• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stats revision in Marvel/DC Comics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introductio

Dragged all the contents from this blog. So, you can see introduction there. I'll directly copy greater part of material in this discussion.

How fast is Flash
"And let's start with this. Surely almost everyone believes that Flashes are Massively FTL+ characters, capable of running and traveling at interminable bazillions times faster than light, basically, thanks to a shitload of calculations with frantic results. I will not hesitate and say that their speed at their best equals the speed of light. Confirmation of it.
Known to all moment with salvation of people from nuclear explosio. Many calculated trillions times FTL speeds, but on these scans are placed statements of near lightspeed: "at a hair's breadth short of the speed of light", "As his body sloughs off the screaming aftereffects of near light travel."
Wally was able to run out of black hole only by running through speedforce.
Wally never ran any distance per one septosecond. He only calculated how much time he has got to the nearest septosecond and figured this was more than enough time to reset every radio on Earth.
"Running faster than the speed of light gets you in to the speed force."
"How fast is Flash? Both Jay's and Barry's top velocity was 186,000 miles per second, the speed of light. Sprinting, Jay could achieve that speed faster; Barry, however, could maintain light-speed longer, giving him the edge over greater distances."

Jay Garrick talks about what happens to speedsters at and above the speed of light: "186,000 miles per second. The speed of light. Strange things happen as you approach the superluminal barrier. Your body loses physical mass, converting to light energy. Your subjective experience of time changes, it flows like molasses, begins to fold back in upon itself." By the way, Jay mentioned that Black Adam's legs "began to flag" at approximately Mach 500 and he loses his speed. And this guy is MFTL+ because of scaling from Superman and Shazam, lol.
Also DC encyclopedias claim lightspeed at best.
Wally said their fight with Eobard Thawne took a picosecond, while he only managed to develop lightspeed and hit his opponent in jaw, there's no FTL combat speed.
In fact, Wally once managed to achieve FTL speed, but almost instantly vanished into speedforce.
And what can we expect from now? I will explain in advance that speedsters' perception speed doesn't equal their travel/running/combat speed. See above, Flashes can process information in picoseconds, attoseconds and even septoseconds, while at every turn we get explanation about lightspeed as their top travel/movement speed. You must be in shock, or you knew that but ignored the facts. Of course, there are many scaled MFTL+ characters from in DC Comics, does that mean almost every top tier character now is thousands or even bazillion times faster than "speedsters"? No, because those bullshit MFTL calculations sucks. Wonder Woman with her low-end 52594876486185656320c didn't react to a bullet. She lacked agility to avoid collision with building while flying at supersonic speed: "I feel the air around me tighten and release. I lose the machine's words as the sound barrier shatters. Our combined sonic booms ring out as a warning. I lose sight of it as it crashes into the refinery." Think WW has at best supersonic+ combat and reactions, higher in terms of travel by flying. This applies to absolutely all DC characters who were scaled to be massively faster-than-light via USUAL CLASH with characters like Superman. Diane and Black Adam already are revisioned. And this also applies to Marvel Comics."

