• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Staff demotions...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
I have debated with myself for the last couple of months on whether or not I should make this thread, and I fear that if I do not bring this issue up at this moment it will sink back down into the murky depths of indecisiveness.

As you all know, VSBW Wiki has a rule that if a staff member becomes entirely inactive for a period of three months (I believe at least), they get demoted.

Now, by no means am I suggesting that this site should be as strict, considering our more lax attitude towards regulation in general, but there should definitely be some sort of restriction.

I mean, really, an administrator and a moderator have both been completely inactive for over a year and over three months respectively. I cannot speak for everyone, but I believe that raises more than enough of a red flag for us to do something.

Highlighting this again because I think it's that important.

Both have gone inactive and given no reason as to why, I think its fair to demote them

I don't know about Maxwell, but Realist has been incredibly busy IRL and lost access to his account a few times. I'll try messaging him to see if he's coming back. All the long running admins have had long periods of absence before then coming back, such as Copetan or Voodoo.

We can always promote them if they come back

Yes, but as much as they have been gone, at the very least they responded when we needed them. Realist and Maxwell, well, I'm fairly certain they won't respond if we just message them on their walls.

Nonetheless, this thread is less about specific names and more about the general idea. I'm just throwing out there a general outline, the rest will of course need to be case-by-case.

Have they even given reasons as to why the went away?

As far as I know, Maxwell completely disappeared after his last blog post. We could try to ask other people that knew him for details...if they hadn't all gone silent as well (or, in the case Alex...ugh, yeah, let's not go there).

Goosethehonker said:
Wait? Is it goodbye to Super Saiyan God Julian? This is sad for me because Julian was a good admin.
If he doesn't post here again soon, then maybe.

That being said, I've been told that he is still lurking around here.

Super Saiyan God Julian is a lurker like me. And he's one of our best admins.

Also people have to remember JBW isn't that active of a site. Nowhere even remotely close to as active as VS is. Staff being less active or not doing as much since there isn't as much that's needed of them is to be expected. We shouldn't have activity be put on the same standards as a ridiculously bigger, more active and more needy site.

Especially since me and Rodri are active enough to fill the roles of 4 Admins

Just messaged Realist. He's fine with being demoted. I'll do so and hopefully Copetan could add a "Retired Admin" tag on him. As for Julian I still really, really disagree with him being demoted. And in general I disagree with the idea of expecting staff to be really active.

Professor Voodoo said:
I do stuff....occasionally....just video gaming's been eating up a lot of my time qwq
I completely understand. That's why I'm saying that we should be lax on admins not being too active.

Sound of Infinity said:
About Julian, remember that he's a staff of VSBW. He'll have a lot of work there.
This too

Ryukama said:
Just messaged Realist. He's fine with being demoted. I'll do so and hopefully Copetan could add a "Retired Admin" tag on him. As for Julian I still really, really disagree with him being demoted. And in general I disagree with the idea of expecting staff to be really active.
Preferably, that should be added to both Ever's and Alex's profiles as well, for Retired Administrator and Retired Discussion Moderator respectively. In spite of the...unpleasant circumstances of their blocks, they still deserve it.

Preferably, that should be added to both Ever's and Alex's profiles as well, for Retired Administrator and Retired Discussion Moderator respectively. In spite of the...unpleasant circumstances of their blocks, they still deserve it.

Ever did something worse than Alex.

@ Max

No need to discuss it, it's done and buried. This is just for consistencies' sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back