• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

"I really think the universe is against me" Rex said without caring as he rubbed Elis's head as a sign that he didn't care
Elis clearly didn't like that gesture but she got the message, simply sighing and smiling afterward, Timcanpy floating around Elis in a circular motion.

From @DaReaperBoy:

"You still don't pop up behind someone and expect to not get attacked. Anyone with any even okay amount of intelligence knows that." Kentoria said, managing to keep her tone neutral, Lothon shaking his head a bit.
"I mean, he could have pulverized us all just by opening his mouth before I even knew he was here."

"It doesn't matter." The masked man said, "If it isn't hostile then I don't care about it... But I expect you to keep it under control, Rex."

"I'm okay, Nageki... That thing just scared the living daylights outta me!" Elis said, trying to crack a joke.

@DaReaperMan says:

"You shouldn't be so confident of that, considering that's a vast overstatement," Kentoria said immediately, tapping her sword on the ground, Lothon breathing out and turning to Elis.

"Gave you quite the scare, huh?" He said.

@azontr says:

"Y-Yeah, it did...!" She said with a light chuckle.

"You really think that thing could take all of us?" Charlotte said, raising an eyebrow.
"Well, it was more of a hyperbole," Rex said trying to be reasonable.

"although technically these things are the remnants of a star and you would need to wear down their mass to inflict permanent damage"

"It doesn't matter." The masked man said, "If it isn't hostile then I don't care about it... But I expect you to keep it under control, Rex
"Calm down boss, I think I have it under control now" he said as he scratched his ear before it shrank down to a smaller size
images

Charlotte smiled.

"Well, you certainly jumped into gear regardless, Elis. Most people would have pissed their pants seeing something like that behind them" She said, chuckling.

"You got some serious guts."
"...Well, I guess I work the best under pressure..." Elis said with an awkward chuckle before sighing.

"Let's... Get back on the mission. This is wasting time."

"Agreed."

Nageki would then start walking over to the tower, though being ready for any type of combat that may come.

Last edited:
Elis followed the masked man as he walked with his hands in his pocket, remaining silent. Though, he was clearly in thought.

"So... Have you figured out who this Nosferatu thing might be?" Elis asked, both her and the masked man navigating their way through the city. The man shook his head.

"No, I haven't. I can make a few inferences, but... Well..." The masked man seemed to be onto something, causing Elis to cross her arms and tilt her head as they walked.

"What have you found out...?" Elis asked. The masked man would sigh.

"Have you ever heard of a man named Nosferatu Zodd...?" The masked man asked, which elicited the attention of multiple on-duty soldiers.

"Zodd!? You know of him!?" One of the guards asked, pointing his spear towards the masked man's neck.

"Wh-Who is this Zodd guy, boss!?" Elis asked, clearly surprised by the number of guards that were swarming the both of them. She was both afraid and on edge, but she knew that attacking any of them would be the worst move, so she did her best to keep her cool.

"I guess I was right... He was the one who attacked that group of people you sent..." The masked man said, "Of course..."

"If you know of him, you'll tell us what you know now." The guard said, causing the masked man to simply shake his head.

"If you knew of him, then you should've been the ones telling us of his whereabouts. I've sent my crew there, we need to organize some sort of controlled explosion to lure him out... No, now that I know it's him, that may not even work..." The masked man said.

"Who is he, boss...?" Elis asked, a bead of sweat running down her face.

"A demon, obviously... And if he's here, then that means everybody on the planet is in danger. We need your help!" The masked man shouted to the soldiers, clearly being a public disturbance.

"You know that we could arrest you right now, right...?" The guard said, lowering his weapon slowly.

"And would you? Now that we know it is Zodd, then arresting me of all people would be the worst thing you could do right now. First we have Anarath, and then we have Zodd..." The masked man said, "I know of him. I've met him before, and if you help us, we can stop him before the carnage becomes a thousandfold."

Elis continued to sweat. It made sense that he may have known the armored commander they fought before, but also this immortal demon thing? What exactly was this masked man? What had he experienced in life? What did he know? She couldn't get a read on him no matter how much she tried, and that frightened her. He was like a universal enigma. She didn't know how strong he was, how fast he was, and because of that, she couldn't plan around his decisions. She couldn't find out anything about him...

"...What's your plan?" The guard asked the masked man, slowly backing away from him, and so did the other guards.

Meanwhile...

The group, as they got closer to the location they believed to be the tower, could smell the scent of blood and iron fill the air, about the same concentration they felt when they had fought the calamities before, or well, at least for the ones that were actually there. It was clear they were heading outside of the city and into another wetland area entirely, soft and squishy mud now under their feet, which was clearly stained in blood, shards of bone stabbing into their feet.

...They were getting close.

The smell of blood made Nageki up his guard as his hand gripped the hilt of his sword. His instincts were screaming at him, warning of a danger that he couldn't see. Sweat dribbled down his face as he got closer and closer to the tower, something was off and he didn't like not knowing why.

Charlotte sighed, shaking her head. She knew the smell of blood well, but that didn't make it any more pleasant to experience. Her hand subconsciously reached for her gun, gripping it tightly as it morphed into Phoebe's Fist.

"....I guess the soldier we saw was lucky...." She murmured, glancing at the bones on the ground.

From @DaReaperMan:

Kentoria narrowed her eyes, if it was a demon they'd be facing then this was about to get a lot harder, but also she wasn't sure if she could really protect Ellis even with the help from Timcanpy, while Lothon grimaced hard.

(FYI for anybody wondering, this post is operating under the assumption Kentoria and Lothon stayed with Elis and Mr. Mask, so you wouldn't respond to it lol.)

"....it will only be a matter of time until they find us" he said looking attentively everywhere, his sixth and seventh senses were sounding like an alarm in his head.

Curiously, Brownie did not have the same feeling as the others, rather he was calmly observing everything.

Phares could feel his heart racing. He was constantly looking over his shoulder like he expected something to jump out at them. Never thought I’d be going looking for a fight like this. He thought to himself.

"How do you usually go look then?..."

Asked Dean, knowing what he said by reading his mind
Hearing that his thoughts were read Phares would immediately wrap his shadow around himself. It provided him some protection against mental interference. “Honestly I would try to avoid fighting as much as possible. If I had to I would make sure I knew as much about my opponent as possible and even then I’d want to lure them into some kind of trap if possible. Also I’d ask that you kindly stay out of my head.” He responded.

The group continued to trek across the mud until they came up to a large tower composed of crimson, cracked bricks. The bricks emanated a cold, poisonous miasma, that while not actually poisonous, weighed down on them as if the thing inside was exerting pressure on them.

There was no door, but, that didn't matter, as it was clear the entrance was ethereal in nature due to the weird warp in the space around a specific part of the tower, one able to stick their hand through it as if that patch of material didn't exist at all.

Elis ran through the city with the masked man, a large attack force following behind them. "Hopefully we're not too late...!" She said as she ran.

"......" Rex looked at the warp, it reminded him of one of those shows he watched on the way here on Maskman's ship.

"Maybe it makes the inside bigger than the outside too?"

Charlotte breathed out, trembling slightly as she felt the miasma weight on her body.

"...The Soldiers really went into a place like this...?" She muttered. her respect for the injured man increased, Charlotte knowing it would take extraordinarily bravery to go this far under such conditions. She took out the sheet of paper that Rex gave her, taking out her pen as she slowly began sketching her map of the perimeter. Her Spatial Awareness allows her to easily analyze the physical structure itself, though she'd need to go inside to sketch the interior.

"....If it's magic, there's no telling what we'll find once we go in..." Charlotte sighed.

Back