Thor Odinson and troubles with stats and scalings
"Perhaps each of you noticed that 99% Marvel characters are scaled here to be massively FTL+ and have solar system AP via scaling from Thor (joke but situation is really terrifying). Let's start with lifting strength for example. It's Class Y, which means Thor can lift larger planets and as mentioned he supported a weight equivalent to 20 planets. Come check best achievements.
Thor pulled the rod with Midgard Serpent. According to calc, its volume is less than 1/10 of the Earth and mass much less than 5.97├ù10┬▓Ôü┤ kg, but here is completely random one second timeframe, within it Thor pulled serpent on 58199.81876 kilometers, in the end we get 134,966.5392 yottatons. Are you seriously? Pulling this monster on distance more than twice greater than diameter of the Earth only per one second is absurd. Judging by frames, low-end timeframe should be at least 10 second, which brings us to 1309.9904 yottatons (Planet level), but increasing time value at least 15-20 sec gives us level of Earth chunk. Eventually I see here only Class Z lifting.
Thor and Hercules generate enough power in armwrestling to knock Earth out of it orbit. Notice that both released their full godly power and were red because of exertion: "Thor and Hercules evert all their godly strength, all their immortal power, power which is truly incalculable, unmentionable, unrecordable, uncomprehendable!!", "They were generating enough pressure to knock whole planet out of orbit!" You may calc kinetic energy of this feat despite that consequence of competition was destroyed plateau. Think that feat would be at very best Class Y.
Thor pulls Yggdrasil with nine worlds, burning himself out. Notice that other eight worlds expect Midgard are one pretty large continent, which means Thor doesn't pull nine separate planets. "The wheel turns. I force it back, the skin of my palms burning. Terrifying or not, they deserve to live, to grow into something better. The pain of my near-death returns. My body screams. I force it back. Hot minutes pass like hours. I must grow."
Thor somewhat shatters surface of worlds around him because of his battle with Gorr. After he repaired it with great difficulty. "With every swing of his mighty hammer, Thor felt his bones rattle. His fingers crack. His muscles tear. And yet, he swings again. Even harder than before. Thor ignored the pain. The roar of his own screams. The shattering of worlds around him. Thor focused only on bludgeoning and ignored everything else." Ah, one moment, isn't this the comic where Thor shook the stars with his mighty blows, which gived us some 315,956,000,300,000 yottatons?
And we'll finish on Thor's statement, according to which he restrains his divine power on Earth, in battles with humans, he had deliberately forgotten that he is Thunder God. What do I mean by all this? There's no way we can just scale Planet/Solar System level AP to other characters via common battles. Thor has only 3 solar system level feats as I remember. His durability should be comparable to only strength when he uses all his potential of godly power, both are Planet level in my opinion. I'll finish it with restrained Thor has problems with lifting a ******* building. Advise everyone to read article again and remove all unnecessary solar system stats of Marvel characters scaled from random battles/wins over Thor, if he wasn't at full power, but after long experiencing of Marvel Comics lore, think scaling planet/system stats is possible in very few cases."

Total debacle of massively FTL stats
"Because I'm now too lazy to paint everything in detail, directly to the proofs.
But small discussion. How many of you think that travel speed rivals combat/reaction speed of the character? Does Thor with his calculated 40+ quadrillions FTL have similar movement speed? Even when it is necessary to develop conventional FTL with some period of time? When Thor develops three lightspeeds in outer space for lengthy timeframe and Mach 32 in atmosphere only during a protracted flight? In short, Thor can't fight at thousands or millions or billions lightspeeds at once, that's all I'm saying.
Thor didn't react to FTL+ blitz from Sentry with death seed, which bends space and time itself. One moment, base Sentry was scaled to be MFTL+ via being comparable to Thor. Smartly.
It was also mentioned that top possible speed in Marvel universe is the speed of light.
Warp speed (FTL) can be achieved through traversing warp space, and cannot be achieved in Earth's atmosphere.
Even Tom Brevoort stated that travel speed is far beyond character's reflexes and combat speed.
So, "top tier" Marvel combatants are moving at impossible speeds while bending space/time and they are thousand times faster than Quicksilver, who cannot outrun light as well as DC speedsters. Personally, I think Thor has supersonic reactions/combat speed via deflecting bullets, and nothing more. All other combatants also needed their profile to change. Let's finish the blog with one interesting character, Spectrum. She flew at lightspeed beyond Earth's atmosphere, made communication with several satellites for no more than a nanosecond and made a complete circling of the globe in something under two seconds. Pay attention to Thor's speech "Verily, your powers are unlike any others" and Cap's "Astounding! Her speed makes Quicksilver's look like nothing!". Despite she never shown FTL travel/movement speed, on VS Battles she has those features. Herewith Pietro and Odinson are FTL+/MFTL+, even while Monica totally humiliates Quicksilver, once again confirming fact that speedster cannot outrun light. But this does not prevent pros from calculating several lightspeeds for him via dodging hypno waves, it sounds ridiculously."

ðíontinuatio
Matthew Schroeder: "You're actually using the Relativistic+ statement for a feat that was calculated at trillions of times the speed of light. Also having an entire fight in a picosecond is blatantly MFTL+, and Tom Brevoort's word doesn't mean crap. Downplaying Thor to just Planetary and trying to pretend his fight with Gorr wasn't even Planetary when his planet-shattering blows were calculated at Large Planet level+. And Subsonic Wonder Woman, and also saying that Quicksilver can't react to light when he's outrun Radio Waves. Monica herself also has FTL and FTL+ calculations for movement and reaction, I should add."

