• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Starting anew. Sponge Bob stuff and then some to mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also here is one more proof that can help support Spongebob's world as a real life city place.

Gorilla is at 5 feet tall and he seems to be in the Spongebob World.

And I'm pretty sure this is sadly still contradicted throughout the series run, They are still small but capable people.

that's just the gorilla being small, aside from it not even being a normal gorilla, considerin it acts human, speaks and has a partner thingy and is a single example contradicted by a lot of stuff, like mermaid man and banarcle boy stating they shrink inside water.

Even spongebob calls bullshit on the gorilla being there.

So instead of proposing 80 new things on this thread and getting nowhere like the last thread.

Contact an admin

Wait until they respond

See what he/she thinks
Alrighty, I have contacted (2) people that can possibly help out here. Just know that I tried.

Last edited:
So I was asked to comment here, I'm not an Admin but I'll still give my thoughts.

I'd like to point out that I'm busy making a feats collection blog for a verse on the wiki that I made but I'll try to help as much as possible. With that said, I'd like to point something out and that is how you set the thread up, no offense (since I've done this in the past as well) but you basically made a mess. Trying to revise/add to their AP, Speed, Abilities, and Resistances all in one thread was a disaster just waiting to happen. Not to mention you wanting people to also check out the blog as well, all of which would make it unlikely for people to follow what's going on and comment on something. It would have been better to have just done a single thread for each, and not add more things in the comments which would make it even harder.

Regardless, I'll try and give some input in an attempt to help move this along. I'll likely go over each thing separately instead of one massive comment but I'll need some time.

Can I ask what the goal of this thread is?. If you're doing a Content Revision thread, what is the end result for the statistics your asking for?.

You posted a bunch of feats that will likely vary (especially the speed ones) but you didn't make a suggestion from what I can see.

Example: Are you trying to make SpongeBob and cast Hypersonic with Relativistic combat and reaction speed or what?, Same with his AP. If you're aiming for something to be changed, you need to put an end result because right now I'm just looking at a thread with a bunch of feats, not many calcs, and a few abilities and resistances additions.

Then you linked the blog which is suggesting some extra stuff, it's really confusing on what is being suggesting here.

This seems more like a General Discussion Thread, just simply going over the feats instead of how we should apply them.

Speed

Jellyfish dodging so far

It says the uncoiling of a jellyfish's small stinger is faster than a bullet from a gun and it takes 700 nanoseconds for a stinger to hit it's mark. However, they aren't dodging the stinger, they are dodging the blast from the stinger.

Catching fire so far

1. That's Sandy traveling via downhill on a board which wouldn't scale to her normal statistics. Plus SpongeBob also wasn't set on fire despite going down the hill so it's not scaling.

2. The Mr Krabs feat is fine I guess. It looks like only his but is on fire but if that affect came from him running I guess it's fine.

3. You said Sandy was flying so fast she made fire out of Jellyfish fields and melted a sign... So she used a jetpack?. If so it wouldn't scale to her normal speed.

The only one acceptable to their speed rating is Mr Krabs feat.

Other higher feats so far

I'm just gonna call it right now, Sandy's travel feat to the moon with her jetpack is bull. While traveling to the up above the water she clearly isn't moving that fast and you even see a jellyfish moving in the background along with some bubbles. She would have had to hit nitrous and start moving much faster but there is a cut and it jumps to her land on what's suppose to be the moon despite it's hilariously small size.

It seems like a unusable feat to me, how are we suppose to use the normal distance form Earth to the Moon when she clearly didn't land on the actual moon given it's small size?. I'm completely against using this feat honestly.

Some of those laser dodges you proposed might not cut it as you'd need proof those are real lightspeed lasers without support. The ultraviolet one and a few others shouldn't be a problem though. If you get those calced and accepted as legit lasers I don't see a problem with scaling their combat and reaction speed to whatever they come up to.

Lifting Strength

SpongeBob's lifting strength outright varies in different episodes. May I remind you of the marshmallows scene, or when he barely lifted the teddy bear weight. These aren't the only times iirc he's been repeatedly treated as a weakly.

He already has Varies for his statistics so I guess you could get those lifting strength feats calculated and use it for his "higher" rating.

