• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Olorin smiled "your welcome!" Olorin said, opening a holographic display and hitting a few buttons quickly, teleporting both of them+Timcanpy into Elis's room on the SoC ship

"...Then I shall place the offenses of the ship at maximum to handle any possible threats here." Talandar said, doing just that while Kentoria continued training, even harder than usual as she did so, her arms beginning to bleed as well as her hands
As she kept training, Dean still observed her, interested in her way of training she does

In his room, Rex was sitting in his chair, drinking alcohol, he really needed several drinks.

Brownie was sleeping in his bed.

"I would really like the ability of how the Black Beasts ignore almost any catastrophic event like it's nothing, athough you are very young after all" he said before continuing to drink.

"So would I so I could research about the place..." Olorin murmured, also taking a seat on the bed

Kentoria eventually grew to the point where her arms and hands were completely coated in blood, Kentoria having a burst of lightheadedness from blood loss, causing her to stagger, breathing heavily

"Yeah. Speaking of which..." Elis suddenly teleported into Kentoria's training room, immediately sighing as she began healing the woman.

"Kentoria, get some rest, now. You'll kill yourself."

"I can still train." Kentoria protested, beginning to raise her sword to continue training just as Olorin walked in after Elis, completely avoiding Dean like the plague

"No, you can't. This isn't training, this is suicide..." Elis caught her sword as she lowered it, using a layered forcefield to make sure that she didn't cut herself.

"You still need to recover from our last fight... Get some rest, doctor's orders..."

"No, you can't. This isn't training, this is suicide..." Elis caught her sword as she lowered it, using a layered forcefield to make sure that she didn't cut herself.

"You still need to recover from our last fight... Get some rest, doctor's orders..."
(Kentoria isn't cutting herself she's training hard enough to literally start ripping up her arms lol)

Phares was in his room laying down. He couldn’t bring himself to care about training right now. We killed Zodd but we still lost everything we wanted to protect. His thoughts shifted to their first battle with the calamities. We saved them and then we just abandoned them. Are these risks worth it? He asks himself.

"I took no damage last fight. And when were you a doctor?" Kentoria asked, sighing as she slowly put her sword tip first on the ground, looking at Elis as her wounds began closing slowly

"You took no damage but your physically fatigued and now your actually damaging yourself. And I'm 99% sure I have more than enough medical qualifications to call myself a doctor..." Elis murmured.

"I can still train." Kentoria protested, beginning to raise her sword to continue training just as Olorin walked in after Elis, completely avoiding Dean like the plague
He took notice of that and deeply sighs to this moment, having him go to her at some distance thst isnt too close, but close enough to talk and began speaking

"I take it you are still mad from then, isnt anything that will make you forgive me little lady?"

"I can fight for longer then I've been training Elis, I feel fine." Kentoria responded, clearly still wanting to train

Olorin stepped back to even further back then Elis and Kentoria were, the ladder giving Dean a warning glance as Olorin almost hid behind her

Elis simply sighed, "Alright, Kentoria... Just don't overdo it."

Elis immediately turned to Dean and Olorin, grabbing Olorin by the hand and pulling her away from Dean, "And you need to back off, dude."

"All right." Kentoria responded, making enough room for them to be before starting to train again, but keeping her guard up and not being hyper focused on training as she usually was

Olorin nodded in response to Elis's words, not at all being comfortable with Dean around enough to really talk to him yet

"Ok...i get the idea...."

Talked slowly and low, Dean made himself a circle beneath his feet and left from there, ending up to where his usual table for drinking is, as he poured himself some with his telekinesis, while he sat down, with legs sitting on the table and leaning on the chair legs balancing himself, with the glass getti g in his hand

"I am! I'm uh... A little skeptical on what you can eat now, so give me an idea. I don't want a repeat of last time..." Elis murmured.

Charlotte stared at the ground, her mind empty. Memories drifting in and out of her brain as despair overtook her entire being.

