• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.

Steven Universe and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Downgrade

AKM sama

The Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
please, i just want to know why the luminosity calc is invalid
If I am getting your calc right, you are saying that a 4-B amount of energy was released right around Earth's surface and then enveloped it, but Earth was intact without a scratch?

Gems not destroying mountain size areas each time that they fight?
inconsistency

it's also not that hard to blow up a planet, once again
If I am getting your calc right, you are saying that a 4-B amount of energy was released right around Earth's surface and then enveloped it, but Earth was intact without a scratch?
yeah, there's a big problem

the sun releases high 6-A energy every day, but most of that energy is scattered through several processes

if it was focused (LIKE IN AN ATTACK RESEMBLING A LAZER OR A LIGHT FLASH OR SOME SORT) then we would all be dead and the surface melted

then why would they care in the first place about the gems rebelling? "It's in another galaxy"
What?
they don't care about humans, if they care enough to send a 4-B force against gems then they would care enough to fly over and punch the planet to death
why is the humans arguments being made? Humans can't fight against Gems, let alone diamonds, and White Diamond is known to not listen to the others diamond, it would be a pain in the ass to convice her to even do something, mainly to a feat that requires 3 diamonds acting together

why is the humans arguments being made? Humans can't fight against Gems, let alone diamonds, and White Diamond is known to not listen to the others diamond, it would be a pain in the ass to convice her to even do something, mainly to a feat that requires 3 diamonds acting together
before i go further

what tier is each diamond

they were rated as High 6-A before, they got upgraded to Low 5-B but i have no idea of how that scaling even exist, it is probably another version of the Diamonds Beam, but i have no idea
if they are low 5-B then if one of them wanted gems gone they could fly to earth and punch it to bits

why would they use a 4-B attack

they thought that nothing was left in the earth, as stated by Yellow/Blue diamond and peridot, and since, why would they left homeworld to another galaxy to finish the gems if they could simply......send a Beam, which is what they did
you mean the 4-B beam that did not vaporize earth? yeah that beam doesn't seem 4-B and those diamonds don't seem low 5-B

I’m not too interested in the debate itself, I just wanted to ask: I remember distinctly of two feats, one being when Garnet, Ame, and Pearl were using their power to control a star, and were going to send it through the warp (until Steven startled them, and it blew everything up. Reminder this was in one of the possibilities Steven foresaw) the other is during the episode where Sardonyx and the fusion of Steven and Ame go into her room. I recall Sardonyx saying the room was infinite in size? I could be mistaken, but I remember something similar. Are these feats not able to be used or?

Aren't the rooms are just specifically designed gem tech? Why would they scale in any way to the gems natural AP? I can't remember the episode you're talking about, but from what you described it sounds like the gems didn't survive so they wouldn't scale to that either.

I don’t think the gems could survive the collective blast of a star, but maybe there could be a calc of the energy needed from all three of them to sustain it, then scale them that way.

Also I believe the rooms are powered by the gems themselves, as they sustain it. I may be mistaken though.

and yeah if diamonds are even a fraction of 4-B or anything remotely close to that, they wouldn't need the cluster

"I want that planet to die. I need my cluster"

gg re

This derailing is riveting but I’mma go over the revisions before applying them

• Lapis Lazuli: Varies (Depending the quantity of water she has access to), Usually Mountain level (She can create water constructs that can easily send Jasper flying and overpower Garnet, create water clones capable of matching the power of the Crystal Gems), up to Multi-Continent level Environmental Destruction with her powers (Stole the Earth's oceans overnight and used them to make a giant tower into outer space while severely weakened with a cracked gem after being imprisoned for thousands of years. As confirmed by Yellow Diamond, a single Lapis Lazuli is able to terraform a planet)
  • Blue Diamond/Yellow Diamond/White Diamond: Since Low 5-B is bullshit, the 4-B calc hasn’t been accepted, and scaling to the Cluster or Lapis’ ED is disputed by the OP I believe the Diamonds would be “At least 6-C” upscaling from the Quartizine Trio unless there’s something I’m missing.
  • Connie Maheswaran should likely be overall 7-A, and lose her Instinctive Reactions

Last edited:

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Sysop
That's... not what i said. The 4-B calc should stay since no one, i repeat, no one has bothered to explain why isn't valid.
For a series with consistent tier 7 feats this is outlier.

It's dumb narratively and makes no sense.

It makes the Cluster weaker than the Diamonds and that's dumb because Cluster = Ships > Diamonds.

The actual blast of the attack holds no AP and if it did it wouldn't be enough to destroy the planet, much less breach tier 4.

You calculated luminosity and that does not translate at all to usable AP because that assumes that the light actually does damage which it does not.

Your argument that Pink would scale to 4-B because she would add actual AP to the attack holds absolutely no weight because it is merely an assumption and you lack any solid evidence to prove that it is the case (To clarify, no direct statements, no clear insinuations, no WoG. You literally have nothing).

Do you want me to keep going or....?

For a series with consistent tier 7 feats this is outlier.

It's dumb narratively and makes no sense.