Resistances

Resistance to Pain

Isn't this just a product of his Toon Force?. We blatantly see him sustain injuries and feel pain in other episodes like in the episode when SpongeBob was sleeping at Patrick's house and Patrick proceeded to slam his house on SpongeBob and you could hear him screaming in pain (0:38)

Another moment was in the episode were SpongeBob wanted to get in the Salties Spatun (However you say it) and Patrick gave him a black eye! (0:25). Despite his encounter with Flats in which he was treated as a "spongy material" and was unharmed. Heck, later in the episode, SpongeBob makes in into the building but ends up injured in that back of a ambulance and stated he slipped on an ice cube and got knocked unconscious and was in pain (0:10).

So I disagree with giving him straight up Resistance to Pain since he's blatantly harmed in other episodes.

Resistance to Soul Manipulation

I guess "possible" resistance to Soul Manipulation is fine. As said in the OP, in another episode, Mr Krabs was scared about losing his soul and even souls SpongeBob's soul for 62 cents and even he was afraid. Regardless, I'm fine with possible Resistance to Soul Manipulation.

Resistances to Extreme cold/heat/radiation + Transmutation

I never watched "Goons on the Moon" but I'll go off what you're suggesting. If SpongeBob was uneffected by the Ice belt and Fire belt which freeze and set objects on fire respectively then I have no issues with him getting resistance to those two things.

However, I disagree with resistance to Radiation and Transmutation.

And regenerated from his mutation in the Radiation Belt, So did Squidward with the later belt.

If they got mutated by the Radiation Belt then there is no resistance unless someone else was shown to be mutated to a higher degree ot died from it but they didn't. Same with Transmutation, changing/regenerating your form back to it's original state after it got transmuted is not resistance, it's self-biological manipulation.

Why did you add that last moment of Squidward meeting his voice actor on the resistance additions?.That's 4th Wall Breaking, not a resistance.

There honestly isn't much I can do here, I'll go comment on the blog but what you need is Calc members to check that out. I'll message some staff/calc members to take a look at this but that's all I can do.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Elizhaa

Would you mind going over the OP checking out

@Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin @DMUA

Would you mind checking out some of the calcs in this blog to help move this thread along.

Last edited:
I pretty much agree with LordGriffin here, especially the lifting strength parts.

Tldr for Griffin's comment:

1. This thread needs to be better organized

2. As for speed, the only real speed feat of them that counts is Krab's, the other feats are gags (Sandy's fire feat, Sandy's jetpack). However, some of the laser feats can be calced and possibly usable for reaction/combat speed

3. LS is seemingly fine to be put for his higher rating, since he has a varies tier

3. Resistance to pain is just toon force and inconsistent, he is fine with "possibly soul manipulation"

4. While resistance to heat/ice manipulation seems fine, Spongebob's resistance to transmutation seems to be self-biological manipulation instead of resistance, as Spongebob still got affected

5. The other feats are best for the calc group to calculate

Yeah this is much better, Pardon I was busy with other things and given rough times mentally I am not always consistent myself so currently I couldn't always be cleaner sadly.

Though I will say this Griff: Still outjumping a jelly sting THAT FAST should be considered a fast one anyways? Btw Sandy in the "Squirrel Jelly" Episode including Sponge Bob/Patrick did dodge direct shots from a monstrous amped Jellyfish, same with her catching fire had no problem catching ALL Jelly's reacting and swinging speed (Keep in mind Jellyfish fields is now actually a HUUUGE ONE thanks to the Hyper Anon blog). I somewhat agree with everything else I guess I'll take the tips at heart.

Btw I time lined each Given the grudge of finding the episodes because of uptight copyright I actually found a way but of course this site didn't let me, even put in the words of the site wouldn't work, I tried replicating them in wingdings... Only to be replicated in emotes but can be copied on the generator which gives the name of the site but it annoyed several people either way.

Gonna go ahead and note that if the lasers in question don’t adhere to the Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats standards they shouldn’t be considered lightspeed.
I'm sure some and I are aware of this, not all of them act like Bubbles lasers as some could still work.

