• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
Last edited:
great theme for the fight

now Spider-Man can't restrain Mr Fantastic because of the lift strengh disadvantage, but he can't cause sever damage to him because of his ap disadvantage and his Spider-sense

so i don't know how the fight would go

Imma be honest I don't really knownhow this would play out either since reed won't be ablento stretch faster than spidey can move and react at even if he tries to cover a wide area

I feel like spidey has more of a chance to land the first blow(s) in this fight but if he gets caught even once then Reed has him with superior LS and for that fact as well Reed outlifts spideys own LS even with webs so that's just another factor that's taken out of the battle

I usually don't comment much on my own fights, but I'll lend some food for thought. Here are the advantages I think the two have over the other:

Peter:
-AP
-More skilled of a combatant
-Mobility
-Stealth
-Regeneration

Reed:
-Smarter
-Greater LS
-Possesses a more beneficial suit
-Range

The location I chose is specifically one the two know well, so neither have a location advantage

IMO, this seriously comes down to who can avoid the most attacks. Spidey's AP advantage clearly means he can put down Reed. Mister Fantastic on the other hand, easily has one of the best abilities to utilize a clear LS advantage against an opponent considering he can just blanket enemies. Reed's elasticity does mean he can swerve his body around to dodge attacks that would usually be clear hits. However, I do favour Peter's senses in this case. The Spider-Sense is of course helpful for averting/countering danger. Paired with Peter's agility, this is why I gave him the mobility advantage. Spider-Man is essentially more likely to dodge attacks than Mister Fantastic is. Another aspect I should mention is that blinding Richard via webbing is a viable option. Peter's done it before.

This is an oddly close fight. Both have very solid wincons. If you believe that Spider-Man's mobility and Spider-Sense will let him dodge Mister Fantastic's attacks, then Peter wins. If you believe that Mister Fantastic is more likely to trap Spider-Man, whether that be through blanketing or restraining, then Reed wins.

This is an oddly close fight. Both have very solid wincons. If you believe that Spider-Man's mobility and Spider-Sense will let him dodge Mister Fantastic's attacks, then Peter wins. If you believe that Mister Fantastic is more likely to trap Spider-Man, whether that be through blanketing or restraining, then Reed wins.
nah Spider-man will dodge every attacks thanks to his spider-sense, what i want to know is if his AP is enough to overcome Reed Elasticity because this power usually make you more durable against blunt attacks wich Spider-man only have

if he can overcome that than i will vote spider-man

Was Reed ever shown to be affected by physical attacks without just being stretched?

Having seen so many One Piece matches with Luffy, one of the first arguments is always whether the opponent has a way of hurting Luffy due to his rubber body, so it's weird not to see that argument here. I never watched any of the Fantastic Four movies cuz I heard they were all mediocre, but based on all the arguments above, I think Spider-Man takes it with high difficulty due to his Spider Sense and his higher AP. This version of Spider-Man's also very creative with how he fights and uses his powers, so I'm sure he'd think of something clever during the fight to either stretch Mister Fantastic to his limit or use his webs to blind him or something.

Having seen so many One Piece matches with Luffy, one of the first arguments is always whether the opponent has a way of hurting Luffy due to his rubber body, so it's weird not to see that argument here. I never watched any of the Fantastic Four movies cuz I heard they were all mediocre, but based on all the arguments above, I think Spider-Man takes it with high difficulty due to his Spider Sense and his higher AP. This version of Spider-Man's also very creative with how he fights and uses his powers, so I'm sure he'd think of something clever during the fight to either stretch Mister Fantastic to his limit or use his webs to blind him or something.
Never seen how Luffy matches go down, but I imagine that question must come up a ton

Spider-Man gets another vote

He currently scales to being able to lift a third of the London Eye's weight, where he should scale to the Thing (Who could lift half of the weight) if Reed can restrain him.

Anyway, going to vote incon basically for the reasons you posted here

He currently scales to being able to lift a third of the London Eye's weight, where he should scale to the Thing (Who could lift half of the weight) if Reed can restrain him.

Anyway, going to vote incon basically for the reasons you posted here
Right. I thought the Class M rating for Reed was enough to put down for his justification, but that should be added too.

Anyhow, an incon vote has been counted

Back