• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Currently DxD is going through a content review, AP and Cosmology are already being reviewed, now it's the turn of Speed.
This was already discussed in this thread, but it didn't come to anything, that's why I bring this.
The reason why this thread is titled Part 1 is because before talking about speed, we must reach an agreement on 2 issues:

1) Boost doubles the speed

2) Light in DxD

Light in DxD
It is better explained here.

But to summarize the important points.

1. In DxD Dx Volume 6 the characters travel to another world where they are unable to use their powers, the reason? The laws of that world are different from those of their world. Indicating the dependence of the powers on the laws of the world.

2. All phenomena in the world of DxD have fixed laws and rules.

3. Demonic/Holy Power allows you to recreate phenomena using the imagination.

4. Magic allows you to recreate phenomena using calculations and equations.

In this case the phenomenon is Light, the laws of that phenomenon include the speed of light which is a constant, Demonic/Holy Power and Magic allow this phenomenon to be recreated, in conclusion Magical Light is at least as fast as real light.

Boost Speed and more
Next point, the effect of boosters.
Boost is the protagonist's main ability, an ability that functions as a duplicator to his power, and part of the power is speed.
Since volume 1 we have seen that through Boost, Issei can boost his speed, we see him going from being unable to react to Raynare's attacks at his Base to being able to keep up with her with multiple Boosts.
We see him use Boost in Balance Breaker and his speed increases as a result.

This can be simplified as Boost is a duplicator -> Boost increases speed -> Boost doubles speed.

I don't want to go into too much detail on this, but HERE, it is explained how the DxD Power System is a Universal Energy System.
This would mean that not only Boost but also other forms of power-ups also affect speed.

To be honest I don't really care how this thread ends, I just want to get this over with so we can continue with DxD updates.

BlackeJan, Digital_Franz and Phoenks if you don't agree with something just say "I don't agree", I'm not interested in hearing anything else.

Agree: MasqueTLDF
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Back