• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'll go for Speedwagon actually. Goblin Slayer is arguably more skilled and has actual combat skills, but even trained soldiers fall prey to unconventional warfare users like Speedwagon's gang.

>Building level via a hat

>Cut Jonathan's arm and hit bone

Wasn't that like

Jonathan before he got superpowers

Not sure that counts at all

That makes all of

No sense whatsoever considering he does his 8-C feats with hamon and he definitely can't blow up a cliffside as a dude without hamon.

Then I don't think we should really rate hamonless Jonathan as 8-C when his feats without hamon are only like, capping out at Wall level for surviving the long fall as he impaled Dio on the Family Guardian.

Goblin slayer due to being a more skilled fighter and a better tactician. Sure Speedwagon uses unconventional tactics sometimes but GS fights people (goblins) like that all the time and is a very dirty fighter himself.

Edit: Nothing to see here move along

I'm blind.

Still Speedwagon, but with difficulty. He can play sneaky and use more unusual tactics. Although now that I'm no longer blinded, yes, it's close.

Actually, SBA puts this in New York City, which gives Speedwagon an advantage since he's more use to such a battleground, being a surprisingly adept street thug. So I remain set on Speedwagon.

Isn't it central park in new York, which would be neutral territory for them both. Alleyways wouldn't be much of an advantage anyway as GS prefers confined spaces though speedwagon would still be more familiar.

Right, but this matchup is close and I think every little advantage matters here.

@ Thepixelkirby

I agree and it's why I think GS would win since he is the better fighter and is unlikely to fall for any of Speedwagon's traps.

Better fighter or not, I'd bargain Speedwagon wins.

Starting in New York, Needwagon would very quickly realize a face to face fight is not in his favor. So, he will more likely spend the battle messing in the shadows. Good fighter or not, Speedwagon was a born street thug with surprisingly adept skills. He would be able to use his environment to his advantage- even if traps don't work, Speedwagon can play stealthy and wait for a moment to strike.

I get what you are saying, and in a straight 1v1 in a Roman arena with no environment for Speedwagon to use, Slayer would likely win with versatility. But, Speedwagon is certainly capable of using his environment to his advantage, and since their stats are virtually the same physical-wise, I say Speedwagon wins with difficulty.

This is central park, there is not much place to go stealthy. Most trees aren't even as wide as half of speedwagon.

So stealth and traps vs a guy who fights and slaughters stealth and trap users on the regular using his enhanced senses and traps.

I've lived in New York. Trust me, a street thug could certainly find a way- if he thought it was necessary, he could always just retreat to a better place to fight.

Seeing how GB would be in a completely new environment and against traps and tricks he's never seen or experienced, while Speedwagon is the one pulling the tricks, it's not unreasonable to say Goblin Slayer would eventually **** up and be worn down, no?

Completly new envirement? It's a plain field with some trees. Using "He'll find a way" is also bad arguing.

If anything being in a new environment would put GS even more on guard and likely to retreat to an environment better for him (like a sewer) rather than following Speedwagon.

Would GS in-character do that? If so, this might just be inconclusive, actually.

What's stopping Speedwagon from wrecking the Goblin Slayer in fair combat? He wields a sledgehammer, which would absolutely wreck GS's armour. Heck, Speedwagon can likely fend off the GS relatively well considering he rose to the top of the Ogre Street Gang, who fight with knives. Granted, GS still outskills Speedwagon but he isn't instakilling him via skill. All Speedwagon needs to do is get a good hit on GS's head and he is dead. Also, heavy non-flexible metal armour of the kind GS wears is specifically good against slashing and stabbing weapons but weak against blunt weapons as heavy metal armour caves in on impact and depending on the place of impact, may cause all kinds of issues like suffocation (sternum), difficulty moving (joint regions), broken ribs etc.

Voting Speedwagon for better weaponry.

I'm not exactly sure, but he was able to deal blows to them similar to the other Hamon users. Regardless, he has it.

Also, yes, a sledgehammer would indeed **** over armor, yet another thing in Speedwagon's favor.

Overall, yea, I think Speedwagon can get this since while Goblin Slayer is more skilled, Speedwagon has battlefield advantage, unorthodox tactics only improved by this advantage, and a better weapon against armor.

The dude got hit by an ogre with a thing far worse then any sledge hammer. And unless speedwagon has some really good feats, he is much weaker than a nearly ten meter tall, muscular ogre.

Speedwagon's feats put him right next to Goblin Slayer in raw striking power (Wall-level AP, wall-class striking strength) So unless Goblin Slayer is just as strong as the Ogre in raw strength, which I highly doubt, Speedwagon is stronger than the Ogre.

Edit: Speedwagon's striking power is wall-class while Goblin Slayer has wall-class durability, so he can certainly compete with the ogre, meaning the advantages of his sledgehammer apply here.

That is objectivly false.

The weakest 9-B is litirally 1394.67 times weaker than the strongest 9-B's. Unless he has good feats, he is nowhere near that ogre, which the slayer can survive a full hit from.

While we do need specific feats for both the ogre and Speedwagon, he's still Wall-Level and a sledgehammer has plenty of force in it. As Goblin Slayer endures the hit, yes he is wall level, but simple force dictates that more force packed in a smaller weapon and sledgehammer will also be more lethal and dangerous. More force, less surface area.

Unless you can provide precise calcs from the Ogre, we can't even begin to claim that the Ogre was significantly stronger than Speedwagon.

Taking a hit from a ten meter tall monster is far superior to anything a sledge hammer can do dude.

That is once again false. Dinosaurs don't have calc but are still stronger than a sledge hammer can ever be.

Back