• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stepping down as an Admin

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Well guys, at least this time I'm leaving on good terms.

So, why am I stepping down? It boils down to two reasons, really. First and foremost, I don't have the time that I used to. I'm taking online courses while working, and though school and work are nothing new, I also am finalizing all the requirements and arrangements for a move to Louisville to attend Louisville Theological Seminary, which is a graduate course for those entering ministry. At the same time I am also doing work in the candidacy process, which is mentally taxing if nothing else.

Second, I just don't have the same motivation to partake in VSB topics as I once did. My interest has waned for no particular reason, and being an admin has become more of a job than a pastime, and it is a job I have been sorely neglecting. Y'all deserve to have admins that can properly carry out their duties.

This this mean I will be gone forever? Probably not, but I can't say for certain. In any case, I want everyone to know that my leaving as not caused by any one of you, and I'll stay in touch with quite of few of VSB's members. I may pop in now and again, but to all the people that are asking me to participate in threads, I'm sorry that I won't be able to do what y'all want me to help with.

I'm not going to list off everyone's names that I've interacted with and give a closing message since, like I said, I'm not really gone for good, but just stepping down in position. To pretty much everyone here, though, it's been a blast and I've enjoyed being your admin; I hope the feeling is mutual.

Read this post said:
It seems like everyone is leaving or starting to leave vs debating as of late. I have a feeling it is going to truly die out soon. Good luck on your future bro. Make it count
Nah, I wouldn't say that. It's just that a lot of the old admins have been moving on to other things for one reason or another.

We still have a large array of admins and active members on the site, and with the help of the newly appointed staff and Ant never sleeping always being there to keep the site running, I can see this place continuing on for a good while yet.

Farewell, Assaltwaffle. Hopefully your previous experience as a VS Battles Wiki administrator will help you at your future ministry work ^_^

Everyone: Don't be afraid of versus debating potentially dying anytime soon or late. As long as the competition's and versus debating's souls are living in our hearts, they are definitely not going to disappear!

Starter Pack said:
Read this post said:
It seems like everyone is leaving or starting to leave vs debating as of late. I have a feeling it is going to truly die out soon. Good luck on your future bro. Make it count
We still have a large array of admins and active members on the site, and with the help of the newly appointed staff and Ant never sleeping always being there to keep the site running, I can see this place continuing on for a good while yet.
I feel as if I'm gonna have a nightmare where Ant resigns for health reasons now that you've said that...

Take care AssaltWaffle, now I know of 3 really great Admins who have stepped down. At least it's on a good note though.

I really enjoyed talking with you and I also did miss the good old days where you were more active. It was also fun helping you out with the StarCraft profiles which still need quite a bit of work. But I guess I'm going to have to take over with updating some statistics and making the Civilization profiles for that verse more polished. Anyway, I do hope we can chat some on Discord and I hope life goes well with you. You will be missed at least for the time being.

As I mentioned in the private message, I am very sorry to see you go. You have always been a very levelheaded, rational, mature, knowledgeable, and helpful staff member.

Thanks a lot for all of your help over the years, and good luck with your real life. I am sure that you would make an excellent high-ranking official for your faith. You are always welcome back to your old position whenever you wish.

I remember when you was a red man preaching me about storm shit, now you already stepping down from admin. Man time is one scary thing. But real life comes first, I wish you good luck, and may you be as successful as you can. Even though I never knew you...

Back