"Same time tomorrow, alright? Let's actually scout the place before we ******* raid it next time." Charlotte shouted, waving at a few gangsters as she slowly walked through the desolate slums. They weren't friends, you didn't make friends in that line of business, but they were reliable. And to her, reliability was all she needed. She adjusted her suit, sighing as she walked the dirty streets. The sun was setting in the distance, casting long, erratic shadows.

"...Gonna need to speed things up...ain't worth it to be caught around here after dark..." She murmured. She glanced into the nearby alley, yet saw nothing but the typical junkies. Not particularly dangerous unless they had a bad trip.

"...Ought to get some of that stuff for myself..." She mused, walking past the alley, ramshackle huts, and rotting buildings lining either side. She idly kicked a can across the ground, the plastic bouncing along the ground before falling into a hole in the street. Looking around, she saw that a nearby store was still open, a small lantern vaguely illuminated the broken window. The shelves themselves were haphazardly put together, various canned and preserved foods placed on top of them and around the floor. Slowly she stepped into the door frame, the door itself having long since broken to pieces.

"Oi, Steve. You still alive?" Charlotte called out. Taking a step into the building.

"Your late." A voice rang from a darkened corner of the room. A middle-aged man shuffled into view, his chipped cane clacking against the ground as he walked up to her.

"...The last job took longer than expected, the family put up more resistance than we thought..." Charlotte said. Her voice was slightly cold as she leaned against one of the shelves.

"Excuses, excuses. You telling me it takes that long to kill a few old-timers and their brats?" The man muttered, he shuffled through the store, eventually going up to one of the shelves.

"....That Old-Timer used to be one of the lead enforcers of a rival gang. Don't forget that." Charlotte said bluntly, sighing as she stood up.

"Bah. I would've cleared them out in 5 minutes flat back in my day." Steve said.

"...I bet you would've, you old fox..." Charlotte said, chuckling a bit. She stood up, grabbing a cigarette from her pocket.

"...Today is the day. You got what I need?" Charlotte said, glancing at Steve.

"Yes Yes...it was a real pain in the ass to get my hands on, so you better be grateful..." Steve grumbled. He walked into one of the storerooms, the broken floorboards creaking with his movements. Eventually, he returned with a small, white bag.

Charlotte grabbed the bag from Steve, slowly picking through the dirty plastic until she found it. Inside...was several pieces of fruit. Not canned or preserved, but actual, honest to god fresh fruit. It wasn't even rotten. A little mushy, but hardly noticeable compared to the stuff typically consumed in the slums.

Charlotte glanced into the bag, her eyes widening as a small smile flashed across her face.

"...How the hell did you get your hands on this...?" Charlotte muttered, visibly amazed. The last time she had seen fresh fruit was back when she was a child. She had requested Steve find any fresh food he could, but he didn't think the man would come through like...this.

Steve chuckled, his face beaming with pride.

"...heh, apparently an empire ship crashed here a few days ago. It was mostly picked clean by the time I got there but..." He said. He shrugged.

"...Their was a mini-fridge that was missed somehow. Lucky you." He said.

Charlotte smiled, reaching out and embracing Steve with one arm.

"I owe you for this, old man." Charlotte said, a wide grin on her face.

"...Well, if that's the case. Why don't you put in a good word for me to the boss? Have him cut my protection payments a bit. I ain't made of money." Steve said. He smiled, though there was a certain desperation in his words.

Charlotte chuckled, patting the man on the back.

"I'll see what I can do Steve. See you around." She said. She stepped away from the man, heading through the doorway and into the darkened streets.

"Oi, tell your father that we're on for cards tomorrow! I'm gonna win back all the money he took from last time!" Steve said, chuckling as he waved at the women.

Charlotte laughed, waving at the man before slowly traveling through the town again. She weaved through various shacks, avoiding the places where she was likely to be mugged as she traveled through the town. She purposely looked ahead, not paying attention to the young women who had collapsed on the side of the road. Whether it was because of Overdosing or simply being too weak to move anymore, Charlotte wasn't sure. She stepped over the women, looking around before taking a left onto a different path

Eventually, she came to her house. Or rather, the small shack she called home. Broken, rotting wood supported by thin, rusted metal. The place looked like it could've collapsed at any moment. Slowly, she walked up to the door, the hinges creaking loudly.