I'll be as brief as I can. My apologies, but there is no blatantly FTL speed, Wally just hit Eobard at lightspeed. "The faster an object moves, the more mass it attains. At lightspeed, my fist hits like a white dwarf star." Which of course means during this picosecond battle Wally reached lightspeed and stroke at his opponent. Knowing that punches thrown by boxers last less than 60 ms, it becomes obvious that lightspeed blow knocked out Thawne in a picosecond. Furthermore, just one controversial achievement and dozens calcs makes no sense. Above I provided pile of proofs that Flashes are just lightspeed speedsters at their best, and surpassing the speed of light leads to speedforce instantly. Do not forget about the Garrick's explanation.

Okay, if Thor can reach Large Planet level+ via brute strength and striking force, before scaling Solar System level AP to other combatants just keep in mind that Thor achieved such upshot via broken bones, teared muscles and unthinkable pain with each separate attack. Feat with shaking stars in that case just can't surpass Large Planet AP, it's literal approval, because outcome of calc gives us 50767 times more energy than from destroying planetary surface in above mentioned feat, at this rate Thor's hand had to be pulverized from one strike. Besides, I left in blog Thor's statement that he restrains his divine power on Earth in battles with earthlings, he fought at full strength only with asgardian gods. He released all his godly strength in armwrestling with Hercules, for example. Even in battle with Durok the Demolisher restrained Thor maximum was destroying walls and small buildings, then he almost died from an electrical discharge. That seems not to be just "plot induced stupidity" because Durok was created with the appointment to kill Thor. I also want to remind you that this Thor had big troubles with lifting of a building.

Attempt to scale System level from characters like Thor sheer stupidity. VSB is scaling those stats only from heroes and villains being comparable to him, while he has shown at least three solar system level achievements at peak of his true power. Stuff should judge AP not only by looking at opportunity of random character to be comparable to Thor/Hulk/Sentry/Superman, but what real AP do their fights have on the environment. When they're serious, their battles would at least destroy objects around at a certain scale as this is shown here. VSB gives MCU Cap Small Country level AP for knocking Thanos off balance, while they both didn't shown even Building level AP at that certain moment. Don't get me wrong, if some character could defeat Thor at peak of his powers and stats, this character would have Large Planet+/Solar System level (extremely unlikely). "We can still use power-scaling for Marvel and DC, if a certain character is explicitly shown at a certain degree of power within a story, and another character legitimately matches that power."

Back to Spectrum. According to many statements, Monica has the ability to transform herself into any form of electromagnetic energy, also ability to manipulate any form of electromagnetic energy, like cosmic rays, gamma rays, x-rays, ultraviolet radiation, visible light, infrared radiation, microwaves etc. So she can travel maximum at lightspeed via transforming herself into electromagnetic energy, because EM waves travel at the speed of light in vacuum. She can have FTL+ reactions and perception speed, but in fact her movement speed is limited to SoL. Meanwhile she is almost the fastest member of Avengers in terms of reactions/combat speed.

As for Quicksilver, he's now to be FTL character, by exceeding lightspeed he sink into time travel, but until recently, he wasn't able to outrun light. Many gave him FTL via feat with radiowaves, in my view it is Relativistic+ at best, because of those statements: "The reason for the quotation marks is because when light or radio waves are propagating through matter, we observe them travelling more slowly. The property of matter that corresponds to this reduction in propagation speed is called the dielectric constant that depends on the frequency of the waves and is equivalent to the refraction index for light waves. Interestingly, for stationary electric fields the dielectric constant also reflects an increase in energy storage between two conductors, appoximating the storage of energy in magnetic fields when electric charge is moving. When radio waves propagate, their energy content alternates between their electric and magnetic components at their frequency. So, the simple answer to how fast radio waves travel is that it depends what they are moving through, maximum for space, slower for matter depending on the type of matter and the frequency of the waves."
"In a vacuum, the speed is 299 792 458 m/s. This is often rounded off to 3.0E+8 meters per second. However, when radio signals travel in a medium such as a transmission line, the speed is slower. Transmission lines (such as coaxial cables) have a parameter called the velocity factor that is used to calculate the speed of the radio waves as they travel down the line. Thus, if you had a coaxial cable with a 66% velocity factor, you would have to multiply 3.0E+8 by 0.66 to calculate the speed of the radio waves in the cable."

