• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

"I think I'm good.." Adrian said as he just watched Olorin eat.

"You've... never had a fruit salad?" Elis asked.
"Hmph... right... this job doesn't give many chances to eat, does it..." Kentoria muttered with a long sigh

"No..." Olorin responded, forking another fruit and putting it in her mouth

The Masked Man was sitting in his study, staring into one of his journals. His one revealed away was cold, steely, unmoved by Charlotte's presence in his room as he simply wrote something down in it. It was obvious he noticed her, as she could see him glance around to look at her, but he just looked back at his journal, disregarding her presence.
Charlotte fist's clenched and unclenched. She walked over to the masked man and stared down at him, her eyes hard.

".........."

"....You knew this would happen, right?" She said quietly. A swirl of emotion bubbled in her chest as she glared at the man.

"Hmph... right... this job doesn't give many chances to eat, does it..." Kentoria muttered with a long sigh

"No..." Olorin responded, forking another fruit and putting it in her mouth
"I could eat... I just don't want to." Adrian said, "I prefer to exhaust all my stamina before I go waste resources, if that makes sense..."

"Oh, well, I guess I should just start expecting my friends not to have tried common foods based on you're uh... pasts." Elis said, though she didn't remember her past or childhood, so she couldn't really relate.
Charlotte fist's clenched and unclenched. She walked over to the masked man and stared down at him, her eyes hard.

".........."

"....You knew this would happen, right?" She said quietly. A swirl of emotion bubbled in her chest as she glared at the man.
The Masked Man turned to Ryu, and then to Charlotte.

"...Be blunt, Charlotte. Why are you here?"

The Masked man would then turn to Ryu, "I'd ask the same thing of you as well, Ryu..."

"I could eat... I just don't want to." Adrian said, "I prefer to exhaust all my stamina before I go waste resources, if that makes sense..."

"Oh, well, I guess I should just start expecting my friends not to have tried common foods based on you're uh... pasts." Elis said, though she didn't remember her past or childhood, so she couldn't really relate.
"Right now our resources are plentiful, it's doubtful we'll be getting attacked by anything that won't automatically be disintegrated by something or another, so just eat, even if I have the same feelings on the matter..." Kentoria responded, shaking herself a bit

"Spar afterwards?" Kentoria asked Adrian

"Y-yeah... ha... it's... what is the word..." Olorin responded

The Masked Man turned to Ryu, and then to Charlotte.

"...Be blunt, Charlotte. Why are you here?"

The Masked man would then turn to Ryu, "I'd ask the same thing of you as well, Ryu..."
"........." Charlotte stared at the man, gritting her teeth.

"...Answer the question, bastard. Did you know he would come back for Skoupídia?!" She said. Her body began to tremble, and her hands were curled into tight fists.

Brownie was already chewing ice generated by Rex, the black beast felt that this was not enough.

"I'll probably need to take you to a place where there's a lot of metals and things one of these days" Rex said as he looked at the Brownie who chewed unwillingly on the ice

"Right now our resources are plentiful, it's doubtful we'll be getting attacked by anything that won't automatically be disintegrated by something or another, so just eat, even if I have the same feelings on the matter..." Kentoria responded, shaking herself a bit

"Spar afterwards?" Kentoria asked Adrian

"Y-yeah... ha... it's... what is the word..." Olorin responded
"...." Adrian let out a sigh, "Call it a principle thing, I guess... If you're so hung-up over it go eat something yourself. I'll follow after. And yeah, we can spar."

The Masked Man simply continued to write in his journal, "You all test my patience..." He would say to himself before closing his journal, setting the pen to the side.

"Even if I do or don't, it doesn't matter. We were defeated. How exactly is that my fault?"

"...." Adrian let out a sigh, "Call it a principle thing, I guess... If you're so hung-up over it go eat something yourself. I'll follow after. And yeah, we can spar."
"I was planning to- after you did it yourself." Kentoria responded as Olorin dug to try and find the word for what she was tasting and coming up blank

The Masked Man simply continued to write in his journal, "You all test my patience..." He would say to himself before closing his journal, setting the pen to the side.

"Even if I do or don't, it doesn't matter. We were defeated. How exactly is that my fault?"
"Don't **** with me, Boss." She growled, taking a threatening step closer.

"My ******* family was on the planet. I don't care about our last loss, I care that that son of a bitch went back after we left." She said, her voice rising.

Nageki would be elsewhere, deeper within the ship as he stared at the window. His eyes seemed to be blank, gone and devoid of the spark that it once had. There was nothing he said, and it felt like he was a statue, made out of organic material. His eyes continued to stare at the passage of time, watching as the sun moved slowly, creeping closer to the state of night with each second. There was only one thing on his mind, that continued on repeat, that he failed. He failed once again, he failed to do what he was meant to do. And yet, all he could think about was how his father would respond to that. A face of anger, a punishment onto his wrists and knees, and a stern lecture. He tried to wonder why he no longer felt anything from that, other than it would be wasting time. But, he knew already. Because in the end, all he would do is fail again. His hand curled up into a fist before relaxing. A sigh escaped his lips, but even then, he could feel his breath being shaky.