"....Oi!" She yelled into the small room, the floor creaking as she took a step inside. It was a small shack, barely enough room for a single person, much less three.

The next moment, a woman jumped from a corner of the room, tackling her and hugging her tightly

"Big Sis!" a soft voice said. Their messy black her strown all about as she excitedly bounced on her toes.

"Oi Oi, quit clinging to me, you little brat!" Charlotte said, laughing as she ruffled the young women's hair.

"Ay, who you calling brat you old hag!" The girl said, she looked up at Charlotte, a wide smile on her face.

"Eh? So I'm a hag huh?" Charlotte laughed. She lifted the girl in the air shaking her slightly.

"Then guess this...old hag, will keep this gift for herself!" She said, chuckling.

The girl pouted, her slender nose crinkling as she hit Charlotte playfully on the soldier.

"Nooooo! I want the gift, gimme the gift!" She yelled loudly, continuing to pound her fists against Charlotte's soldiers.

"...alright alright, why don't you bring the table out, alright?" Charlotte asked, chuckling as she put the girl down. Immediately, the girl beelined to the side of the room, grabbing a shaky, cracked slab of wood and slowly dragging it to the center of the room. She bounced up again, excitedly staring at Charlotte as a wide grin flashed on her face.

"...Let me see it let me see it!" The girl said.

"Alright...but, you have to promise me to make it last, alright?" Charlotte said.

"I promise I promise!" The girl shouted, her excitement bubbling over.

Charlotte smiled, slowly, she opened the bag, dumping its contents on the wood. Inside...were two, fresh apples. The skin shone in the lantern light as the fruit rolled forward, eventually stopping in front of the young woman.

The girl said nothing for a moment, her eyes growing wide in astonishment.

"...how....how did you.....?" She said softly, staring up at Charlotte.

Charlotte smiled.

"Don't worry about it, alright? Just dig in! their both yours!" Charlotte said, patting her on the back.

"....Both...?" The girl muttered. Her eyes were wide with excitement as she slowly grasped one of the apples.

"But...what about you...? Don't you want some...?" The girl asked, looking up at Charlotte.

"Don't worry about it! I had one on the way here...." Charlotte said. It was a lie, of course. Just getting two apples was a miracle enough, she wouldn't waste it on herself.

The girl nodded excitedly. Beginning to greedily dig into the apple. The skin crunched loudly as she bit into the sweet fruit. Her eye's watered with delight and happiness as she savored the flavor in her mouth.

"...Thank...you Sis..." The girl said quietly, she looked up at the women, tears flowing down her eyes as she placed the apple back on the table, wrapping Charlotte into another hug.

Charlotte smiled, slowly stroking the girl's head.

"...Happy Birthday...Pheobe..." She said softly. They stayed like that for a long time, simply embracing each other.

"Hey Sis....?" Pheobe asked, looking up at Charlotte.

"..What's up, kid?" She said, slowly pushing her away to get a better look at her.

"...Once we....once we leave. Will we still be able to eat food like this...?" She asked quietly, staring up at her.

"...You kidding? There are some places where these things are as common as dirt!" Charlotte said, a wide smile on her face.

"...And that ain't all. Once we leave, I'll give you all the fruit you can ask for. Not that canned crap. But real, actual fruit. Just like that..." Charlotte said.

Phoebe remained silent for a moment, a wide smile creeping on her face as she wrapped her arms around Charlotte's neck.

"...I can't wait..." She said, tears of joy streaming down her face.

"Oi Oi, quit your crying, alright? We still got a long way's to go before we can leave this dump..." Charlotte said. She sighed, patting the girl on the head.

"...I know, I know sis! I'm...." Phoebe hesitated, hugging Charlotte tighter.

"...I'm just...so excited...to see the stars with you, sis." She murmured, burying her face into her chest.

Charlotte said nothing for a few moments, simply rubbing her hand across her hair.

"....I am to..." She said softly.