Seriously, why narrator simply not pointed out FTL via comparison with the speed of light?
Outcome, Quicksilver is SoL at best likewise DC Flashes, by surpassing this speed value they get into time traveling/speedforce. Very foolish to try to pull their maximum to FTL via some disputable feats.

ByAsura: ">didn't react to a bullet This is the biggest outlier ever. Wonder Woman consistently dodges bullets like it's nothing—she literally did it in this same issue. Also, do you think Superman isn't even as fast as a bullet, the guy whose tagline is "faster than a speeding bullet"? >She lacked agility to avoid collision with building while flying at supersonic speed The scan doesn't say she tried to avoid the collision. If anything, context implies Wonder Woman was trying to fly through the refinery because she just punched that OMAC through it. Also, the fact that she clearly blocks the rubble while in flight means she did react to it. About the light-speed argument, you know your scans contradict that right? Also, it's not just warp space, also there's FTL travel through hyperspace, which Gladiator and Thor are capable of matching. Also, I suppose their hundreds of Massively FTL feats and scaling are now irrelevant because of random, mostly off-hand statements."

Me: "You misunderstood me. I know well about WW's achievements with deflecting bullet salvo, so I mentioned above about her supersonic+ reactions and combat speed from my opinion, I said nothing about subsonic stats. And I also pretty know about hyperspace, which is existing outside of conventional space, almost every cosmic character is able to traverse through it. Therefore I sharply opossed MFTL+ combat speed stats, which practically every Marvel top tier combatant has on VSB. Does that mean they can easily fight at million FTL inside hyperspace? Because someone think MFTL travel speed should be equal to reactions, consequently to reflexes and combat speed. Total absurdity"

To what end?
I'm not trying to prove that in the Marvel/DC Verses it is impossible to travel at FTL speeds, but we currently must understand all of the painted above. Thanks to a lot of evidences it became clear, that FTL speed in marvel comics leads to warp-space/hyperspace/bends time and space as aftereffect of faster-than-light traveling. Flashes are no more inconceivable bazillions times FTL via nocuous calculations. Top tier characters like Thor and Hulk shall be no more MFTL+ combatants as well as ALL marvel characters, majority of which are subsonic/supersonic at their best (via noxious calcs and microsecond/lightning feats MHS+ and Relativistic, but that's another story). Same goes for scalings with solar system level for such like Colossus, Hulk, Cosmo, etc, meh. I also don't deny that there are characters with FTL combat/running swiftness like Gladiator, who was repeatedly shown such achievements, this (running speed) is even confirmed by the handbook. In no case should we scale FTL reflexes (from him) to other characters, in particular to Thor, characters must show ability to FTL movement by themselves.

(also apologize for my troubles with eng)

I agreed about all, except Quicksilver. He dodjed LL's lasers, which were stated to be photons. Also Handbook confirm his Warp-speed.

Rostislav Klepikov said:
Demiurgic Archangel said:
I agreed about all, except Quicksilver. He dodjed LL's lasers, which were stated to be photons. Also Handbook confirm his Warp-speed.
Handbook confirms his ability to time travel via exceeding lightspeed. Also objectively Pietro dodged those photonic blasts at Relativistic speed, whereas he passed less distance than LL's lasers did.
Okay. Then Relativistic+ in base and FTL via Time Travel. I also will call Antvasima there

So should we close this thread, or should we at least discuss the Marvel character speed levels first? Characters such as Thor are seldom treated as swifter than Spider-Man in combat speed after all, and they are certainly not treated as swifter than Quicksilver.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Matt and another user literally debunked this in your original post.
Holy shit. It appears all my efforts, proofs and arguments were in vain. Why do we need proofs of lightspeed as top Flash's velocity if we have calculations with trillions FTL in outcome? Why should we understand tier 4 Thor just restrains his powers and broke bones with enormous pain while destroying planetary surface, if we just can scale solar system level to characters via being comparable to him in battle with practically no 4 tier AP shown? Did anyone expect Antvasima even try to understand meaning of all this or large part of VSB just live in their fantasy world with impossible stats of certain characters that completely breaks comics rules?

Since I tried explain maximum available every article of this discussion, no one even paid attention to material evidence of Flash's/Quicksilver's/Spectrum's lightspeed, we have calcs and radiowaves. that's all over.

All more so, in case you haven't noticed, I answered all the Matthew's complaints in this discussion. Now try to put your fancies aside and just read all the proofs left above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back