"I was planning to- after you did it yourself." Kentoria responded as Olorin dug to try and find the word for what she was tasting and coming up blank
Adrian sighed, just going over to the fridge to see what they had to eat. It was mostly some fresh fruits and vegetables that Elis had to make the salad, but, at the bottom, there was some reheatable chicken and shit like that, Adrian pulling it out and chewing into it without reheating it.

"Don't worry about it, Olorin! All that matters is that you like it!" Elis said, her shoulder nuzzling against Olorin's.

The Masked man let out a sigh to both Charlotte and Ryu, just standing up, his one eye glaring into Charlotte's.

"Use your brain, Charlotte. If I knew he was going to return, don't you think I would've told you all? Don't be an idiot, or you'll do something you regret. Sit down." The Masked Man said calmly.

The Masked man let out a sigh to both Charlotte and Ryu, just standing up, his one eye glaring into Charlotte's.

"Use your brain, Charlotte. If I knew he was going to return, don't you think I would've told you all? Don't be an idiot, or you'll do something you regret. Sit down." The Masked Man said calmly.
Charlotte stared at the man for a long moment, her lips trembling slightly as her fists unclenched and clenched continually, as if she was unsure if she wanted to attack.

".....You...you really didn't know anything about it? You...didn't know he'd return....?" Charlotte said quietly. The aggression in her voice was waning, slowly being replaced with empty despair as he stared at the man.

Adrian sighed, just going over to the fridge to see what they had to eat. It was mostly some fresh fruits and vegetables that Elis had to make the salad, but, at the bottom, there was some reheatable chicken and shit like that, Adrian pulling it out and chewing into it without reheating it.

"Don't worry about it, Olorin! All that matters is that you like it!" Elis said, her shoulder nuzzling against Olorin's.

Kentoria got some ham, lettuce, and an apple and ate those

"A-alright...!" Olorin responded, blushing and starting to really eat

After seeing that it was salad with potato chips and chicken, Rex just let things happen.

Rex began to chew the food, he added a little more salt to it than Elis normally put on it, for his part, Brownie ate and ate, until he literally devoured the dish they gave him, ate various types of food products from cereal to pork chops

Charlotte stared at the man for a long moment, her lips trembling slightly as her fists unclenched and clenched continually, as if she was unsure if she wanted to attack.

".....You...you really didn't know anything about it? You...didn't know he'd return....?" Charlotte said quietly. The aggression in her voice was waning, slowly being replaced with empty despair as he stared at the man.
"Charlotte... Exactly what merit would I gain from lying to you guys about that? Like, really, think past your grief and use your head, as I know you're a smart woman. What. Do. I. Gain?" The Masked Man asked, crossing his arms.

"Because if you need someone to place the blame on... Don't. Cope with someone else, not me."
Kentoria got some ham, lettuce, and an apple and ate those

"A-alright...!" Olorin responded, blushing and starting to really eat
Adrian swallowed the food, then just sat down as he waited for Olorin to finish eating, keeping guard even if he knew nothing could actually really get into the ship unless the GM pulled a funny, but it was clearly simply on instinct.

Elis just smiled as she watched Olorin eat, clearly happy that Olorin seemed to enjoy her food.

"Charlotte... Exactly what merit would I gain from lying to you guys about that? Like, really, think past your grief and use your head, as I know you're a smart woman. What. Do. I. Gain?" The Masked Man asked, crossing his arms.

"Because if you need someone to place the blame on... Don't. Cope with someone else, not me."

Adrian swallowed the food, then just sat down as he waited for Olorin to finish eating, keeping guard even if he knew nothing could actually really get into the ship unless the GM pulled a funny, but it was clearly simply on instinct.

Elis just smiled as she watched Olorin eat, clearly happy that Olorin seemed to enjoy her food.
Kentoria did as well, visibly on edge

"You need to eat too!" Olorin said, looking over at Elis as she ate

Charlotte stared at the man, her gaze lingering before she collapsed onto a nearby chair, her body trembling. He was right. A part of her did want to blame him. Shift the blame from anyone but herself for not rescuing her family in time. The Masked Man was shady, he was easy to demonize. She thought...she hoped...that he was the bad guy in all this...that she didn't need to feel all the guilt, all the hatred towards herself. She stared at the ground for a moment, holding back a sob.

"......." She said nothing for a few moments, before taking a shaky breath out.

"...Y...you're right." She said weakly.

"....I...I..."

"...I'm sorry..." She muttered.

Charlotte stared at the man, her gaze lingering before she collapsed onto a nearby chair, her body trembling. He was right. A part of her did want to blame him. Shift the blame from anyone but herself for not rescuing her family in time. The Masked Man was shady, he was easy to demonize. She thought...she hoped...that it was he was the bad guy in all this...that she didn't need to feel all the guilt, all the hatred towards herself. She stared at the ground for a moment, holding back a sob.

"......." She said nothing for a few moments, before taking a shaky breath out.

"...Y...you're right." She said weakly.

