• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soon is E3... So let's make a bets.

At some sort they're exist.

Though that doesn't stop my big wishes for AA7 and Phoenix in smash. Cmon, it's 20 years anniversary, Capcom, give us at least announcement...
As much as a love the series, Phoenix doesn't need to be in Smash. People just want him cuz MvC. He's gonna be the exact same character as in MvC with tiny differentials.

As much as a love the series, Phoenix doesn't need to be in Smash. People just want him cuz MvC. He's gonna be the exact same character as in MvC with tiny differentials.
There's few problems with that.

1. People want character in smash to play him in smash. That's reason why people want some character in smash, and/or character being represented. That's an ok feeling and for which everyone would want someone in smash.
2. Phoenix in MVC is not why people want him to see in smash, it's why people are believe that Lawyer can be playable in fighting games plus G&W, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Dog, Captain Falcon, Animal Crossing characters and many others exists in smash and fit well, it's not necessary for a character to be able to fight to be in smash.
3. Phoenix have different moveset in Smash Bros crusade, there are 2 videos on YouTube where people abstracting from MVC giving him another moveset, and using MVC only sometimes for reference.
4. Like his MVC moveset us bad? His moveset on it, is one of the very unique movesets for a fighting games which fitted well in MvC.

Last edited:
There's few problems with that.

1. People want character in smash to play him in smash. That's reason why people want some character in smash, and/or character being represented. That's an ok feeling and for which everyone would want someone in smash.
2. Phoenix in MVC is not why people want him to see in smash, it's why people are believe that Lawyer can be playable in fighting games plus G&W, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Dog, Captain Falcon, Animal Crossing characters and many others exists in smash and fit well, it's not necessary for a character to be able to fight to be in smash.
3. Phoenix have different moveset in Smash Bros crusade, there are 2 videos on YouTube where people abstracting from MVC giving him another moveset, and using MVC only sometimes for reference.
4. Like his MVC moveset us bad? His moveset on it, is one of the very unique movesets for a fighting games which fitted well in MvC.
1. People want Micheal Jackson in Smash. Not really a good argument.
2. MvC is the biggest motivation as they seen him in one game and he was amazing to play as in MvC. Also I never said they had to be a fighter.
3. His moveset isn't that much different. It's MvC with tiny differentials. Also did you just show me another as proof he won't be a copy?
4. I don't mind his moveset but if he is gonna be a carbon copy of his MvC iteration I don't want it.

1. People want Micheal Jackson in Smash. Not really a good argument.
2. MvC is the biggest motivation as they seen him in one game and he was amazing to play as in MvC. Also I never said they had to be a fighter.
3. His moveset isn't that much different. It's MvC with tiny differentials. Also did you just show me another as proof he won't be a copy?
4. I don't mind his moveset but if he is gonna be a carbon copy of his MvC iteration I don't want it.
1. Which is ok, again. What's wrong with wanting a lawyer?
2. Again, it's one of counter argument to the people saying "he can't fight". Seriously, why people should want Phoenix in smash "because he was in MVC"? Seriously there's a lot of people who don't think Phoenix would be playable in smash because he can't fight in canon and that's it. It's easy to counter argument so people are oftenly referring to MVC.
3. In crusade kind of though it's still a different. On that YouTube videos not really at all I see a copy from MVC.
4. Terry, Bayonetta, Ryu and Ken, Kazuya then shouldn't be in smash by that logic because they're taking moves from their canon games. It is obvious that on Smash Phoenix would be a different from. MvC because MvC is more like a classic fighting game, smash is platform-fighting game.

Back