• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stupidest things you used to believe as a kid

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
So I was thinking about how much of an idiot I was as a kid, then wondered if the people around here were as well.

So, if you are interested just leave a reply sharing the stupidest beliefs you had as a kid. Might be a fun little thing to do.

Probably quite a few things, but most of it seems really inappropriate to say out loud. Though a few that aren't quite as stupid, but at least are appropriate. I used to believe trees were alive. I also used to believe all dogs were male; reason being that dog barks sound closer to an adult male voice than a female voice regardless of gender. And that was true for big dogs at least; never saw the tiny ones with squeaky bark sounds during the period I had that belief.

So far, it looks like people really weren't as stupid as me as kids.

My trees were alive, I meant I used to think trees were legit giant people. And for one I didn't feel like sharing publicly; this might sound rather racist, but heard I used to refer to African Americans as "Chocolate People." Really glad I don't remember saying that.

I used to think Superman Prime One Million was omnipotent, not because I read the comic and thought that but Screwattack's Goku v Superman made think that due to how they presented it. I later found out how wrong it was.

I started Pokémon with Hoenn (which is still the best generation ever) when I was 8, so I used to believe the "Mewtwo" I heard a lot about was some sort of toy or shiny Rayquaza they used to sell the game.

I used to believe that Manga was not an medium of entertainment, but the name of a author.

And that he created Dragon Ball, Pokemon, Digimon and Naruto.

Man, I wish I could remember the first ten years of my life.

Reflecting on all the stupid shit I believed in as a kid sounds like a good time.

I also through that, goods, cute, white blonde kids always came from the ******, while bad, awful, black bald kids came from the.... Other side.

I used to think that Escalators were gateways to hell. Not to get too religious here either but I also thought I was always in danger of being kidnapped by Lucifer at night to suffer all eternity in hell. Also that my Teddy Bear was an intergalactic hero who protected earth from an alien invasion aaaaand that I was being watched by Grays everytime I went to sleep.

Darkanine said:
I used to think that Escalators were gateways to hell. Not to get too religious here either but I also thought I was always in danger of being kidnapped by Lucifer at night to suffer all eternity in hell. Also that my Teddy Bear was an intergalactic hero who protected earth from an alien invasion aaaaand that I was being watched by Grays everytime I went to sleep.
INB4 someone takes this as a base for some plot.

Blahblah9755 said:
I thought that the sole purpose of WiFi routers was for event Pokémon.
To add to this, I thought that WiFi routers were some special thing the Pokémon company gave out to lucky people so they could get event Pokémon.

Back