• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Equalization and Attack Speed

Alright, here is why I think ranged attacks shouldn't be completely equalized (I don think tey should still be put around the same level as the two character, I just don't think it should be exactly the same): imagine a characrer has a gun, but the character itself is not as fast as a bullet, then because speed is equalized, the bullet would slowly float across the battlefield like it was in slow-motion, rendering it useless.

I'm not saying their speed should be affected at all, but if one of the character's attacks require it to move faster than the character itself for it to work, it should still be only slightly faster (only slightly, not massively faster), even if speed is equal, or else the attack wouldn't work.

You guys are still arguing about this? Paulo, I'm pretty sure you've been on this Wiki long enough to know Speed Equalized means attack speed is equalized. I'm not sure what's going on here.

When someone says speed equalized I'm assuimg all speed is equalized.

The only thing speed equalized wouldn't affect is time stop.

Yeah, but I'm talking about attacks that need to be faster than the character or else it doesn't work; what do we do with that, do we just remove that ability from him? I thought speed equalization wasn't supposed to remove any abilities.

But the attack that needs to be faster than the character for it to work is. The example I gave was a normal guy who has a gun, because that's pretty much the type of attack I'm thinking about, since the bullets only work due to being faster, then by equalizing it, you're not only getting rid of the attack speed, you're getting rid of the attack itself.

Also, keep in mind I'm not talking about all attack speed, I'm only specifically talking about attacks where the entire point of the attack is being faster.

Then this wikia has a problem as we've been equalizing attack speed to regular speed for speed equalized matches for about three years now

There was a thread a long time ago about speed equalizations here but it was never implemented and I had to necro it. Still didn't get much attention, but my latest post was a pretty good summary.

My personal thoughts:

Attack Speed is generally toned down to the speed that generally makes sense. The Composite Human shouldn't be able to run at the same speeds as his bullets.

If an attack is X times faster than the caster normally, it's X times faster in speed equalized.

But that's just my thoughts, I'll go with the general consensus.

You guys can keep doing that if you want, it's your wiki after all, but I still think that it is restricting one of the character's abilities, since its literally taking away one of their attacks, which you shouldn't be able to do, and this is a bad thing about this wiki if this is actually how you guys do things, that's just my opinion.

There was a looooong thread about speed equal and the many issues that aeise with it.

The consensus was that the normal attack speed is equalized, but special abilities or weapons stay faster. So if average joe with a gun fought a bullet timer in speed equal, both would be moving as fast, but the gun could blitz both.

I'll link it in a few hours tops. And if I don't bump the thread since I might have forgot about it.

Basically people shouldn't use "Speed equalized" as "ignore speed", because attack speed is certainly a deciding factor on who wins a fight. It also defeats the purpose of long ranged attacks and weaponry

There was a looooong thread about speed equal and the many issues that aeise with it.
The consensus was that the normal attack speed is equalized, but special abilities or weapons stay faster. So if average joe with a gun fought a bullet timer in speed equal, both would be moving as fast, but the gun could blitz both.

That's kinda lame.

Having a character blitz another with a single attack which they normally wouldn't blitz with is kinda.........Speed amp is one thing, but when the attack itself is just a weapon which is faster than the user, I don't think that should be allowed in speed equal (At least it shouldn't allow for an attack speed blitz).

Attack speed and rounds per minute are two different things; it doesn't mean the attack can't be aim dodged, and distance can still give a character time to dodge.

YungManzi said:
That's kinda lame.

Having a character blitz another with a single attack which they normally wouldn't blitz with is kinda.........Speed amp is one thing, but when the attack itself is just a weapon which is faster than the user, I don't think that should be allowed in speed equal (At least it shouldn't allow for an attack speed blitz).
Making a bullet as fast as a normal humans walking speed is far worse. And if the only reason for winning is a slower character blitzing, it can't be added.

Aim dodging isn't a very reliable way of evading a projectile. Especially if the two fighting are similar in reaction/combat speed.

Distance matters more if the attack doesn't completely omg speed blitz both characters.

"Making a bullet as fast as a normal humans walking speed is far worse."

There are other alternatives. Make attack speed faster, but not enough to blitz the opponent even if it would blitz the user.

The only reason speed equalization exists is for it to be easier for people make threads that aren't stomps. But then again, restricting hax abilities used to be allowed for similar reasons, but no longer are.

Sorry, but those other reasons are absolutely arbitrary. Make it faster but not enough to blitz? How is that a logical conclusion?

the whole thread about speed equalization decided that if the slower character blitzes the faster one, then too bad, the thread can't be added.

The only reason speed is allowed to be equalized is for the sake of being able to make battles, you can't come up with more restrictive excuses just to make more of them. You won't make a bullet less than 10 times faster than a human just because it restrocts fights you could make.

I simply came up with an alternative.

I personally think unequalizing attack speed in fights is more troublesome and overall would cut a lot of fun out of what makes those fights interesting to begin with.

VS battles are leisure activity here which really have nothing to do with the profiles anyway, so it makes no sense to restrict them more and more based on...really nothing. Getting rid of hax restrictions actually makes sense, this really doesn't imo.

Oh, you can restrict them however you want. But it will not be added, and the logic of why should be obvious.

And attack speed is equalized, things that are faster than your normal attack speed are also relatively faster as well. If a relativistic has a light speed attack, then in a speed equal match the lightbeam will be only twiice as fast as both of them. Because anything else makes the use of projectiles plain useless.

Attack speed would still be altered, just not fully equalized. Like a Mach 1 character with a mach 2 handgun vs a Mach 3 character with a mach 4.5 rifle would just be Mach 1 with a mach 2 handgun fighting another mach 1 character who has a mach 1.5 rifle.

Also, sure people can still make almost any kind of battle that they want, they just won't get added to the profiles....

but that's the problem, by not allowing them to get added onto profiles you are directly unencouraging them. For example...

IIRC. hax restriction stopped getting added to profiles around the time I joined this wiki....and I've pretty much never seen a VB on this site which restricts hax...

And why should it be addedd to their profiles? You disable to them more and more in an atempt of making it "fair", it is not a notable victory because of the handicaps.

Back