• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic, Kirby, and Mario vs Solaris, Void, and Dimentio

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Plot

The year is 20XX.

The universe is fine under the watch of Master Hand. All the heroes are enjoying their lives. And it's almost time for Mario and Sonic's quadrennial Olympic competition. However, Mario suggests something new: they go to Pop Star, Kirby's home planet. Mario's been there before to see Kirby compete in the Megaton Punch, and it's a durable enough planet that they can give it their all on it. Sonic, happy to not have to hold back, agrees.

Fast forward a month, and the Mario and Sonic cast arrive on Pop Star in the Starshroom. Kirby excitedly greets his longtime friends with his iconic "Hiiii!" as he leads them to where they're going to hold their competition. Dedede has offered to let them use his castle as their grounds so long as they give him 5 foods from their worlds. Mario gives 5 Shroom Shakes, while Sonic gives 5 Chili Dogs. And during the one month of planning, Mario and Sonic decided to up the ante. The Chaos Emeralds were brought in order to add a little more spice to the match, and not only that, but Mario also brought the Pure Hearts for even more entertainment. This was to be the Olympic Games to end them all.

The games were about to begin. Meta Knight offered to be the referee for the first match: Amy Rose vs Princess Daisy in shot-put. But as soon as the match was to begin, a giant shadow flies across Pop Star. Kirby recognized this, but barely. It reminded him of the first time he and Gooey fought together, but this couldn't be the same. Besides, that felt different. This was...stronger.

Kirby could only wish he was wrong, as with a crash as loud as Dark Gaia's roar, the shadow as large as a country crashed into the ground and instantly covered the planet. Kirby was fine, but to his horror, all of his friends were being corrupted. Needless to say, Dedede was the first to fall, and Meta Knight not soon behind, but even his friends from the Mushroom Kingdom and South Island were being corrupted. From the calm and collected Blaze and Rosalina to the rough and tough Wario and Knuckles to the lovable and innocent Yoshi and Cream. Even Mario and Sonic themselves fell to the shadow's corruption after not too long. But what shocked Kirby the most was that even Gooey, someone who should be just as immune as Kirby himself, turned. This is when Kirby realized that this wasn't just another Dark Matter attack. This was even more. And one by one, each of his friends, new and old alike, retreat from Dedede's Castle to cause havoc and eventually return to the shadow looming over them all: the Hyper Zone. In shock, Kirby can only watch as this happens. All that's left besides Kirby himself are Mario and Sonic, and they weren't going to leave. They were here to make sure Kirby doesn't interfere. But Kirby regains his composure just enough to throw a Friend Heart at Sonic. Much to Kirby's surprise, this works the first time, and Sonic is freed from the possession. Mario realizes this too, and tries to run away, but Kirby gets on his Warpstar and throws another Friend Heart to free his friend. Dazed, but okay, Kirby waits until they recover to tell them what happened.

It seems that the Friend Heart was able to work so easily due to Mario and Sonic's pure and heroic hearts. They are quick to believe him, but are curious to hear that this was stronger than last time. Kirby believed that he defeated the Dark Matter once and for all on their previous encounter, even possibly sending the source to the right path, but it seems like it's better than ever. Mario and Sonic also chip in to what they felt when they were possessed. Mario says that it reminds him of the same energy that turned Luigi into Mr. L some years back. Sonic says that it reminds him of the negative energy used to awaken Dark Gaia when she possessed everyone, but somehow, instead of it being weaker, it wound up being infinitely stronger. And Kirby chimes in on one more small detail. After their friends are done wreaking havoc on the planet, they'll leave into the Hyper Zone and never return, becoming one with the Dark Matter, much to Mario and Sonic's horror. Mario suggests that Kirby just do what he did to them to everyone else, but Sonic laments that even for speedy guys like them, that's too many strong characters to cure before it's too late, and that it might not even work, as Mario and Sonic were special exceptions. Sonic instead offers another plan: to stop it at the source. It's the quickest and most efficient way. Mario and Kirby agree, and rush towards the Hyper Zone as quickly as possible, riding on Kirby's Warp Star.

