• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sollux Captor vs. Tsuyo Kageyama

Jackythejack

They/Them
Tsuyo decides to bean a nerd. Nerd isn't happy about it and fights back. Hilarity ensues. Speed is equalized (also wtf is Sollux's speed stat lol) and fight takes place in, you guessed it, central park. Starting range is 50 meters

Sollux Captor

Tsuyo Kageyama

Last edited:
I don't think we see Sollux use his sleep manipulation in many combat scenarios, specifically because Eridan killed him with a big ol' laser when Sollux had the opportunity to do that, and he doesn't use it on any grunts as far as we can see.

Sollux has only used his sleep manipulation on the bees. It was as quick as a snap of his fingers, but I don't think that Sollux would do that in this case. Trolls are naturally violent so that might mean he wouldn't go for an incap.

His levitation is likely a side effect of his telekinesis, likely just using it on himself to get around from place to place. Besides that, his telekinesis is mainly used for grabbing objects and throwing them at people instead of throwing the people himself. Specifically when he had a clash with Eridan he didn't do that to him for whatever reason. That's more Aradia's thing anyways. Odds are he'd be taking surrounding objects from his environment (or just meteors from space tbh) and using them as weapons.

His energy manipulation works like Cyclops. It shoots from his eyes.

His precognitions is limited in a way. We don't see him use it in anything relevant to combat. He predicts doom, like Alternia being destroyed, him losing his eyesight and inevitably dying twice.

I see. So Tsuyo could theoretically copy the eye beams but it's not gonna be more useful than his normal Mana stuff. If we go by SBA, Tsuyo would be willing to kill so not much issue there on morality.

Then, the objects being thrown, Tsuyo's barrier could simply reduce them to nothing or very little. It depends on the type of meteors but I think those can be handled too? Exploding them with mana or slashing through them could do the job.

The main issue I see is the range, given Sollux can pretty much TK from other universes but if there's a set distance I think Tsuyo takes it high diff? I think the intelligence could matter but not sure.

Also if a bone ever gets exposed as a result of a clash, Tsuyo could take advantage of that. But only probably.

Tsuyo also would try places where it would really hurt so he'd probably also go for low blows or eventually, eye strikes. Can Sollux still use his stuff well when blinded?

What do you think would be an okay range for the fight to make it fair.

I think the intelligence is important enough. While not super heavily combat focused Sollux would know to switch things up if he obviously sees chucking trees or buildings just not work. While he doesn't immediately start with ragdolling Tsuyo, he might if he realizes he has no other choice outside of potential eye beams.

Would his eyebeams be relevant in anyway? They're pretty big. Generally speaking they're about the size of his entire person if not a bit bigger.

Sollux has generally worked surprisingly well while blinded, and it doesn't seem like he relies too much on his sight. The most you could argue is that he might not be able to aim his eye beams incredibly well. I think his minor amounts of precognition could help him realize he needs to keep his eyes protected, though, if needed. Even then, though, I'm not riding on that argument. I think if Tsuyo tries to attack his eyes he just does a classic dragon ball beam clash.

I see, so it depends on whether Tsuyo can actually put down Sollux before he eventually ragdolls Tsuyo. Since well, Tsuyo has no way to fight back being ragdolled (especially with the LS gap being as big as it is)

And no idea what would be a good range since like, idk how range works in SBA and idk what would be fair and all-

Eyebeams could be useful if they're pretty big yeah, dunno if Tsuyo can match their size but hypothetically he could copy them if hit enough times. Though he'd defo try defending against them.

I'll set it to about 50 meters.

But yeah it's essentially times to see if Tsuyo can take down Sollux before he decides Tsuyo is enough of a threat to like chuck into space or something like that.

As for the eye blasts themselves they're pretty big so I don't know if Tsuyo could reasonably defend himself against a continuous beam of this, or even individual attacks from Sollux. He loves to rangespam. Never been in a face to face confrontation in his life lol.

Hm, I guess it depends on Sollux's height to determine how big they are but it does seem to be pretty big. I feel like Tsuyo could probably manuver around it though, but not sure.

Also Tsuyo can try and shorten the distance with mana hops and stuff. But I don't think that's gonna help him against straight up levitation.

Unfortunately the heights for Homestuck characters have never been mentioned smh.

I do think mana hops would be interesting to think about, but ultimately if he gets too close Sollux could potentially try to float away more. Keeping Sollux on the move works for a bit, and I doubt it'd make him resort to TK right away, but it would only work for so long.

Any other quick questions about Sollux you have?

Well I guess the final thing to do is to just give a verdict lol.

I personally think that Sollux has this? His beams are really big and he can play a good game of keepaway. I don't think it's impossible for Tsuyo to get some good shots in, granted, but it'll be difficult to capitalize on it. They both basically have the same stuff it's just that Sollux has stuff that's slightly more useful.

If you want to give your own vote you can but I think Sollux could take this high diff.

Back