"....I...I..."

"...I'm sorry..." She muttered.
"Good..." The Masked Man said, going back to sit at his desk.

"Now piss off."

Charlotte closed her eyes, breathing out as she tried to steady her nerves. Slowly, she dragged herself from her seat, blinking away her own, pathetic tears as she turned away from the man. She moved towards the door with trembling legs, shame mixing in with her anger and despair as she closed the door behind her. Slowly, she began shambling back to her room, unable to stop the tears from flowing down her cheek.

"....." Ryu only went silent as he heard thr masked man's word.

"Fine, but we still need to stop the eclipse, do you have a hint how to stop it boss?" Ask Ryu.

"O-Olorin, really, just enjoy your meal...!" Elis said with a smile, placing her hand on Olorin's shoulder as she ate, shaking her head once more.
"I'm just worried... it's just..." Olorin then sighed out as she ate, clearly trying to deal with her own trauma but partly failing

(This isn't a bump just wanted to post more Charlotte shit, feel free to ignore)

Charlotte collapsed onto her bed, her fists clenched as she stared at the ceiling. She stayed silent for a long while.

".....Why...." Charlotte finally muttered.

"Why...why didn't I...take his deal...?" Charlotte muttered quietly. She hated herself. Every breath she took was a moment that Pheobe could never experience...and for what?

"...They don't care about me...none of them would bat an eye if I died..." Charlotte thought. She had sacrificed seeing her sister again to save a group of people she didn't know. She didn't even like most of them, really. And she doubted many of them even gave her a second thought. The girl screaming at her in the hallway, the masked man's casual dismissal of her very existence.

"I could've let them die...I SHOULD'VE let them die..." Charlotte thought. She grabbed her head, pulling her hair in frustration as she stared down at the floor. Why did they get to live, while Pheobe was left to rot? Why did she have to feel this way, when she could've spent the rest of her life with her sister at her side?

She didn't deserve to live, none of them deserved to live. Charlotte's thoughts spiraled downward as she rolled off of her bed, grabbing the gun she had thrown to the floor. She gripped it tightly, slowly raising it upward.

"I sacrifice..." She murmured. She raised her other hand in the air.

"....I sacrifice..." She repeated. Two words. She only needed to say those two words. They echoed in her mind. Over and over and over.

"....I should've died with her..." Charlotte murmured. She sat there for a long moment, her finger dancing around the trigger again. She knew she had done this before, she knew that dying wouldn't do anything to bring her back...but she couldn't handle this anymore. The hatred, the grief, the despair...it was too much.

As her finger neared the trigger, her thoughts drifted. Back to the talk she had earlier. The last and only moment she had felt happy since she lost everything.

"....Those two girls..." She murmured. She could damn everyone else to hell, but...not those two. She knew that, knew that she could never bring herself to make a deal that would condemn them to death. If there was any solace she could take in this...it's that she wouldn't have their blood on her hands.

She breathed in, visibly trembling as she tossed her gun to the ground again.

"I'm just worried... it's just..." Olorin then sighed out as she ate, clearly trying to deal with her own trauma but partly failing
"Well, don't be, Olorin... Trust me when I say I'll eat later, alright?" Elis said, trying her best to comfort her "friend" with a smile.
"....alright, I won't ask any question." Says Ryu

we still need to fight against it, how do we beat him? Thought Ryu
"If your really so concerned, Ryu, then go train." The Masked Man said, "We'll be leaving soon, anyway... If your so concerned, then I'm sure that there are plenty of people here willing to spar with you."

The only person in the training room at the time was Seraphina, who was simply constantly swinging her sword without direction or end, breathing heavily as multiple puddles of sweat had formed where she stood.

"Haaa... Ha..." She breathed heavily, stopping for a moment before continuing, blood dripping from her hands slowly.

Rex walked to the training room with Brownie in his small form behind him.

They were there to see if anyone wanted to fight him.

Brownie looked at Seraphina for a second, he could smell and feel each of her emotions, something that Rex himself had seen before in her and Charlotte, She just needed time.

"If the other young ladies or the black swordsman said anything bad about me, i assure, im not a bad person....well.....not like im really a goody two shoes either....but i can swear of my honor that im quite a great comrade, if you give it a chance"

Says as he walked slowly around her at a safe distance so that her swings dont reach him in any case

"I can help you improve as well if you wish, its not gonna be anything that will make you avoid training, but rather...it will unlock your potential, in order to allow you with training to become better, all up to you"

"Well, don't be, Olorin... Trust me when I say I'll eat later, alright?" Elis said, trying her best to comfort her "friend" with a smile.
"A-alright..." Olorin murmured as she reached the end of her bowl, breathing out deeply as she looked at the ground, comforted but also not feeling the greatest about it

(Had it ready but didn't send)

"I don't care about what they think of you," Seraphina said bluntly as she trained.

"Just leave me alone... I don't want your help... Haa... Hg..." She said as she grunted.

Adrian stood up as he finished eating, stretching out. "Well, now that that's over, ready to spar?" He asked Kentoria.

Back