It makes the Cluster weaker than the Diamonds and that's dumb because Cluster = Ships > Diamonds.

The actual blast of the attack holds no AP and if it did it wouldn't be enough to destroy the planet, much less breach tier 4.

You calculated luminosity and that does not translate at all to usable AP because that assumes that the light actually does damage which it does not.

Your argument that Pink would scale to 4-B because she would add actual AP to the attack holds absolutely no weight because it is merely an assumption and you lack any solid evidence to prove that it is the case (To clarify, no direct statements, no clear insinuations, no WoG. You literally have nothing).

Do you want me to keep going or....?
I’m starting to hate this wiki if STAFF MEMBERS keep bitching and complaining about a FICTIONAL CHARACTER’S statistics.

You came to a fictional character indexing site expecting us not to index fictional characters?

What?
Stfu go touch some grass if you keep complaining like this. You’re literally putting words in my mouth. You keep saying the statistics are dumb when there are people who have tried their HARDEST to find them.

Bro just stfu I’m fucking tired bitch and I can’t fucking sleep.
reject-modernity-return-to-monke.gif

6-B is an outlier in one piece even when they are 6-B... I understand... Now come escape with me
smile-orangutan.gif

Bro just stfu I’m fucking tired bitch and I can’t fucking sleep.
I was reading this thread for funs sake and then I saw this unacceptable display

Coolboy Please Stop it
This is a Debate and everyone hear is entitled to there own thoughts and opinions
It's your task to challenge what others think NOT to mock them for it and to disprove arguments with facts and evidence rather than toxic behavior and ill-mannered

Please Take a Chill Pill and Rest and Return later when your in a better

Then, like, put on some calm sleep music, shut off your blue light emitting electronic, and go to sleep.
AND YOU KNOW :poop: BE GOING DOWN ONCE YOU'VE PROVOKED AND SUMMONED THE GRIM REAPER HIMSELF

Just apologize for the bad behavior (or not), leave, get some rest, have a drink, relax and come back once your in a better mood

Bad Behavior IS NOT tolerated here and be careful unless someone might take the initiative to report you (that is of course if you already haven't been reported)

Thank You and Have a Good Day

I was reading this thread for funs sake and then I saw this unacceptable display

Coolboy Please Stop it
This is a Debate and everyone hear is entitled to there own thoughts and opinions
It's your task to challenge what others think NOT to mock them for it and to disprove arguments with facts and evidence rather than toxic behavior and ill-mannered

Please Take a Chill Pill and Rest and Return later when your in a better

AND YOU KNOW :poop: BE GOING DOWN ONCE YOU'VE PROVOKED AND SUMMONED THE GRIM REAPER HIMSELF

Just apologize for the bad behavior (or not), leave, get some rest, have a drink, relax and come back once your in a better mood

Bad Behavior IS NOT tolerated here and be careful unless someone might take the initiative to report you (that is of course if you already haven't been reported)

Thank You and Have a Good Day
Where did you come from? 😅 is this a mod or something?
Not sure you can say what is tolerated and what is not... 🤔 you would need to ask a mod and bring proof or something, like this...
  • Do not instigate drama or systematically spread toxicity, and follow the instructions in official staff warnings.

Sir_Ovens

VS Battles
Sysop
Can we stop derailing the purpose of the thread, please?

The topic at hand still has not concluded.

This is too confusing for me but I guess I’m neutral but leaning towards agreeing with the thread…

actually I agree with the thread… if you have problems with it, you should make a crt to change things you think is better, you can still discuss why you think it’s this thread is incorrect tho

A Gem warship no-sold a blast from four cannons, and YD punched through her ship.

Regular Gems shouldn’t scale to the cannon since Garnet said it was more powerful than herself, though.
Okay, then Diamonds should get island level (if that calc still holds weight)

as for the regular gems, the only two noteworthy AP feats that I remember is Garnet (a fusion) causing a mountain to collapse and Sapphire hitting a home run. Old 2017 calc found here for the HR

Though not sure if we can apply AP scaling to the rest of the gems to a character hitting a baseball?

Curious how you purposely change "want" for "need"...
My bad. Correction:
"I want my cluster"
My point still stands that if the diamonds are capable of even a fraction of 4-B or low 4-C AP, they would not need the cluster and they wouldn't need to rely on their ship mechs to fend off the cluster which is not even at full strength. Yellow Diamond clearly wanted the Earth gone, but obviously lacked the AP to do it.

ByAsura

VS Battles
Sysop
On another note here, I've always had a problem with Lapis' ratings because we actually see how Lapis gems terraform in Steven Universe Future.

They use water attacks to slice apart landmasses chunks at a time. The two from Future even stated that Lapis' superior techniques would allow them to terraform the land much more quickly than before. It may be a fun process for them, but it's certainly time consuming and not actually done by manipulating oceans on a global or even continental scale.

Also, Lapis was fused with Jasper when she trapped trapped Malachite under the ocean. While they don't outright gain new abilities, abilities from even a single fusee are shown to increase massively.

