• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In a world where both freshwater and saltwater animals can live in the same environment. A Mosasaurus has intruded onto a Spinosaurus's territory.

Mosa's Profile

Spino's Profile

Speed equalized (i can remove this if it makes the fight fair, if the fight turns out to be stomp or whatever)

Mosasaurus is bloodlusted

battle takes place in a, let's just say it's a mix between a ocean and a river. (this place is where both saltwater and freshwater animals can live without dying)

The Spinosaurus, from what I read on Wikipedia, wasn't a full water creature, more like an half-aquatic animal like a grizzly bear.

For this reason I don't see this battle happening in a fair way. The Mosasaurus needs deep water to live and move, and in there the Mosaurus would be helpless, I'm not even sure it could swim or just float.

Conversely, the Mosasaurus can't live in rivers and such, so it coulnd't realistically live or fight in a place where the Mosasaurus hunts.

The Spinosaurus, from what I read on Wikipedia, wasn't a full water creature, more like an half-aquatic animal like a grizzly bear.

For this reason I don't see this battle happening in a fair way. The Mosasaurus needs deep water to live and move, and in there the Mosaurus would be helpless, I'm not even sure it could swim or just float.

Conversely, the Mosasaurus can't live in rivers and such, so it coulnd't realistically live or fight in a place where the Mosasaurus hunts.

i made the match in a place where they can survive without that worry.

just make an environment that allows both of their powers to function. even if that's unrealistic.

is that fine.

I mean, what kind of environment would it be? It's weird to imagine a place that is suited for both, unrealistic is a thing, impossible is another, due to their physiology they wouldn't normally be able to interact with each other and move in different ways and do different things depending on the place, I just can't imagine how this fight would happen.

Personally, the Mosasaurus seems like it has a better chance as it is faster, it is more suited to hunting in the water too. It's also bloodlusted to add to that.

I vote the mosasaurus (if this isn't going to get closed)

Last edited:
I mean, what kind of environment would it be? It's weird to imagine a place that is suited for both, unrealistic is a thing, impossible is another, due to their physiology they wouldn't normally be able to interact with each other and move in different ways and do different things depending on the place, I just can't imagine how this fight would happen.

it's a fictional environment that allows both saltwater and freshwater creatures to live in without dying.

the water is about 30 ft deep.

is that fine.

Personally, the Mosasaurus seems like it has a better chance as it is faster, it is more suited to hunting in the water too.

I vote the mosasaurus (if this isn't ngoing to get closed)
The mosasaurus was suited at hunting fishes in shallow waters, the Mosasaurus is like a shark, and lived in the sea.

it's a fictional environment that allows both saltwater and freshwater creatures to live in without dying.

the water is about 30 ft deep.
It's not about salt or fresh water, but depth. This match is like a shark vs a bear, none of them can realistically move or live in each other's environment, even though both feature water.

This part of Wikipedia's article about the Spinosaurus confirms it wasn't suited for deep waters, and 30 feet is rather deep, the Mosasaurus would just chew it to death from below, as in life it didn't have to face and adapt to such predators, the fish it hunted were harmless.

Realistically, the Spinosaurus wasn't hardwired to fight such creature, and if you make the water shallow enough to give it a way to move and fight, then the Mosasaurus is left without enough space to move and probably live, even if the Dino Crisis one is much smaller than the real one.

The mosasaurus was suited at hunting fishes in shallow waters, the Mosasaurus is like a shark, and lived in the sea.

It's not about salt or fresh water, but depth. This match is like a shark vs a bear, none of them can realistically move or live in each other's environment, even though both feature water.

This part of Wikipedia's article about the Spinosaurus confirms it wasn't suited for deep waters, and 30 feet is rather deep, the Mosasaurus would just chew it to death from below, as in life it didn't have to face and adapt to such predators, the fish it hunted were harmless.

Realistically, the Spinosaurus wasn't hardwired to fight such creature, and if you make the water shallow enough to give it a way to move and fight, then the Mosasaurus is left without enough space to move and probably live, even if the Dino Crisis one is much smaller than the real one.

so this match should be closed based on what you said.

Yes, I think it's a mismatch because they can't have a fair fight, one of them is always going to be in a massive disadvantage.

Lol I remember we had like 3 matchups with Spinosaurus and T. rex in different scenarios, real life animals have lots of limitations in versus threads

Back