• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Staff Demotions...again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
Note: If you are not part of the Joke Battles Wiki staff, please do not reply to this thread!

Right, much as I hate to do this again, it's been a long time coming. We currently have two completely inactive staff members that most other regular users and staff have agreed should be demoted.

MaxwelFISH, Content Mod. Hasn't been regularly active for over 7 months now.

Super Saiyan God Julia, Admin. Hasn't been active at all for over 6 months.

This thread should also preferably be used to discuss how our standards for demoting based on decreased activity should be. I know we're not as strict as VS, and obviously I don't think we should be, but there should be some sort of restriction on how long people can disappear for.

hmmmm i think 9 months could be a good standard maybe? Idk if its too leniant but...yeah. We could also message them to see if they will respond and ask about their activity

I dunno about Maxwel (Alex apparently got a response outta him), but Julian has already been messaged numerous times by multiple people. I don't think he's coming back.

A good time limit for me would be 6 months of total inactivity.

Yeah I agree with 6 months, and its not like we cant promote them back were they to show up

I'm just going to copy and paste what I sent to Ryukama last night

I'm going to bring this up to you before everybody else pesters you with this: Crabwhale and KingPin think that it's high time for a couple demotions, specifically for MaxwelFISH and Julian, and, honestly... I have to agree with them. Let me go a bit deeper,

Case 1: MaxwelFISH has seen a significantly lower amount of activity since April 2017 (https://vsbattles.com/joke-battles/29714), so has (obviously) not made that many contributions to the wiki since then. While he doesn't have a very major staff role on the wiki, that role hasn't really been of any good use to anybody due to his inactivity, so it doesn't really make much sense to keep his as a Content Moderator. I also think we should demote him so we can have "more open spaces" (in a sense) in case anybody else seems fit for position; if he ever comes back, you could just give him back the role. Next,

Case 2: Super Saiyan God Julian has apparently been completely inactive since July 14, 2018 (https://joke-battles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Super_Saiyan_God_Julia), and hasn't even responded to any recent posts on his wall (https://joke-battles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Super_Saiyan_God_Julia). While the amount of time he's been inactive doesn't really seem like that much (depend on how you interpret that, cause it's been more than half a year), it's impact is amplified by the fact that he's an admin. I feel that it's almost necessary to demote him, due to the power his account wields; we don't know what happened to him, if he lost his password, if he lost interest completely, if something worse happened to him... but we do know that the account is still active (in the sense that FANDOM hasn't disabled it or something). This could present a liability to the wiki if, worst case scenario, his account gets hacked, and anybody else with access to his account could leave the wiki in shambles (or, at least, in a really inconvenient to fix state).

I know you want to give these people a chance of keeping their rights if they ever come back (like what you did with me), but we also wouldn't want anything bad happening with the wiki in case their accounts get compromised. There's also the (albeit very minor) issue that other people might see the presence of these inactive staff members in a bad way, either by criticizing the wiki's "professionalism", or by other ways i swear i had another reason i wanted to say here but i completely forgot. If they ever come back, we can always give them a second chance at being a staff member, but while they're gone, their role doesn't serve anybody any good.

Damn it bird boi, where were you a few months back?

I already talked to Copetan about this. I'm fine with the demotions, 6 months is a good start and there should be some chance for someone to regain a position if they return after an absence.

So, everybody seems to agree.

Shall this be carried t then?

Guy actually got demoted on VSBW a while back due to complete inactivity. I don't think he's coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back