Though I will say this Griff: Still outjumping a jelly sting THAT FAST should be considered a fast one anyways? Btw Sandy in the "Squirrel Jelly" Episode including Sponge Bob/Patrick did dodge direct shots from a monstrous amped Jellyfish, same with her catching fire had no problem catching ALL Jelly's reacting and swinging speed (Keep in mind Jellyfish fields is now actually a HUUUGE ONE thanks to the Hyper Anon blog). I somewhat agree with everything else I guess I'll take the tips at heart.
I guess it could calc up to something but unless you get them calced it really doesn't matter. We need to know how fast it is before applying it to the profiles.

I also want to debunk that SpongeBob surprising his reflection mirror speed feat.

In "Abrasive side." Sponge bob turns his head around so fast he catches his reflection off guard (7:55). At first glance, the feat doesn't seem noteworthy but keep in mind that mirrors work by reflecting light, which means that Sponge bob looked into a mirror before the light photons being reflected could reach his eye.

First off, the is blatant Toon Force. If SpongeBob moved faster than the mirror could cast his reflection, there wouldn't have been a reflection. The fact that he even "surprised" his reflection would mean the reflection is sentient which means it's not a speed feat.

The fact that this was done by Patrick in the episode were he punched his own reflection in the mirror. The fact that he's just standing there after punching his reflection and not casting a new reflection makes it worse. Are you seriously telling me Patrick moved at FTL speeds that whole time, even while standing still. I'm gonna answer that for you and say no!, it was a straight up gag feat. It wasn't about them moving fast. It was a joke about them interacting with another version of themselves in a mirror. So SpongeBob didn't surprise his reflection, he surprised another SpongeBob.

It's like us saying every horror movie character involving a scene interacting their reflection is moving at FTL speeds because we find out that the thing in the mirror isn't their reflection but an unknown entity. But since their normal reflection wasn't shown, said human moved at FTL speeds... you see the problem.

I disagree with using that stated size for Jellyfish fields given the places in SpongeBob vary in size greatly. However that's just my opinion, but you still need a calc for her swinging that fast. I doubt it would support Relativistic reactions.

Edit: Hold It!!! Isn't that fire coming from the thrusters in her boots!!. If that's the case, she isn't swinging that fast, it's simply the fire from her boots setting things on fire.

I don't know if those would count as legit lasers given how strict our standards are. Looks like Bubbles outright misses sometimes but I'd suggest further input regarding the laser stuff.
It's seemly not legit sadly, the laser makes holes on the ground rather then say burning or reflecting in a way. Therefore it was just chalked up to energy blasts, fast but not lightspeed... Then again come to think of it this is the same Cosmic Dolphin that logically can easily travel through the universe and the energy he has can halt colliding stellar behemoths so... By your logic its probably an outlier again?
By that logic, Bugs feats and abilities should be removed because his is based from toon force as well
That's a whole can of worms mentioned before so it is peculiar. Though the logic here is sponge bob is depicted as being always smaller then humans thus contradicting some too out there upgrades.

I disagree with using that stated size for Jellyfish fields given the places in SpongeBob vary in size greatly. However that's just my opinion, but you still need a calc for her swinging that fast. I doubt it would support Relativistic reactions.

Edit: Hold It!!! Isn't that fire coming from the thrusters in her boots!!. If that's the case, she isn't swinging that fast, it's simply the fire from her boots setting things on fire.
I thought so too... But then even the sign Jellyfish sign took a while to ignite so she was still flying fast, And say what you're going to say about 50 miles but if it is to catch ALL supposed 4,000,000 JELLIES (As said before over 4 million jellyfish reside here, as evidenced in the episode "Jellyfish Hunter") its counts as something. And in this episode she and Sponge and Pat did dodge direct stings from a fused Jellyfish monster.

Now I tried something similar again but this time I tested it and they are not the annoying emotes people saw at first, Though all you need to do is to highlight the following whole symbols and simply copy like so:

˙††πß:÷÷∑∑∑.∑çø.†√÷ßπø˜©´∫ø∫-ßœ¨å®´π嘆ß-ß´åßø˜-¡¡-´πˆßø∂´-™§-ßœ¨ˆ®®´¬-∆´¬¬¥-†˙´-߆®ˆ˜©

Then paste it on "Or symbols go here..." And then you get the decrypted link to the episode.