Monster Steven and Obsidian should still be High 6-A (Monster Steven overpowered the Partially Formed Cluster, Obsidian cleaved through the Blue and Yellow Diamond Arm ships)

Monster Steven and Obsidian should still be High 6-A (Monster Steven overpowered the Partially Formed Cluster, Obsidian cleaved through the Blue and Yellow Diamond Arm ships)
Gems, including Lapis and cluster only wanted to hold Steven at bay. I doubt the partially formed Cluster was going 100% same as Lapis. They obviously weren't trying to hurt Steven, even in his Monster form.

Monster Steven still hurt the cluster and cluster preformed it’s feat just by awakening, so Steven would still scale regardless.

Also, somewhat unrelated, I want to point out 7-A Steven Universe was supposed to be downgraded. Unfortunately the forum move happened and nuked the downgrade thread, but I remember most the arguements.

Like the characters have no reason to scale to the random comic ship as nobody fought it, majority of the other feats are weather manipulation with no proof it should scale physically, and some of the feats got recalced to 7-B. Though I’m at work right now (on break), so I’ll relook over that stuff later. I just wanted to point that out because I distinctly remember Steven Universe was supposed to be downgrade yet never was. (Oh also Connie’s 9-B feat comes from a comic that was retconned out of canon).

I was just looking into the Ruby feat. They got the speed from a different scene, so that shouldn’t be used. On another note I’ve heard a ton of the comic got removed from canon by one of the staff so was that comic ship in one of non canon comics or the canon one. And should the characters really scale to a ship nobody interacted with in a one off comic that the show never notices. Seems very strange that would be the main feat every character scales to even if it still is canon.

Though I should point out the temple explosion in either season 1 or 2 (the death trap one) was calculated at low 7-C and everyone face tanked it so the gems being tier 7 is definitely still going to be the case. I remember the downgrade was just supposed to make them 7-B so not a massive drop and it seems peridot’s escape pod and the mountain toppling are probably going to be the new main feats. Unless the comic ship is still useable but I have no clue why anyone scales to that when nobody fought or survived a hit from that ship. And it preformed it’s feat through heat so it wouldn’t even scale to the ship itself.

ByAsura

VS Battles
Sysop
The ship one isn't really even accurate. It was a lightning bolt that turned the glass to sand, not the surrounding temperature.

Also, If we're not scaling anyone to Lapis' water powers, nobody should scale to blizzard powers. They scale to higher feats, anyway.
Though I should point out the temple explosion in either season 1 or 2 (the death trap one) was calculated at low 7-C and everyone face tanked it so the gems being tier 7 is definitely still going to be the case.
Might have to check that one, it could be divided due to surface area and distance.

Last edited:
  • The two snowstorms are Environmental Destruction (unless I’m missing something)
  • The 7-A Ruby calc is Calc Stacking
  • The comic ship thing isn’t accurate to begin with (Heat feat + no one ever interacted with it)
That leaves:
  • Garnet’s mountain split (can’t find calc)
  • Peridot’s Escape Pod (City level+)
So they’re dropping a Tier then, rip

Steven was literally on the cause of the explosion (the low 7-C temple explosion). I think they fully scale. Doesn’t matter much anyways, it’s purely support.

If the sun releases multi continental levels of energy per second on the earth, how come the planets surface isn’t just magma?
Not to be that guy but this is a hilarious false equivalence. The sun releases 384.6 septillion watts per second, which is 3.846e+26 joules or over 91.921606118547870 petatons, which is indeed high 6-A.
However Only one one-billionth of that energy reaches earth, which is 3.846e+17 joules or 91.92160611854789 megatons (7-B+).
Not to mention this is heat based energy so there's no 7-B force in the slightest.

Just wanted to point that out.

Last edited:

ByAsura

VS Battles
Sysop
  • Sapphire —> 8-A, Low 7-B via Environmental Destruction
It's not environmental destruction, just mass-energy conversion that doesn't scale to AP. It's unnecessary to have it.
Garnet crushed her with absolute ease. I think that warrants at least 7-B for her and anyone that directly scales (Pearl and Amethyst don't scale directly, they're consistently stated to be much less powerful but can still fight her).
The diamonds might be getting some much higher ratings. We'll give you an update on that.

im fine with the downgrades/proposed changes. im fine with steven scaling to the cluster due to peridot statement and being able to overpower it. i have issues with it still, since Yellow's ship was able to tango with the cluster as well, but if others are willing to accept that then fine.

steven pink state should be at least 7-B since he is tapping into his diamond powers.

Sir_Ovens

VS Battles
Sysop
I don't know what the outcome of the 4-B thread is, but as long as the scaling is made clear on this thread, there is nothing more I have to say. The actual feats and calcs can be covered on another thread.

Lapis' High 6-A feat is ED and Fusions and Diamonds don't scale to it.

Monster Steven scales to Cluster's arm.

Everyone else remains as they are.

Sir_Ovens

VS Battles
Sysop
That's fine. I'll just adjust them to 6-C now with updated justification. You can adjust them to High 6-B or whatever after you conclude the other thread since the justifications for scaling between characters will remain the same.