• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In the page for Star Quakes, it is noted to be "potentially Solar System level (if it was a magnitude of 32 on the Richter scale, it should have been equivalent to 6.3×1052 Joules in total)", which is 630 MegaFoe. However, the GBE for a neutron star is faaaaaaaaaaaar lower than that, only roughly 341.55 Foe.

The source of the Magnitude 32 information is literally just "I once calculated the strength of such a starquake, and it would register as magnitude 32 on the Richter scale", and on top of that, a little while later it says "In one-tenth of a second the subsequent blast released something like 2 times 10^46 ergs of energy -- equal to about 50 trillion times the Sun's output during that same period," which is actually consistent with the other High 5-A value we already have for starquakes.

I'm not sure if we should take this Magnitude statement seriously, so I want to hear from anyone else willing to check for themselves. If we come to agreement this could be a possible removal of the 4-B tier of starquakes.

Actually, looking back at the page about Black Hole Collision events, two black holes colliding only emit 3.2e49 joules per second, or 320 KiloFoe. That means this 4-B rating for the star quake is not only massively beyond a neutron star's GBE, but it's supposedly nearly 2,000 times more powerful than two black holes colliding.

At first I was iffy, but now I'm 99% percent sure that we can't take this Magnitude 32 seriously. I'll just go ahead and edit the profile.

You should normally check with some calc group members before making these types of edits.

Back