• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Staring Contest! (Fluttershy vs Pontiff Sulyvahn)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Look into my eyes and experience...

Madness and mutation : 0
True Fear : 7
Dry eyes : 0

Fluttershy is bloodlusted
Low 6-B versions used
Fight takes place in the Central Irithyll bridge, 1 meter apart
Speed equalized

Fluttershy gets invited on a routine check-up by Sulyvahn to see if his beasts are healthy. On the way, the pontiff accidentally insults her rabbit. Cue "What did you say about my hair rabbit".

Last edited:
So MLP scales to pretty much stomping something with higher ap than what Dark Souls has, so if she gets some hits in then she wins pretty easily. I'm not sure if pontiff's power refers only to his rings or if they count for his actual eyes. Plus we see the beast Pontiff makes in game they still keep their original goals and are still sapient as they keep their spiritual beliefs and follow them. So even if Fluttershy turns into a beast she'll likely just attack Pontiff anyways and destroy him with her pretty massive ap advantage.

So MLP scales to pretty much stomping something with higher ap than what Dark Souls has, so if she gets some hits in then she wins pretty easily. I'm not sure if pontiff's power refers only to his rings or if they count for his actual eyes. Plus we see the beast Pontiff makes in game they still keep their original goals and are still sapient as they keep their spiritual beliefs and follow them. So even if Fluttershy turns into a beast she'll likely just attack Pontiff anyways and destroy him with her pretty massive ap advantage.
Well if you want to make things worse, bloodlusted Fluttershy starts by using The Stare, her signature move which inflicts great fear on whoever is staring at her back (This also allows her to force them to do what she says). She was able to convince a cockatrice to unpetrify her meaning that as long as her eyes are still there, it still works and uh, doesn't the Sulyvahn's Beast have 6 eyes?

Anyway assuming the mutation always results in a Sulyvan's Beast, she would be unable to fly and would be in great pain, possibly distracting her from completely staring down Sulyvan who now knows not to look at her in the eye. He also has fire and ice attacks so at least he has a way to bypass durability and fighting an animalistic beast that he's familiar with is always easier than fighting a sapient flying horse

Oh, why is the stare not linked to anything on her profile, I missed it like a dozen times because that really needs to be worded vastly differently.

He has never fought the beast. They work for him, and they can survive fire attacks as powerful as Pontiff uses. Considering how badly the beast wreck the ashen one, the guy that can defeat Pontiff (and the guy that has like 40 other advantages over both Pontiff and the beast), Fluttershy as a beast is equally likely to kill Pontiff as regular Fluttershy is. To add onto that the descriptions themselves say Pontiff is very wary of the transformation, so the beast can clearly threaten him.

Last edited:
Oh, why is the stare not linked to anything on her profile, I missed it like a dozen times because that really needs to be worded vastly differently.

There you go. Oh and don't worry, there's no indication in-universe that getting turned to stone hurts in any way. On the other hand, Sulyvahn's beasts are in constant pain and agony
He has never fought the beast. They work for him, and they can survive fire attacks as powerful as Pontiff uses.
Wait what? I thought they were susceptible to fire damage. At least that's what I saw in the wiki
To add onto that the descriptions themselves say Pontiff is very wary of the transformation, so the beast can clearly threaten him.
At the very least he's knowledgeable on them so it's still better than fighting completely blind (heh heh) and even then, I think the stare doesn't work on mindless enemies so Pontiff's clone should be safe

They are, but they still survive dark souls fire attacks. The reason fire on this wiki is now so broken is because surviving it is entirely temperature related. While the beast are weaker to fire than other creatures, they can still survive fire hot enough to melt granite into lava. So Pontiff’s fire isn’t going to be a big advantage. Pontiff only brings out his clone during the second phase of the fight, which he’ll already be dead because Flutter practically one shots him with the ap she has.

They are, but they still survive dark souls fire attacks. The reason fire on this wiki is now so broken is because surviving it is entirely temperature related. While the beast are weaker to fire than other creatures, they can still survive fire hot enough to melt granite into lava. So Pontiff’s fire isn’t going to be a big advantage.
They are also vulnerable to ice so there's that and as I said, he'd probably know this stuff
Pontiff only brings out his clone during the second phase of the fight, which he’ll already be dead because Flutter practically one shots him with the ap she has.
Then again, this is a particularly dangerous enemy so maybe he might summon the clones out of desperation (Which I assume is what he felt once hurt enough) and if that clone gets one-shot, he'll know to be even more wary and only fight via them

I mean, you did say he is aware of the danger his beasts possess

Again, vulnerable to dark souls ice. They can still survive it, they are just more vulnerable to it. Pontiff doesn’t gain a massive advantage due to that. The ashen one even as a pure pyromancer still gets completely wrecked by the beast.

The difference between the regular beast and Flutter is that she has the ap to wipe the floor with Pontiff. I already think a single canon regular beast would be an immense challenge for him, much less one that can make him terrified with a glance and has the ap to practically one shot.

The difference between the regular beast and Flutter is that she has the ap to wipe the floor with Pontiff. I already think a single canon regular beast would be an immense challenge for him, much less one that can make him terrified with a glance and has the ap to practically one shot.
Yeah and he has a way to figure out that he can get one-shot and might end up playing it safe via clones (In fact he might decide to immediately use clones once he realizes that he shouldn't stare) but okay I guess. Assuming this is still viable, I'll count your vote to Fluttershy

Sorry for not responding earlier my schedule is terrible right now. Just know I am voting Fluttershy (as much as I dislike saying it since I don’t necessarily like MLP, but dark souls ap is doodoo so oh well).

And just to get this concluded

Flitterfloosh FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back