Charlotte continued to stare at the ground, another soft sob sounding from her voice.

"...If only I had taken her with me...." She murmured. She grabbed her head with her hands, pulling on her hair.

"...I...I don't deserve to be alive. N..not...." She murmured.

"...N-not when I left her to die...."

She closed her eyes. Slowly, she reached a trembling hand into her pocket, grasping at her gun. She slowly pulled it out, the barrel shacking haphazardly in her hand as she lifted it upward. She stared at the gun for a moment, her eyes looking down the barrel. Her fingers slowly moved until her thumb was hovering inches away from the trigger.

"...I guess we can still...see the stars together..." She murmured.

She stayed like this for a long while. Gazing at the gun as, her finger simply danced around the trigger, as if she was working up the nerve to fire it. It would be all too easy to simply pull the trigger. Just one press, and she could see Pheobe again.

And yet....

Charlotte breathed out heavily, tossing the gun across the room before putting her head in her hands.

Rex walked slowly out of his room, he had finished cleaning his entire body and getting the dust and alcohol out of his system, now, he was just hungry, he went to the ship's fridge and made himself a sandwich before he realized something.

"mmmm, what are you searching?" he murmured

"Gotta get to their good side somehow....i need good relations with mortals...especially some like them with those talents...."

Says to himself as he took a little sip from his drink

"A-Agh..."

Seraphina collapsed to her knees after around 2 hours of swinging her sword, coughing and breathing heavily as Adrian trained next to her. Blood was soaking his armor from the inside out, wounds he thought had long closed beginning to open up, but he really didn't care. He'd been through worse, and he couldn't afford to fall behind...

"Kid, you need to stop," Adrian said as he finally stopped swinging Dragon Slayer, going over to help Seraphina up as Kirby tried healing them both.

"He's right, yknow!" Kirby said, "You can't go killing yourself now..."

"I can keep going..." Seraphina said as she pushed herself away from Adrian, trying to continue swinging her sword, but she physically was unable to. The girl was far too petite to continuously swing a weapon she could barely lift. To add to that, she was previously severely malnourished and hadn't gained back enough weight for safe movement, which was why she was still in the hospital before Zodd kidnapped her again.

"A-Agh!- Haaa... Haaa..." Seraphina breathed heavily as she fell to the ground, letting go of her blade and writhing in pain.

"Kid...!" Adrian went over to pick her up, immediately hearing her heart beating extremely fast along with her labored breath. "Asthma attack..."

"I can... Keep going..." Seraphina muttered as Adrian sighed and carried her out of the training room, Seraphina continuing to writhe in pain and discomfort.

"Can't catch a break, can I...?" Adrian thought to himself as he simply sighed.

(Feel free to ignore this if you want to, I'm just bored.)

Adrian set Seraphina down on a bed in one of the rooms, simply sighing as he helped the girl drink some water, her writhing slowly ceasing as she then just sofly breathed, Adrian sighing.

"You can't push yourself like that, kid. How old even are you?" Adrian asked as Seraphina turned away from him, simply remaining silent for a few minutes as her breathing gradually slowed down, her condition improving.

"....15... I'm 15...." Seraphina whispered around 3 minutes later.

Adrian sighed, "Then yeah, you shouldn't be pushing yourself this hard... Start off slow, and gradually build up. You'll kill yourself at this rate, especially with your fragile build. And with practically no foundation, even with talent, it'll take you far longer than usual to reach your goals."

Adrian acknowledged that the girl had immense talent. As soon as she picked up the large sword, he'd figured it out. The way she twisted her hips, the way she stepped, and how she immediately figured out how to use the blade's weight to properly swing it, he analyzed all of it. That much allowed him to see that she had possessed immense potential to be able to get a handle on the basics without even trying... Or well, some of the basics. She knew how to swing her sword, but there was no foundation or technique to it. And no matter how much talent she had, it'd take her years before she ever grasped that technique.

"I know that much..." Seraphina murmured as she squirmed in her bed, heaving a heavy sigh. She knew it, but it didn't matter. She had to get stronger. She needed to. "But to get my revenge, I need to..." She murmured.

