• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some offensive examples of conceptual manipulation?

Well, you attack someone on the (usually) deepest level of their existence, something which conventional durability doesn't protect against. Or literally hit someone with the concept of an offensive ability or desire e.g. willing the concept of death onto someone. Most of the time though, concepts in themselves aren't actually offensive constructs in any way.

Although, the effects of conceptual damage effects varies from verse to verse, but it generally works by rewitting the natural/universal laws/forces into a target, like attacking a non-corporeal by forcing "form" into them, bypassing invulnerability by inducing "weakness", killing immortals by applying "mortality", etc.

So.....if i have concept manipulation, and i am island level and my opponent is planet level, i can put the concept of weak on him so he will be weaker then me?

Ultra instinct issei said:
So.....if i have concept manipulation, and i am island level and my opponent is planet level, i can put the concept of weak on him so he will be weaker then me?
If he doen't resist and your concept-hax are potent enough, definitely. It'd have to be a Type 3 concept or higher to be the most effective though.

In Toaru Majutsu No Index, Aleister Crowley used the Archetype Controller for several things that could be considered giving himself an advantage: Making the world see Magic and Science as two seperate systems, two seperate sides, and getting Kihara Enshuu to hole herself up inside a prison, and think it was her own idea.

There's probably a reason Crowley doesn't use the Archetype Controller during the Aleister Crowley or Coronzon arc. My guess is that it requires some setup beforehand, or takes time to actually go into full effect. Several characters who knew what they were talking about said that due to the Archetype Controller, Crowley is an "insurmountable being", and that fighting him would result in a "fate worse than death".

Ultra instinct issei said:
so, can you kill a being with non created physiology by forcing the concept of death on it?
If you mean killing it on a conceptual level with the concept of death then sure. Of course, mechanics also have to be considered.

Back