Eventually, our heroes make it inside the Hyper Zone. Inside this indigo void, the trio were expecting the worst. Any sort of eldritch eyeball. But instead of seeing Dark Matter or even Zero like Kirby expected, he saw a man he didn't recognize. He kinda resembled Marx, but only a little. Sonic seemed to be just as lost as Kirby. But Mario recognized him. It was a face he was expecting as soon as he recognized the energy, but didn't want to believe it was true. But it was. Dimentio was back.

Mario demands to be informed on what happened, and Dimentio happily obliges, glad to be able to share his plan. When Dimentio self-destructed, it was only a ruse. Instead, he warped himself into the Void itself, hoping to control it, until Mario and friends destroyed the Chaos Heart, and the Void with it. By proxy, this should've killed Dimentio. But instead, it placed him to a land beyond space and time. While his powers worked fine, he couldn't teleport himself out for some reason. For years he wandered, trying his best to understand the place, and eventually he did. This was a place known as Another Dimension. And from this road beyond space and time, he was able to figure out how to manipulate it. He bent his powers to be in line with the rules of this place. He managed to steal a powerful crown from four dragons, sending them to the Underwhere in the process. And eventually, with enough practice, he was able to send himself through space and time. Dimentio found out about Mario and Sonic's Olympic Pop Star Games, and waited until then, as it was the perfect time to take out not only Mario, but everyone Mario was close to. And during the month they planned their trip, Dimentio planned his revenge. He used his newfound power to send himself to different timelines. Different universes. To a time before Mario destroyed the Chaos Heart. To a time where the Super Emeralds were left unguarded. But that's not all he did. Otherwise, Dimentio would've never gotten control of the Hyper Zone. Dimentio also went to do some recruiting. Due to Dimentio's obsession with the Void, he was interested in two specific villains from Kirby's and Sonic's respective worlds. For Sonic, he was interested in the sun god, Solaris, someone who can eat all of existence with his own power. And for Kirby, he was interested in the origin of Dark Matter, the Astral Birth, Void, if only for his name alone, though he was interested in the dark god's ability to return all life to Zero. He went to another universe, before Solaris was summoned. He conspired with Mephiles to rejoin Mephiles and Iblis into Solaris, and succeeded. But instead of being rejoined through the Chaos Emeralds, Dimentio offered up the Super Emeralds. That universe's Super Hedgehogs couldn't stand up to that combined power, and lost. That world no longer exists, as Solaris ate it all. And in another universe, Dimentio approached Void, and their respective negative energy benefited from each other. For Dimentio, Void's aura made him even more corrupted than he already was through the power of the Jamba Hearts, boosting his power. As for Void, Dimentio's immense negative energy made it so its forever corrupted, and none of Kirby's goodness can cause it to reincarnate as a good being. Together, the two of them took over the entire universe. That Kirby fell before their might, and everyone else became part of the Void entity. And that's not all. Both of them are here, in this Hyper Zone, or as Dimentio likes to call it now, the Dimension Zone.

As if on cue, the two eldritch horrors come out of nowhere, phasing into existence. Sonic stares in horror at a monstrosity that he thought causality wiped from his mind. Kirby stares transfixed at the giant white ball that every so often shows his own face. Dimentio laughs. He doesn't even need Luigi anymore. With this power, even in this form, this base form, he's more powerful than the old Super Dimentio could ever be. In the Dimension Zone, Dimentio and his companions are boosted by the Super Emeralds, the Chaos Heart, and the Jamba Hearts all at once. He doesn't even need the Void, as he's now friends with two of them But just to show how hopeless the situation is, Dimentio somehow still transforms, even without the Void and Luigi. His new form looks exactly like Super Dimentio, but instead, it has his face. So instead of two eldritch horrors, there's now three boosted ones.