"Revenge, huh..." Adrian thought to himself, immediately understanding her feeling. He'd felt it himself, after all, the need for revenge still burned deep within him, and it'd never go away until Anarath lay dead at his feet.

Adrian got up and turned around to leave. "Get some rest, kid." Adrian left the room, not planning to say more. She'd chosen her path, just as he chose hers. He had no right to get in the way of her hunt.
"P-pretty much anything if I didn't screw up..." Olorin murmured in response,
"Awesome...! Is there anything you'd wanna eat? I can make pretty much anything at this point so long as I read the recipe." Elis said with a smile, eager to make something for Olorin, though it was clear she was doing this to push her negative thoughts to the back of her head.

"Awesome...! Is there anything you'd wanna eat? I can make pretty much anything at this point so long as I read the recipe." Elis said with a smile, eager to make something for Olorin, though it was clear she was doing this to push her negative thoughts to the back of her head.
"I didn't... eat a lot of dynamic things..." Olorin murmured as she shook herself, pushing her own negative thoughts back as well

"Well... We'll figure something out! W-Wanna gather everyone else with me? I'm sure their hungry after all that happened...! Except Kentoria and Adrian, their probably training or something..." Elis murmured.

Brownie got out of bed and stretched each of his little legs, he walked slowly out of the room, chewing the oxygen and air, it was little but he wasn't sure it was a good idea to eat the walls of the ship to satisfy his hunger .

Entering between rooms looking for something fun to do, he found himself where Adrian is but it wasn't like he was looking for the man, he really had no idea how to really move on this ship, after all, he just followed Rex and this was the first time he was here, he was unaware of everything and he looked at the areas like a small child looking at a attractions

Brownie got out of bed and stretched each of his little legs, he walked slowly out of the room, chewing the oxygen and air, it was little but he wasn't sure it was a good idea to eat the walls of the ship to satisfy his hunger .

Entering between rooms looking for something fun to do, he found himself where Adrian is but it wasn't like he was looking for the man, he really had no idea how to really move on this ship, after all, he just followed Rex and this was the first time he was here, he was unaware of everything and he looked at the areas like a small child looking at a attractions
Adrian closed the door to Seraphina's room and then turned to Brownie, indifferent to the thing. It wasn't a calamity or a demon, so he felt no need to kill it, but he also didn't find a real need to interact with the thing, simply shrugging and turning around to walk away back to the training room.

"Well... We'll figure something out! W-Wanna gather everyone else with me? I'm sure their hungry after all that happened...! Except Kentoria and Adrian, their probably training or something..." Elis murmured.
"I don't know... I honestly don't really feel comfortable around many of the fellow members yet..." Olorin murmured in response

Brownie looked at the man for a second and then bowed his head, he really hated not being able to speak, but he hated more not knowing where he was really going because that was part of what led him to be in this situation, he lacks a guide.

Walking in the opposite direction, the black beast, in his small form, since he did not want to hit the ground with his weight and size, continued to venture into the ship.

"I don't know... I honestly don't really feel comfortable around many of the fellow members yet..." Olorin murmured in response
"Well, you should get to know them! They're all really good people, I assure you." Elis said with a smile, "But if your not comfortable, we can just... uh... eat together if that's what you want."

"Well, you should get to know them! They're all really good people, I assure you." Elis said with a smile, "But if your not comfortable, we can just... uh... eat together if that's what you want."
"I can get to know them, but... I'm just not the most comfortable in groups of people." Olorin responded, clearly wantingt to eat with Elis but willing to go with whatever Elis wanted

Elis smiled, "Alright!... Let's go see what Rex is up to, then. After that, we can check on Charlotte..." Elis murmured, worried about Charlotte's current condition as she then gently pulled Olorin to wherever Rex was.

Kentoria sighed, slowly walking out of the training room as she was getting her gauntlets off in order to examine what injuries she had left just as she accidentally bumped into Adrian "sorry." Kentoria said, bowing her head a bit

Back