• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggested Wiki Policy - CRT Scans Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
The request is pretty straightforward - add a rule to the Discussion Rules under the General Rules section that requires CRTs to include scans/quotes, enforced by Discussion Moderators and Administrators locking the thread, no questions asked, with a reference to the rule.

The rule could be phrased as so:

Content Revision Threads need to be supported by scans, quotes, video clips, accepted calcs, or any other direct proof that claimed events actually happened in the source material. In the absence of this evidence, CRTs may be closed without notice.

I agree with this (having originally suggested it after all).

I don't see how this is even necessary, when has a CRT without evidence (even flawed, misinterpretated one) been used?

Ionliosite said:
I don't see how this is even necessary, when has a CRT without evidence (even flawed, misinterpretated one) been used?
I'm not sure how many have been used, but many have had long drawn out discussions without scans backing up the OP's claims. This rule intends to cut down on that waste of time, and force the creator of a CRT to put in the work beforehand.

I can agree to this. For some it could be a tad or so strict, but I have seen a couple CRT's in the past where half of the OP didn't even bother to put scans in before posting (or didn't do it cuz they were lazy, who knows) to backup what they're trying to propose on. Just only text to put what they want to have done for anything which makes it hard to really, and this might not be the best word to use here, trust what they're saying.

The fact that this hasnt been a requirement until right now is kinda concerning but yeah i agree 100%

Agnaa said:
but many have had long drawn out discussions without scans backing up the OP's claims.
I haven't seen something like that ever happened. Is there any example of this? Because it sounds pretty ridiculous to have long CRTs if there's no evidence (even if wrong one) used.

I'd just like to remind everybody that this is in the Staff Discussion board. I got approval from administrators to post here, but other non-staff should leave any notable comments/criticisms they have on the message wall of someone involved, who themselves can choose to post it if they deem it relevant.

@Ionliosite I don't participate in many CRTs outside of my verses (where I'm usually the one making them), but I've heard that it's recently happened in some Kingdom Hearts CRTs. (EDIT: And when checking, it looks like that has indeed happened recently)

I'd also recommend adding calcs to the list of things there. I've had a few threads where it's just "upgrade because I did some math".

@Wokistan I added "accepted calcs" to the list of things.

I did say calc originally, lol. Yes calcs, they should also be linked to the dang profiles that scale to them. We do a good job with this but a good deal of files don't have the calcs linked in files, but in the CRTs.

This rule seems fine so I agree; I follow this process anyway when I make CRT so I think it is easy to implement.

Bump.

I suppose that this seems like a good idea.

Is this level of acceptance enough for it to be added, or should we wait for more input?

It wouldn't hurt to get more input from more bureaucrats and administrators.

@Ant I've asked Ryuk and Prome for comment.

@Everyone else I'd like to remind everyone of this again:

Agnaa said:
I'd just like to remind everybody that this is in the Staff Discussion board. I got approval from administrators to post here, but other non-staff should leave any notable comments/criticisms they have on the message wall of someone involved, who themselves can choose to post it if they deem it relevant.

Sounds like a fairly basic principle which was never formally implemented, for some reason. I obviously agree as well.

Ryukama said:
I'm sorry but I have so much going on right now that this site's threads are the least of my concerns honestly. Ask someone else.
With this that's the input of all bureaucrats, to a certain extent.

I doubt we need much more input for somethig that for all intents and purposes should have been a standard from the get go

I agree as well.

Not aiming to derail but we should also add as a rule to always link the CRT in the summary of a profile when the edits are being done.

Almost perfect, but it looks like you accidentally added one of the Editing Rules to the Discussion Rules page. You added the following:

Inserting unmotivated ratings into profiles on the basis of personal bias will likely result in a block.
Right after the rule this thread suggested.

Looks good, thanks for this help. This thread can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back