As it seems all hope is lost, and the trio are considering defeat, Sonic is the one to assure the group remains positive. He expected something like this would happen on their trip to the Hyper Zone, so he brought the Chaos Emeralds with him. Sonic then transforms into Super Sonic. Dimentio laughs. If three Super Hedgehogs couldn't beat Solaris on Super Emeralds, what will one do to the three of them? Sonic responds by saying that the Emeralds vary in power, and that with more positive energy, the stronger they are. With all the negative energy Dimentio is emitting, maybe they have a chance. And with that, he shares his energy with Mario and Kirby, giving them super forms as well. Mario and Kirby become more hopeful, and their friendship and courage in the face of danger summons the Pure Hearts to them, boosting them. Even Kirby decides to contribute to the boost, as he spits up three Miracle Fruits for the three of them to eat. It's gross, but with these odds, they happily eat the fruits. Sonic looks just like he does in Hyper Sonic, but his rainbow colors are changing even quicker. Mario's cape is summoned on, and his hat and clothes are gold while his overalls are flashing rainbow as well. Kirby looks just like he does in Hypernova, but the transformation gives him his Crash Kirby hat somehow. With the boosts of the hyper-positivity charged Chaos Emeralds, the Pure Hearts, the Miracle Fruits, and even the slight boost given by the Friend Hearts, Sonic, Kirby, and Mario become the Big Bang Super Heroes of Light. Sonic and Mario let go of the Warp Star and begin flying under their own power. With the look of sheer willpower in their eyes, the three heroes charge the monsters, knowing they're the only thing standing between their enemies and oblivion, and determined to save their friends.

Interlude
First, how'd you like the plot? I tried my best to keep everyone in character, and make sure there were enough references to all three series. Obviously, being me, I'm biased towards Kirby, but I still tried to be as inclusive as possible. Everything else was just a random reference. For the sake of the plot, I pretended this was the Smash Bros world, hence Master Hand, but nobody is actually a trophy, and it being 20XX was because I was getting majorly into Mega Man recently lol. Big Bang Super Heroes of Light (BBSHoL for short) I came up with. Heroes of Light were what the Pure Heart wielders were called in Super Paper Mario, Super came from Super Sonic (because duh), and Big Bang came from Hypernova Kirby's JP name, which was Big Bang Kirby. Therefore Big Bang Super Heroes of Light. I came up with all of this on the fly, btw. None of this was planned.

Rules
Aight. Rules.

Despite this being fun and games, treat this like an actual fight, unless you wanna comment on the plot. In which case, please go ahead and discuss that as well.

None of the sides get any extra items that they wouldn't normally have. Mario doesn't get the Stop Watch, Sonic doesn't get Ring Time, Kirby doesn't get the Invisibility Crystal, etc.

Despite the massive inspiration from Paper Mario, Mario gets none of his Paper Mario stuff besides like, his hammer. However, the normal powerups from the main series are still okay. Mario still has access to his stuff like the Fire Flower, Mega Mushroom, Metal Cap, etc., and due to the plot I set up, it stacks onto his BBSoL form.

Kirby only gets access to his normal copy abilities. His Final Weapons are off limits, besides the Starship, as I wrote the Warp Star into the plot. If Kirby can't get the power without absorbing an enemy, it's not included in this fight, unless it's natural to him, like inhale or floating, because duh. Of course, he can still change them at will, and like Mario, it stacks onto his BBSoL form.

Sonic has no Wisps, but he can use the Bubble, Thunder, and Fire Shield. Needless to say, they stack onto his BBSoL form.

No resurrection. For any side. Mario doesn't have 1-Ups. Kirby doesn't have Revive Tomatoes, and Ghost Kirby acts like it does in Squeak Squad as opposed to Kirby Fighters. Sonic doesn't have...whatever item brings him back to life.

In case I didn't make it clear enough, both sides are relatively equal. Similar power boosts and all. Maybe a minuscule AP advantage on the evil side. Both sides have each member at 2-B and immeasurable with how the plot is set up, btw.

