• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizer04

He/Him
The purpose of this thread is to discuss about the Diamond Blast's calculation. There was another thread intended for this but it got very derailed towards the end so i decided to make a new one.

This is the first calculation found on Discord thanks to @CinnabarManx421

latest
latest

This is the second calculation found thanks to @Dalesean027

image0.png

This is the third calculation, also found thanks to @Dalesean027 :3

Last edited:
I don't have the desire nor the time to create walls of texts to contest this feat. So I'll just go straight to the point....

You are free to read my long arguments here in the previous thread.

Anyways, this is pretty much all you need to know why this feat should not be taken into consideration for anything. Maybe for range. That's it.

1. The person who made this calc has admitted it was wrong. If you weren't aware, this feat was featured in Death Battle for Steven Universe vs Star Butterfly

2. The Diamonds clearly didn't attack from Homeworld. As you can see, they clearly attacked from somewhere between the moon and the Earth. An in-direct statement saying that one of the participants in the attack hasn't left Homeworld in "eons" should not be enough to justify said attack came from millions of light years away.
Video of the clip is here

3. One of the witnesses of the attacks recalls hearing a sound from the sky prior to the light corrupting the gems. Unless sound travels faster than light in this verse, this should prove the attack wasn't even FTL, let along MFTL

4. This attack only ended up corrupting gems on Earth. It did not effect any organic being such as humans or animals. A "Solar System" level attack didn't even scratch the Earth itself.

This should be enough to put this feat in serious doubt and require extra scrutiny. I'm sure supporters of this feat/calc would come up with questionable reasoning to justify such a highball tier and they are free to do so, but everything above is fact.

No matter what you believe, at the end of the day, not even the lenient web show Death Battle thinks this feat is any higher than country level. To justify a higher tier would require a high degree of leniency that I'm sure a lot of other verses would be glad to join the party.

Planet level Hiei anyone?

I don't have the desire nor the time to create walls of texts to contest this feat. So I'll just go straight to the point....

You are free to read my long arguments here in the previous thread.

Anyways, this is pretty much all you need to know why this feat should not be taken into consideration for anything. Maybe for range. That's it.

1. The person who made this calc has admitted it was wrong. If you weren't aware, this feat was featured in Death Battle for Steven Universe vs Star Butterfly

2. The Diamonds clearly didn't attack from Homeworld. As you can see, they clearly attacked from somewhere between the moon and the Earth. An in-direct statement saying that one of the participants in the attack hasn't left Homeworld in "eons" should not be enough to justify said attack came from millions of light years away.

3. One of the witnesses of the attacks recalls hearing a sound from the sky prior to the light corrupting the gems. Unless sound travels faster than light in this verse, this should prove the attack wasn't even FTL, let along MFTL

4. This attack only ended up corrupting gems on Earth. It did not effect any organic being such as humans or animals. A "Solar System" level attack didn't even scratch the Earth itself.

This should be enough to put this feat in serious doubt and require extra scrutiny. I'm sure supporters of this feat/calc would come up with questionable reasoning to justify such a highball tier and they are free to do so, but everything above is fact.

No matter what you believe, at the end of the day, not even the lenient web show Death Battle thinks this feat is any higher than country level. To justify a higher tier would require a high degree of leniency that I'm sure a lot of other verses would be glad to join the party.

Planet level Hiei anyone?

Everything you just said there was debunked by me in the previous thread you just linked so please don't use that because i don't feel like arguing this as well

The Diamonds clearly didn't attack from Homeworld. As you can see, they clearly attacked from somewhere between the moon and the Earth. An in-direct statement saying that one of the participants in the attack hasn't left Homeworld in "eons" should not be enough to justify said attack came from millions of light years away.
The argument that exists for the Blast coming from Homeworld, thus making the amount of power needed larger, is Blue Diamond’s claim that White Diamond hadn’t left Homeworld in “Eons”. While Eons is not a very specific amount of time it usually means a really, really long time. This would imply that the Diamond Blast would’ve had to have come from Homeworld if White never leaves the place, since all 3 Diamonds were together to do it.

The counter argument that exists to this is that in the show, we get a few different angles of the Blast through flashbacks, and the farthest back we can actually see the Blast coming from is from beyond the Moon, so some people say the Diamond’s simply traveled to an unspecified distance behind the moon to fire the blast. Obviously this line of thinking contradicts Blue Diamond’s claim

One of the witnesses of the attacks recalls hearing a sound from the sky prior to the light corrupting the gems. Unless sound travels faster than light in this verse, this should prove the attack wasn't even FTL, let along MFTL
Doubt the creator and show runners were thinking about the logistics of a big ass blast coming to the planet and the fact that it made a sound also the attack came from homeworld it was definitely MFTL and was accepted as such in the thread you just listed. It was also calc'd with a lowball distance before the previous upgrade that happened in that thread

Last edited:
This attack only ended up corrupting gems on Earth. It did not effect any organic being such as humans or animals. A "Solar System" level attack didn't even scratch the Earth itself.
This was a attack intended to destroy gems and obliterate the Earth the diamonds thought the job was done after they fired it but ofc we know Pink Diamond shielded the blast

On top of the fact that the Diamonds, specifically White Diamond, have shown the ability to us their light as direct damaging attacks

Plus the attack was shown to have parted clouds on a global scale, the transmutation of gems was just an effect of the blast. To point it out more, Diamonds expected that everyone is should've died on earth after their attack.

