• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest Events/Things In The Universe? (Real Life)

Was wondering if this should go under Questions & Answers or Fun & Games though I just went for the former. Using joules to justify them should be fine. I think a variety would be fine since it wouldn't be interesting say to have multiple Gamma-Ray bursts take up the entire list. So I think it'd be interesting to have the most powerful for even type of event/thing in the universe for each number. The amount of joules something can produce can count as well.

What I'm guessing so far.

0. Dad's Sneeze.
1. The Big Bang/Big Crunch (Inconsistent from the sources I've looked from)
2. Black Hole Collision Events (3.6e+48 Joules)
3. Hypernovas (1e+46 Joules)

Last edited:
What I'm guessing so far.

0. Dad's Sneeze.
1. The Big Bang/Big Crunch (Inconsistent from the sources I've looked from)
2. Hypernovas (1e+46 Joules)
3. Black Hole Collision Events (3.6e+48 Joules)
number 3 is higher than 2

1: Vacuum Decay/Quantum Collapse (Basically Low 2-C Void Manipulation and Physics/Law Manipulation)
2: The Big Bang
3: Supercluster Eruption
4: Hypernovae (Supernovae, but on crack. Also yes, the plural form is "-ae".)
5: Gamma Ray Burst (Which can come from hypernovae)

Last edited:
So are a lot of things.
Even the Big Bang isn't exactly confirmed, just likely. Since the Big Bang is still a theory.

So the Big Bang shouldn't be getting a pass if you are saying hypothetical things cannot be listed, as it is still a hypothetical theory.

Last edited:
Dunno if quantum fluctuations would count, as science says that there is a VERY small chance than entire galaxies can either pop into or out of existence. And in an even more extreme case, make the universe just...pop out of existence.

Quantum mechanics is weird.
While the Big Bang and Vacuum decay takes time, this would be completely instant.

1.Big Bang/Big Crunch (Created all the energy in the universe)
2. Vacuum Decay (reduces the energy level of large sections of the universe, resulting in the release of massive amounts of energy)
3. Supermassive Black Hole Mergers
4. Quasar Tsunamis
5. Black Hole Mergers
6. Hypernovas
7. Supernovas (GRBs are actually less energetic then supernovas, they are just concentrating energy in a smaller area)
8. Gamma Ray Bursts
9. Kilonova (or Neutron Star Mergers)

Dunno if quantum fluctuations would count, as science says that there is a VERY small chance than entire galaxies can either pop into or out of existence. And in an even more extreme case, make the universe just...pop out of existence.

Quantum mechanics is weird.
While the Big Bang and Vacuum decay takes time, this would be completely instant.
Now I forget the exact probability, but it is very, very low. Almost 0%, but not.

Back