• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends - Episode II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@soldier I'm not being mean, bit I already knew all that, and I'm sure u also know, but only two of the duelist I mentioned don't know all the forms out there. The rock paper scissors thing doesn't apply unless u are anakin, obi, and dooku if he's being cocky. All other characters, dooku included can instantly change Styles and forms and beat almost any foe who isn't just plain old too fast and strong for them

Shadowbokunohero said:
How is Star Wars doing in India atm? like word of mouth wise, because like China India is one of the markets where Star Wars tends to struggle to break through, so im wondering if the series is building a good or bad reputation there.
It's doing okay. People here in my age group or older are generally not paying attention to the toxic douchebags or are completely ignorant of them.

The books and comics also appear to be doing well.

On Amazon India, you can see that the Star Wars books and comics have good to great reviews.

People are generally positive about Star Wars here. I remember that at the end of TFA, Rogue One, TLJ, even Solo, people in the audience applauded.

The only negativity I see from the younger generation (20 and below) is about the fandom, not the franchise itself. A cousin of mine was actually reluctant to get into Star Wars because of how toxic he deemed the fandom to be.

That's great to hear. And yeah, it's mainly Twitter and YouTube comments where the fanbase has been horrible. A lot of my friends I see in person are still good.

the fandom can be nazi like that is for sure. But the internet can give the make small groups of epople far more powerful then thier really are and far more widespread. Toxicity is also a key one so is unpopular opinions on popular subjects. India is massive. But in general them parks books movies comics and toys are not doing well in general I am not taking about specific counties. Here just in general people as well as other things

The Last Jedi has Excellent Visuals Computer Generated Images Practical Effects Aliens Weapons Starships Vehicles Music Customs, But the Dialogue is horrible Mamma Jokes a horrible though out chase plot and the reasons for it. Luke drinking sea cow milk canto bright.Lack of captain phasma know being killed off. We need to save the animals. Roses last lines.Hyperpsace ramming think of death star and starkiller base. Ships having thier engines turned off and falling without a gravity well the Bombers ackbar killed off.

I mean, some people did complain that they make Luke Skywalker look like a bad guy throughout the movie; something even Mark Hamill hated. This includes him just saying, "Get our of my sight" through out most of the movie. Or even the thought that he was tempted to kill his own student. It was good for story telling, but I at least consider that a reasonable complaint. One thing I also really liked about Last Jedi is Chewbacca's growing relationship with the Porgs. I have mixed thoughts about Leia using the force. At first glance, it seemed like a plot hole, but considering what happened to Carrie Fisher, we don't really have a right to complain.

Okey I forgot about space liea even though in real life spending more than 1 minute without a helmet in space is deadly and she would have been killed by the acceleration alone. Still starships falling backward and thier engines turning off for one real reason is wired. ture bombers in space and turbolasers arcing. hyperspace ramming

but in the fandom you either have to hate or or think it's a masterpiece

ive gotten a reputation for defending the film but it's not like i cant criticize it lol, i have just never gotten the opportunity to just talk about the stuff i dislike in a good discussion with out people either jumping on the bandwagon or the other side ganking you.

In terms of sheer firepower, which is greater; the Falcon or a TIE Brute?

ByAsura said:
In terms of sheer firepower, which is greater; the Falcon or a TIE Brute?
The TIE Brute has only the one H-s9.3 twin laser cannon. They are not specifically stated to be heavy laser cannons, but seeing as how the TIE Brute is classed as a heavy starfighter, it's safe to assume that the H-s9.3 is either a medium or heavy laser cannon.

The Falcon under Lando had two single heavy laser cannons which appear to be in the same league of power as the TIE Brute's (based on what I saw in the Lando - Double or Nothing comics and based on their classification). However, they can face in various directions and give the Falcon a full 360 degree sphere of fire. The Lando Falcon has better weapons placement. But in terms of raw power, it's probably in the same league as a TIE Brute.

The Falcon under Han has two AG-2G quad laser cannons, which a Death Star technician stated were military gunship grade in the From a Certain point of View novel, and which I imagine are at least as powerful as or more so than the RM-76 cannons on the Lando Falcon. Furthermore, the Han Falcon can be equipped with concussion missiles and even anti-capital proton warheads.

Han Falcon > Lando Falcon = TIE Brute

Ok, thank you. Now to get into why I brought this up.

According to this canon manual, the H-s9.3 is nearly twice as powerful as the standard L-s1 on a regular TIE Fighter. So I was thinking the Millennium Falcon and similar ships could be upgraded to At least Town level+, likely Large Town level given that regular TIEs are scaled to a 67.835 kiloton feat.

What do you think?

ByAsura said:
What do you think?
It's funny that you should bring this up right now. I think there is a High 7-C feat for the laser cannons of the U-wing. So that'd help provide some extra evidence to back up High 7-C heavy starfighter laser cannons.

That's good. I suppose a crt could be made in the future.

What's the feat, by the way?

ByAsura said:
What's the feat, by the way?
In the second issue of the comic series Vader - Dark Visions we see an Exogorth being rammed by an ISD at full speed. The Exogorth actually takes the impact (albeit is injured). ISDs have High 7-C level KE (328 to 352 Kilotons) at top atmospheric speed. So the Exogorth must have that kind of durability, right?

We see a Rebel U-wing outright blast through the Exogorth's hide from the inside with a single salvo from its KX7 laser cannons.

By the way, Exogorths are stated to be a threat to large starships. They are known to attack and devour them. They can also grow to the size of capital ships.

anybody here read the new vader comic chapter? looking good. we got a new jango fett/ grieveous in our hands. he gonna either get insta reck, or actually somehow beat vader (prety much how all comics of this nature end up at tbh).

Shadowbokunohero said:
Season 2 looks like it's going to be a blast. I can't believe they're bringing Kylo Ren into this.

Also,

Sidon Ithano means we could see Kix.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
anybody here read the new vader comic chapter? looking good. we got a new jango fett/ grieveous in our hands.
Yes. It was awesome.

And the Fett/Grievous character is Beilert Valance. He originally debuted in the old cheesy Marvel Star Wars comics from the early 1980s.

And I think it's obvious he's going to die. Nobody ***** with Vader and lives.

And I think it's also obvious who the informant on Valance's team is.

ByAsura said:
I went and re-read that issue last night, because I could have sworn the ISD also shot its way out of the Exogorth's mouth.

It looks like the Exogorth withstood the initial impact with severe injuries, but was torn apart when the ISD once again powered forward.

ByAsura said:
Still, It doesn't seem to be a Large Town level feat.
Agreed. Best to forget about it, then.

But it should still be a solid Tier 7 feat. Perhaps well into Town level. It also means a Tier 7 AP feat for the U-wing's laser cannons.

How was it killed, by the way? Disintegrating a 900-meter long worm could be a good feat.

Shadowbokunohero said:
Finally caught up with Doctor Aphra and latest arc is fire
Yeah, it is. The Accresker jail arc was the low-point of the series for me. But after that, it has really improved again.

Soldier Blue said:
To be fair: She didn't fight Vader or try to murder him with a team of hired guns. She just trolled him and tattled on his plans to Papa Palpatine.
TBF She has a good track record surviving from him though, i think in the upcoming issue it will be her third time

I mean, if Vader wanted to kill anybody, all he has to do is know where they are at. He constantly kills people across the galaxy lol she answers the phone "who this?" "death, fool yeet" and dies

heard about that earlier today. i assume yall know that the resistence show is cancelled? i heard about that too, but im not actually sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back