Anyways, In this episode we have these to take into account again its not just the dodging, BEAR WITH ME:

- Sandy becomes incredibly competitive to the point that she one shots both Squid Ward, Larry the Lobster, And Mr Krabs at volley ball and it just turns out she later states that it felt more like a warm up to her rather then a real challenge (2:06). And dispatched the other Bikini Bottom Mites in the process (3:02).

while under duress in the "Pre-Hibernation Week." episode after folks gave up looking for SpongeBob the bikini bottom mites hide under the rock of Patrick because they are THAT EXTREMELY SCARED OF HER as Sandy is seen chugging/lifting the building's of each.

- Sandy being a Squirrel burrows out of nowhere, reappearing next to SpongeBob and Patrick (3:32)

- Sandy also very casually mind you tanks stings from the many jellyfish she engulfed in her suit determined to get more on her the crazy woman (4:57, Resistance to electricity, Maybe more along the lines of plosion? Given Jelly fish stings are said to carry venom. And getting engulfed only to not be fazed and ready to catch more inside by a lot suggests a pretty high tolerance).

- Sandy somehow reappears through the insides of SpongeBob's pours without SpongeBob even feeling/knowing she was inside himself (5:36, Definitely Teleportation.).

- Sandy possesses Frankenstein Fish Food to kick things up a notch, Basically a steroid food that made the Jelly Fish jacked while spawning a bazooka out of nowhere to boot (6:13, Statistics Amplification and Hammer Space.).

- Patrick survives getting the top of his head cut clean off while jelly fish enter inside him, stinging hard to the point of becoming a glowstick, literally (6:56, Electricity/Plosion resistance and supporting Immortality type 2).

- Sandy is seen sporting Super hero gear granting her Flight, Traps, Spider Man like grappling nets to seal the jacked Jelly fish (7:29).

- While trying to meditate to maintain her Yin Yang, She spawns a flute out of nowhere from which creates rainbows. (11:11, Creation and Light Manipulation.).

- The fused Jelly Fish Monster actually manages to crack Sandy's dome (12:09).

- Jelly Fish Monster lifts the dome with ease (12:20).

- Sandy tanks a stinging attack from the Jellyfish monster (12:39)

- Sandy tanks a fierce crushing blow and being used as a guitar by the Jelly Fish Monster (12:56)

- Then it gets to parts that Sandy dodges a sting from the Jelly Fish Monster (13:14 then again at 13:17)

- Both SpongeBob, Patrick, And Sandy tank getting clashed by the Jelly Fish Monster. (13:31 and then again at 13:40)

- Sandy gets serious as she stays a float air, Focusing within herself as she grows other arms (13:53)

- Sandy is starting to damage the Jelly Fish Monster (14:15, while tanking attacks from the Jelly Fish Monster 14:23).

- Sandy dodges a sting from the Jelly Fish Monster again (14:59).

- Sandy enters inside the Jelly Fish Monster and ends up engulfing/destroying the beast (15:17).

Last edited:
Alright so hear me out I discovered that Sonic has Plot Manipulation cause of a simple comic strip

If that is the case, Spongebob or Patrick should have Plot Manipulation as well via also scripting his story as well and entering as well.

6bN4COOHBmzc0hlVwhms-jAQwB-wpWwg4W-4y37r1DGPe48mXOBisyo8VjgeI2fOKFsON2mZBDJSqec5QJmn1flRnMH9cX2jpYi9I0M46PdEwsh3y5UnkvrQfBKkg9ysD4BUxmtpHQ=s0

7ubJ-ZRL3CswPDYEr0tm7MHoiz1SJ84thJiWfV_npprm9RM4jmqN5kLHIqnnetOrMtFTOFZP3Vc7=s0

Yeah, plus the fact it seems like a kids coloring book, as well as the fact this looks too low budget to me to be a canon comic
I know its hard to believe but YES ITS CANON. Its part of the comics where King Neptune threw the krusty krab from his home and far back to Bikini Bottom to its original position where Plankton took it point blank... I have the book with this btw.

Last edited:
Also here is another to support Resistance Heat Manipulation (Since they walked 348 miles on a frozen weather without using any coat and such) and that Spongebob's world literally states that they are living that is like 1,000 miles or more and bare in mind that 300 miles is a car driving in 5 hours

ulQ78gDOS8JLS0ozSAFR2EGJwB6wazzs_eLuUVGego8ndJECe2I_NiaaLwl529Fzv8P5XCiA3eMy=s0

giphy.gif

Nice find my dude. Lets see what others think of that and this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back