• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stand VS Shining (Concluded)

Diavolo (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) VS Danny Torrance (Doctor Sleep)

Speed Equalized

Diavolo:

Danny:

Inconclusive: 6 (Daddybrawl, Veryfunnydidlaugh, Ican'tthinkof1goodname, GreyFang82, Popted2 Oleggator)

Last edited:
Diavolo is very good at spamming his powers, he almost always just erases time and kill straight away.
Can Torrence’s [The Shining] do anything?

Torrence has thought-based Sealing according to the Profile, which works on Spirits (so Stands?) and other supernatural people. Not sure how good it is, but Diavolo doesn’t really resist Sealing. He also seems to be able to summon Spirits to fight for him, who’ll attack whoever has the most psychic energy- and both Diavolo and Torrence have that, so I’m not sure what’d happen.

I mean would the sealing even work in erased time? Presumably, no since nothing else works and his sealing would be erased.
So donut gg.

I forget, is the TE Thought-Based? Profile says the Sealing’s the most used ability in the entire movie, meaning he probably starts with it. If they both start with Thought-Based Wincons this is probably Inconclusive, it’s a Who-Shoots-First.

Yeah pretty much.
He doesn’t even start with knowledge about Diavolo even having KC, so he won’t know to seal the stand right away.

Didn’t the Hallway Hand things literally tear apart Cheap Trick/KQ? Didn’t Ghost Girl acknowledge KQ’s existence at the end? I don’t recall entirely, but I could’ve sworn that happened.

So this is a who-think-first situation, especially since Diavolo cannot actually kill Danny while in Erased Time.
This is essentially ’Does KC Erase behind Danny and Donut, or does Danny think first and trap Diavolo in a box?’
Incon for sure.

I'm not sure how erasing the sealing would work. Does it only last less than ten seconds? Otherwise, the second the timeskip runs out, Diavolo should get sealed anyway, right?

I mean Dan wouldn’t know what to deal until KC is activated/revealed.
By then time would likely be skipped and he would die.

Maybe, I'm just arguing against KC somehow being able to avoid an ability such as that. Though, Diavolo wouldn't necessarily immediately go for a timeskip/donut on someone who looks like a normal dude with no Stand, though he'd definitely kill him.

The Sealing is thought-based. You’d have to argue Diavolo can still Time Skip when his Stand is not really there anymore. Since he needs his Stand to Time Skip, this is incon- either Diavolo donuts or they both get trapped.

So here's my thoughts.

Danny has to have the chance to see the Stand before he can have the chance to seal it. This is basically why he could seal Highway to Hell, because he had a chance to seal it before Thunder could commit suicide.

This all depends on the starting distance. If they start pretty far away (far enough that Diavolo needs to close the gap) Danny might be able try to possess Diavolo but if that's the case King Crimson will erase time causing him to appear and get closer. If this is the case then it's inconclusive because Danny can see King Crimson and then it becomes who thinks first... unless KC is on cooldown in which Danny seals gg.

If they start close to each other then: When Diavolo summons KC it will once again be inconclusive since it's who thinks first. Unless he pulls an Abbacchio and kills him the moment he summon KC for a sneak attack... which iirc is not common for him to do when someone is staring him down.

So I see 2 Incon, 1 Win for Danny and 1 Win for Diavolo. I vote Inconclusive.

Back