"How did you even survive? We blasted the planet and obliterated every Gem on it surface."

"No one should have survived our attack."

Honestly the fact that they knew to use this attack to try to wipe out the gems on earth but didnt know that without pink it would corrupt the gems leads you to believe and implies that they did this at some point in the past with Pink still with them and it just annihilated whatever they used it on

Also if you're set on the attack coming from the moon then show proof of them operating outside of the moon base because this isn't an arguement and is contradicted by other statements and you can't say white diamond warped to the moon it's simply not enough and would be headcanon as its clearly contradictory to the show itself and statements by Blue Diamond we also have the official timeline below something you've completely ignored before alongside the other statements. The official timeline that clearly state "All 3 remaining diamonds evacuate loyal gems from + blast all remaining with a psychic attack that should have destroyed them" another statement to this being an actual attack.
3a9.jpg

Last edited:
Addressing other arguement against this beforehand

The clip in question is after seasons into the show after Yellow Diamond and homeworld Clearly learn that the Crystal gem's and life on Earth were already around. And Yellow says she wants the cluster not needs the cluster, the cluster is an all important Gem weapon that scales above mostly all gems and takes hundreds to thousands of years to incubate so of course Yellow wants the cluster when it takes a long time to produce even one of them.

"If you had an galactic(s) empire running, would you shoot a destructive light on a specific target light years away or would you shoot the light in with the Earth in sight? Would you really risk destroying planets, stars, your own colonies, your potential future colonies to blast a planet GALAXIES AWAY? Especially when you are just fed up with the specific planet and wanted to make sure the job is done, would you do it light years away and risk, you know, MISSING the target?"

To something I'd say that this isn't an arguement arguing the logistics behind it doesn't make what we know happens less credible when everything supports what our points and as everyone knows the blast blitzed everyone(all loyal gens were ordered to leave Earth before the blast was fired and any left on earth met a terrible fate) so it doesn't matter and again you're saying this about an alien race that uses galaxy warps to traverse throughout sperate galaxies and has Massively FTL and Lightspeed travel and attacks widely available to them.

Anywho the blast came from beyond Earth as stated before by many sources including Blue Diamond herself that White diamond hasn't left homeworld in eons it the blast could have only come from the gems homeworld's galaxy and anything else would be headcanon ignoring what we've directly been told

Last edited:
The purpose of this thread is to discuss about the Diamond Blast's calculation. There was another thread intended for this but it got very derailed towards the end so i decided to make a new one.

This is the first calculation found on Discord thanks to @CinnabarManx421

latest
latest

This is the second calculation found thanks to @Dalesean027

image0.png
Assuming the calc is right, I agree, also, what is happening? are u going to leave?

As far as I understand, the formula for the last end involves luminosity from a distance. So for it work, you need to assume that the light is still coming from the source at that distance as it reaches earth instead of it being a single blast of light that travels said distance. A blast of light traveling through the cosmos shouldn’t be the same as something shining all the way through; or at least that's what I understand.

As far as I understand, the formula for the last end is involves luminosity from a distance. So for it work, you need to assume that the light is still coming from the source at that distance as it reaches earth instead of it being a single blast of light that travels said distance. A blast of light traveling through the cosmos shouldn’t be the same as something shining all the way through; or at least that's what I understand.
Ah okay it's explained in the points I made above but I'll do it again(work with me I just woke up) also it's worth noting this thread is to find a correct way to calc sais feat and evaluate an Calcs found so the one above may not be the best version most accurate version of the calc we can get.

Now back on topic it's literally one really huge blast which blitzed any gems still remaining on Earth from homeworld galaxy(if u want more details it's explained above) the source of the blast the diamonds are the godtiers of the verse and we see from the clip that as soon as they get together to fire the blast and it's released it pretty much has already made it's way to Earth from the them the source which is them unfortunately in the series we never got any direct shots of them right after it was fired so that's about as much as I can say

Neutral, straight on.

While there is nothing conceptually wrong with any of the arguments here, I feel like the timeline of events could work with them being close to the Moon, despite Blue Diamond's "eons" statement.

Then again, I could be headcanoning. Hence why I am taking a neutral stance here.

I agree about that we have no reliable evidence whatsoever for that this was an omnidirectional energy burst rather than an almost straight line blast focused on the Earth only. Also, I already rejected this in another thread, and do not appreciate attempts to sidestep that ruling via new threads that say the same thing.

Galactic range should probably be fine though.

I agree about that we have no reliable evidence whatsoever for that this was an omnidirectional energy burst rather than an almost straight line blast focused on the Earth only. Also, I already rejected this in another thread, and do not appreciate attempts to sidestep that ruling via new threads that say the same thing.

@Starter_Pack

This isn't for an omnidirectional beam like the other thread? And unlike how that thread went this purely is for getting calc's evaluated so we can get the best feat calc possible that's why we gathered calc's because it was turned into this same thing your bringing up about an omnidirectional blast when that's not what's being proposed

We literally once again reconfirmed any of the same lore questions and addressed potential counter arguements brought up from that thread once more so instead of performing how you did there and ignoring the multiple calc methods we have up here to argue an omni-directional beam just get them evaluated or get a new one calc'd like we asked last time

This isn't to sound rude and that's certainly not the intention but it's kinda ridiculous that we needed to make an entirely new thread and reprove the same things just to get to the point where we can get some form of attention and evaluation to an otherwise left behind thread and ignored questions and details for getting an absolutely correct calc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back