• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Manipulation vs Existence Erasure Resistance (Cont)

I think we covered this, but resisting EE would only grant resistance to soul destruction; not quite soul extraction among other things.

EE as Destruction is an effect like power, resisting vague powers like that may be difficult to prove; if the power is performed through magic, null energy or something, then character do not need to be resistente to EE to resist the power, just need to be resistent to the nature of the attack.

Even being resistent to any form of alteration of the soul/spirit not going to stop the attack from destroying the body, and [conventional] resistance to EE is not going to the attack from indirectly erasing the target.

I believe this applies to DB characters, right? Since shit like Hakai erases body and soul, anyone who resists it should resist soul destruction.

I believe this applies to DB characters, right? Since shit like Hakai erases body and soul, anyone who resists it should resist soul destruction.
Well I guess? But I made this back in the old forums so I made this more for soul destruction to be resisted in general, not just DB.

Resistance to spiritual Existence Erasure would only be applicable to complete soul destruction/erasure, as in the type that completely wipes out all traces of the soul. It won't be applicable to soul destruction done by anything less than complete wiping such as literally crushing/shattering/tearing the soul into pieces for example as that's not really erasure, which I'm sure there are characters with that type of mechanic of Soul Manipulation.

Personally, I think it should only apply to soul erasure. Stuff like soul rip or slicing should require other feats.

Personally, I think it should only apply to soul erasure. Stuff like soul rip or slicing should require other feats.
Yeah that’s the point of this thread actually, as it was clarified pre-forum move

Anything that isn’t the destruction of the soul does not get affected by this.

Back