month.

High Metahuman - Characters who can exert themselves continuously to extreme degrees for more than a year.

Godlike - Characters who can exert themselves continuously to extreme degrees for more than a century.

Infinite - Characters who can exert themselves continuously at peak performance for infinite periods of time.

Take note that different types of stamina should preferably be listed and explained."

Stamina is too complicated to have that many keys, and for the most part it's based more on intensity rather than timeframes. And some game boss characters have "Massive pools of HP" being their only notable stamina feat. So we basically just say add descriptions. Though Limitless stamina is the only category that does have a very specific case.

Well, it would be good if we worked out some set standards for stamina, similarly to Intelligence, but we definitely do not have the time to apply such a massive revision at this point, and other, more important, wiki revisions are greatly prioritised.

I would like to get system notifications on my phone if i get a reaction on my threads or someone posted something on my wall. Is a notificationsystem that sends you a notification on your phone possible....

You can change your personal system settings to allow emails to be sent to your account, which can work for popup notifications on a gmail app for your phone, for example, but it turns very distracting when you follow lots of threads and/or get many wall messages.

Here is the page that outlines the settings that I use and recommend myself to avoid email notifications, but you can modify them slightly to select certain email notifications if you wish:

Ummm this is kinda weird. I was making a calc and attempted to link the Youtube video for some evidence for the whole thing. But the randomly generated Youtube url had a slur word in it so I was completely stopped from making the blog until I removed the link from it. It's in the comments now...

But the new system picks up on slur words inside links that cant be changed, and as a result will not let you use said links in blog posts, and the link wasn't even shown in the blog since it was clipped onto some text.

Perhaps you can try to use the Youtube short link instead, or upload the video to Dailymotion instead?

It allows me to link the video in the comments of the blog, I have simply changed the text in the blog to tell readers where it is. Just thought i'd mention the problem here.

Okay. We cannot remove our slur filter settings though. It could create problems with Fandom banning people.

It seems like the new internal wiki Discussions forum, and the blogs and message walls that are part of the same system, may not have a slur filter yet though, so be extremely careful in order to not get banned by Fandom.

Can you remove or recode an emoji feature? Specifically :p. Every time I tried to post a calc blog URL in it, that part kept turning into that, which gets really annoying, especially since there is a bug on my end where every time I try to do advanced hyperlinkIng, it just eats my link. Heres an example:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:psychomaster35/Porkchop_‘n_Flatscreen:_Kiss_My_Compilation

Last edited by a moderator:
I will ask our system administrator to handle it.

Ah yes, I noticed that issue earlier back when we were removing illegal links from pages and blog posts. I just got too distracted to bring attention to this issue later. I hope this can be handled.

I received a reply:

"Regarding the emoji inside the link, this is something default from XF. The link should still work as expected."

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:psychomaster35/Porkchop_‘n_Flatscreen:_Kiss_My_Compilation
As you can see here, it doesn't work.
: P is automatically converted to :p
: D is automatically converted to :D

Back