And due to there being a plot, everyone is in character, both sides work as a 3 person team, and the fight doesn't end until all three members of one side are dead.

Oh, also one more thing. Because this match takes place outside of space and time due to how I made the Dimension Zone, Solaris's longevity insurance is moot. He doesn't need to be defeated across time to die.

Big Bang Super Heroes of Light

Rulers of the Dimension Zone

Pics

Hyper Sonic the Hedgehog
Solaris Form2
Super Star Mario
SuperDimentio.1
Hypernova kirby
Void-KSA

Kirby could one-shot Solaris and Dimentio while Void could one-shot Mario and Sonic. Kirby could revive Dimentio as an ally as well as revive Mario and Sonic if they fall, but he himself barely scales to beating Void in a 4v1 with dudes comparable to him, now that he has dudes weaker than him they're all doomed.

Paragraph 7 of the rules:

"In case I didn't make it clear enough, both sides are relatively equal. Similar power boosts and all. Maybe a minuscule AP advantage on the evil side. Both sides have each member at 2-B and immeasurable with how the plot is set up, btw."

What do you mean? You mean could Mario give Sonic and Kirby a Fire Flower or Blue Shell? Sure, but I'm not sure how in character that'd be given they can handle themselves just fine.

Ah, the good guys win via Kirby reviving them in more than one way, morality haxxing Dimenstio and making him an ally.

Paragraph 6 in rules:

"No resurrection. For any side. Mario doesn't have 1-Ups. Kirby doesn't have Revive Tomatoes, and Ghost Kirby acts like it does in Squeak Squad as opposed to Kirby Fighters. Sonic doesn't have...whatever item brings him back to life."

Also given how the plot was written, Dimentio would be totally immune to Friend Hearts. At worst, he'd take damage from them like Void does.

So, you'd be limiting the Chaos Emeralds's power and kiss that brought Sonic back to life.

ElixirBlue said:
Damn, I was about to have Sonic hand out Void Wisps.
Wisps got nuked due to the plot. Sonic only brought the Chaos Emeralds due to how they were going to just have the Olympic Games there, and the Wisps would've gotten corrupted by the Dimension Zone's presence and go out on their own.

So does every smash contestant just default to Mega Man's calendar when it comes to dates? Or is that a joke on the fact that it is literally the year 20XX (2020)? Completely useless question, but just wanted to know.

I read that part but he still has his Reviving Spell, his ability to grab souls and make them corporeal, and his Friend Heart healing defeated foes. The "No resurrection" was kinda vague.

Idk who wins now.

It was just a random reference as I was too lazy to come up with an actual date even though I was motivated enough to write this entire fanfiction for the sole purpose of a vs match that can't even be added.

Eficiente said:
I read that part but he still has his Reviving Spell, his ability to grab souls and make them corporeal, and his Friend Heart healing defeated foes. The "No resurrection" was kinda vague.

Idk who wins now.
Ah sweet! That means you read it all the way through!

Tell me what you thought of it?

Also yeah. I'm glad you don't know who'd win. I used all my writing power to make sure there were stakes in this match, and it wasn't one-sided. Btw, Void can't corrupt Mario and Sonic anymore due to the Friend Heart boost reacting with the Pure Heart and Chaos Emerald boost and their respective hero hearts. In case that wound up being the wincon.

The real cal howard said:
Ah sweet! That means you read it all the way through!
I was reading random parts and that was one of them. But it all sounds like something that would fit well a youtube animation with remarkable quality that makes satisfactory references to all the series, which I wouldn't mind watching and enjoying. I also really like the Mega Man reference, for some reason.

I finally read through it all and I can definitely say that the story was pretty good and like Eficiente said, I could imagine this as a top notch youtube animation. Great work!

And I also appreciate that you at least tried to be somewhat unbiased and included a decent balance of stuff from the other series, which I liked. And don't worry bro, everyone has some form of bias, so don't be ashamed. I will admit that if I made something like this but with the HST, I would be slightly biased with One Piece.

