• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'll give IDW this, it at least gives a reason behind why Eggman does the things he does.

pbh6YucCOcABjnaQiCZi767DE5eyezv5lFJ2ZI8trHsN_Z6wabD7sRjfR-0ONkO4TwnMYCaDiPmuDUjsFGT78IyVf3zL71XKl5WTXOHeozaUIY5DJUJ36kqwpEug3VdaY5mjSmJZRg=s1600
Image too big That's been Ian Flynn's explanation since Archie

I am concern about the monster and headache Sonic Fans are calling for, by asking Sonic to experience pain and loss. I've been around to know Sonic fans come to regret things we ask for.

And then he goes from getting bullied by Infinite to kicking him around the curb like nothing in every subsequent fight, which kills the threat that Infinite supposedly brought to the table.
This is a bit of a stretch, but a friend of mine has a theory that Sonic Forces was made as sort of a mocking gesture to those who wanted SEGA to bring back a bit more mature writing and story telling to the series post Black Knight and while that may not be true I personally get that vibe just from watching those cutscenes
While I understand that theory, tbh I just think it's the folly of expecting a serious/mature story from Happy Tree Friends writers.
I am concern about the monster and headache Sonic Fans are calling for, by asking Sonic to experience pain and loss. I've been around to know Sonic fans come to regret things we ask for.
Shadow already fit that niche perfectly before he became an actual saiyan saga Vegeta ripoff in IDW.

While I understand that theory, tbh I just think it's the folly of expecting a serious/mature story from Happy Tree Friends writers.
And Madworld which is criminally underappericated I feel which probably also explains why the attempt failed, because Ken Pontac and Warren Graff were only experienced in adult oriented edge and not furry edge

And Madworld which is criminally underappericated I feel which probably also explains why the attempt failed, because Ken Pontac and Warren Graff were only experienced in adult oriented edge and not furry edge
Ofc I don't blame them. I mean imagining hiring new writers that have zero knowledge of the franchise? (minus the normie surface level stuff that even a grandma would know).

Ofc I don't blame them. I mean imagining hiring new writers that have zero knowledge of the franchise? (minus the normie surface level stuff that even a grandma would know).
It can work tbf, it's just that I feel it doesn't happen often and it requires writers who have experience in that field of genre.
Considering SEGA hired two guys who only focused on adult content and who have stated in interviews they knew nothing about Sonic whatsoever outside of clips on YouTube, even as a kid I knew the level of writing felt lackluster at points compared to my ventures on the GameCube games and Unleashed

It can work tbf, it's just that I feel it doesn't happen often and it requires writers who have experience in that field of genre.
Considering SEGA hired two guys who only focused on adult content and who have stated in interviews they knew nothing about Sonic whatsoever outside of clips on YouTube, even as a kid I knew the level of writing felt lackluster at points compared to my ventures on the GameCube games and Unleashed
It's almost like being a fan of the franchise helps. Regardless it kinda feels like Sega used them as a scapegoat for the Sonic fandom's wrath (even though Sega hired them in the first place and they made it clear they knew next to nothing about Sonic).

Sega is notorious for "learning" the wrong lessons but I digress in the matter.

Well, at least that explains why there's not much lore in the series that is relevant more than once, which is more than what Mario gets, but still.

Thank god I'm getting this on PC, this looks absolutely atrocious and is one of the worst Switch ports ever
The PC version is the least glitchy (naturally) however there are some known audio and cutscene issues but I think there are mostly minor or annoying at worst.
I’m getting this on ps4 but I have a ps5 so yeah
Be forewarned the PS4 version is next glitchest version (after the Switch) there've been multiple reports of the game crashing or freezing in Aquarium Park or against Metal Sonic plus a couple of issues with save files getting corrupted or deleted (it's mostly related to the red rings iirc).

That said there's no guarantee you'll encounter these glitches, some folks have played the Switch version with little to no noticeable issues whatsoever but it's best to "be prepared".

Just imagine Cyberpunk 2077 on the Switch tho?

So the guys behind Mass Effect Legendary Edition huh? You know if they wanted a Switch port, they should've asked for Panic Button to do it with their wizardry in porting games to Switch

Good thing they didn’t ask for a big red button. Am I right?

sorry
It should be common knowledge now that BRB weren't the main reason Boom RoL failed. They were lead into believing that the game would be on PC and PS4/Xbone but Sega forced them to port the game as well as the engine to the Wii U as an exclusive (mid-development), they had to scrap all their original concepts to tie-in to the TV show (such as the original story, ancient Chao, much of the lore, etc) and ofc release the game with Nintendo's (non-negotiable) contracted deadline. Suffice to say BRB got screwed... :/

These days BRB are doing decently for themselves as an indie developer (go figure).

Back