I was reading random parts and that was one of them. But it all sounds like something that would fit well a youtube animation with remarkable quality that makes satisfactory references to all the series, which I wouldn't mind watching and enjoying. I also really like the Mega Man reference, for some reason.

I did think about adding Mega Man to this somehow, now that you mention it, as I recently gained a massive interest in the Classic series. But it would've been a little difficult. I didn't know how to get him on Pop Star, and there isn't a Classic villain that'd fit into the storyline, as Wily is too squishy. Only X or EXE would fit (X especially due to the Sigma Virus fitting perfectly), but if I was going to add Mega Man, I'd want it to be Classic. So I settled for a simple reference.

Good story Cal, pretty cool and inovative, but like, once you have a fanfiction story then it can end in anyway you writte it, so it would be extremely dificult to say a character wins or not

Btw, the music playing in the background is this, this, and this. Specifically the GaMetal versions.

Also, if we can decide on which side wins, I can write a victory scenario.

Mr.Cinos15 said:
Maybe Sunstar could have worked?
If anything, I'd probably do Trio, the evil robot Duo fought at the beginning of Mega Man 8, as Evil Energy fits extremely well into the plot, but not only does he not have a profile, but he doesn't have a reason to fight Rock. Sunstar did cross my mind. But I know nothing about him.

Ok now I read it and it was pretty good, not just more than what I imagined at glance but genuinely good. If this guys individually had series of books having their adventures with this writing used I wouldn't mind reading them all. It takes away the "fun" how this is too fanfic-ish but then that's done on purpose.

If they have the same AP and stuff then I guess it's just the canon versions all over again, the Heroes already know how to beat them and there's nothing game changing or new to really make a big diference, plus I like happy endings

Thanks bro. I wrote it in the vein I felt the Archie Worlds Collide series went. I never read it, but I thought it was like a COIE every joins together kind of event. So I tried to make it a bit apocalyptic.

I think the best way for the heroes to win would be to switch their big bad bosses slightly. They'd have to put to use what little advantages they have.

Super Sonic would do best against Dimentio, as his Empathic Manipulation/Purification is something that would heavily aid him in the battle due to being unable to harm him in any meaningful way otherwise. His Empathic Manip wouldn't work on Void, as his potenct is nowhere near as god enough to affect him even if he is boosted by the Friend Heart, and Solaris is a being who wasn't affected by it either.

Mario would likely fair just as well against Solaris as Sonic does within canon, so it would essentially be a substitution. Given that he's boosted by the Chaos Emeralds, he gains very good Stone Wall durability that would allow him to stall for time if nothing else. I'm unsure if he'd be able to break through Solaris' armor plating on his lonesome, especially since Solaris' durability is already though the roof due to the Super Emeralds also giving Stonewall durability, making time of the essence for somebody to finish with their villains and assist Mario while Mario dances around him.

Kirby and Void are the only canon battle that stays the same. I'm unsure as to how a one-on-one will go between these two when Void has the slight advantage in strength, so I don't think this battle would go anywhere fast unless there's something I'm missing about their fights in-canon (Cal I'm calling for an assist here). This is probably the battle I'm the least sure about.

I think this mainly relies on how fast Super Sonic can defeat Dimentio to aid one of the others in a tag-team battle depending on how close the other battles are, and then it's about efficiently thinning them down.

Or that's my take, at least.

Void's canonically defeated by the power of friendship, so yeah, if he winds up being a threat, Mario or Sonic helping him out would mean a lot. While Kirby ca beat him alone, it's best to well...not.

Even better.

So if Super Sonic manages to handle Dimentio fast enough, he can pull out an assist for Kirby as a tag-team. Then whaddya know, three Super Beings vs a Sun God. Deja vu, eh?

Just wait until Cal pulls out the Dream Devourer or the Time Devouerer from The DBT as the secret final boss who was behind everything and that can only be unlocked if the team gets an S Rank.

Back