• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

so um, Dio(Dio vs Alucard discussion)

Would the population of justice town combined result in in a higher tier or something? Also some of the illusions I believe were physical objects too so like, maybe there is some kind of higher tier creation feat here

Nah, the population literally doesnt matter, we actually see shots of the town, we can simply get the sizes from that, which unfortunately, is quite a bit less then number density would have you to think.

The saving grace is that the fog extends beyond the tiny ass town into the mountain a bit, but even then it ain't hitting the previous result.

Maybe, though creation feats wouldn't scale to anything directly without substantial and direct evidence.

It just occurred to me after watching the scene again that Star Platinum only sucked in the head of justice, not the whole thing
So this whole thing has been a dead end then

hmm
what's the debunk for the sun stand being town level again? perhaps it's still possible it could be stronger
also it looks like the manga doesn't say that he only sucked in the head of justice, so that might possibly be able to be calculated once again (if anybody is willing to waste a ton of time on it)
also the white album statement could definitely be exaggerated or something, but out of curiosity I wonder what it would take to just freeze big waves on a lowball

hmm
what's the debunk for the sun stand being town level again? perhaps it's still possible it could be stronger
also it looks like the manga doesn't say that he only sucked in the head of justice, so that might possibly be able to be calculated once again (if anybody is willing to waste a ton of time on it)
also the white album statement could definitely be exaggerated or something, but out of curiosity I wonder what it would take to just freeze big waves on a lowball
It's not town, it's city level. (Calced it for someone a few months ago, like 6 megaton).
There is no debunk, it just doesn't scale to literally anything, it's just lol heat warming up the area because it's a big ass ball of plasma, it can't exactly put that energy into an offensive attack, the same way a solar flare only emits 6-B energy despite it being a literal star.
It's just environmental "destruction".

And yeah, SP clearly sucked in the majority of the fog, not just the head, they even state he's sucking it all in, and then the next panel has clear sky. But that wouldn't help, everything I've said has been under the assumption he sucked up all the fog in the air, if he didnt the feat would be like maybe 9-C. Tbh I kinda wish calcing it was feasible, I wouldn't mind tacking on a Star Platinum durability feat.

It's not town, it's city level.
There is no debunk, it just doesn't scale to literally anything, it's just lol heat warming up the area because it's a big ass ball of plasma, it can't exactly put that energy into an offensive attack, the same way a solar flare only emits 6-B energy despite it being a literal star.
It's just environmental "destruction".
makes sense
And yeah, SP clearly sucked in the majority of the fog, not just the head, they even state he's sucking it all in, and then the next panel has clear sky. But that wouldn't help, everything I've said has been under the assumption he sucked up all the fog in the air, if he didnt the feat would be like maybe 9-C. Tbh I kinda wish calcing it was feasible, I wouldn't mind tacking on a Star Platinum durability feat.
looked into it a bit more, and I actually think there's evidence to support justice's creation feat
the crusaders do touch many things in the town that later disappear
mainly joseph and the whole fake car thing, which later turned into an actual spike, as well as him grabbing onto something with hermit purple
the only issues I can find is if it can scale to anything, similar to what you said for the sun
but I think there might be more potential with justice, since if the wiki treats creation feats as AP then star platinum should scale from it maybe

I also just had another idea (sorry for all this random stuff but I'm just using this thread to brainstorm rn, not sure if most of what I'm saying is gonna end up being correct or not) but if Star Platinum scales above strength stand then could that go to like a slightly higher tier or something?
and if it scales above the large high priestess (not just the diamond teeth, like the whole thing) then would that be a higher tier?

and then one last thing
white album being able to reach absolute 0? theoretically, what would the AP of something like that be
if he really did imply that then the statement of freezing the sea might be acceptable, which could be the easy way out for tier 7 jojo

Don't get your hopes high with anime planet waves. Outlier still exist and 8-B is an outlier.

So, the only hope is planet waves with anime timeframe?
Not really, there's more to it then just "smaller timeframe = better ap", it has to check off a lot of things, and then also make sure not to portray them as normal meteor speed but super giga fast in the atmosphere opposed to what the manga does.

(Because reminder, even if they come from thousands of km away, 99% of that is in the vacuum of space, once they hit earth they slow down and begin to burn up due to the resistance, and this is actually how Planet Waves itself works, it's outright mentioned that this is a factor thus it doesn't matter how fast they are in space, what matters is how fast they are when they actually begin to burn up and when Jolyne deflected, and they're played off as, extremely fast yes, but because they're meteors not because they're like doing 40000km a second).

At the moment, using normal meteor speed is safe and probably optimal, given they're played off as well, normal meteors, (you could maybe use shooting star speed as high end?), but they're obviously not rel when it matters, given normal dudes can talk over them and notice them in the sky, kinda like, well, irl meteors.

Unless the anime makes them fly by in that scene in like a frame or two anyway, if it does that then yeah I guess using the timeframe in the anime flatout without any restrictions might be a thing, but it has to do a handful of things like that in order for it to work.

Edit: Maybe we can use the timeframe when it begins burning up? That way we know it's already been effected by the drag, but we'll have to see what that ends up as, whether good or bad.

since if the wiki treats creation feats as AP then star platinum should scale from it maybe.

We actually don't, or well, we do, but only for the creation itself, in order, to scale it, we need reason to believe it scales flat out to all types of its AP.

Also as I mentioned above, the creation of the fog and stuff is 8-B using the area presented, but, there's a caveat to this, that only works if it was done within 1 second, if Justice took any longer, you'd need to divide the yield for every second it took, needless to say you can see how that becomes a huge issue.

but if Star Platinum scales above strength stand then could that go to like a slightly higher tier or something? and if it scales above the large high priestess (not just the diamond teeth, like the whole thing) then would that be a higher tier?

If upgrades end up going through he'd be above them without scaling via direct feats so don't worry to much about it.

white album being able to reach absolute 0? theoretically, what would the AP of something like that be

Nothing on its own besides decent hax and manip, depends how it interacts with things.

if he really did imply that then the statement of freezing the sea might be acceptable, which could be the easy way out for tier 7 jojo

Still wouldn't, because 1. That'd be an actual hilarious outlier. 2. It'd be ice manip, which wouldn't scale to physicals without explicit statements, so it wouldn't scale to anyone except GER who has such a statement.

Lads, tier 7 JoJo isn't happening, we'd need like a dozen feats of that caliber, not one or two weird roundabout feats that you have to stretch to scale in the first place, its not just about AP, we need some semblance of consistency. At the moment, there quite simply isn't enough to make it solid.
So like, unless Hirohiko comes out and starts dropping a bunch of ridiculous statements like "Plat punches with the force of a cruise missile" or "King Crimson can shatter a kilometer worth of land" and JoJolands ends up being broken as ****, at the moment, with what we have, anything above tier 8 is impossible (excluding environmental stuff and hax, I'm mostly talking about physical statistics).

Do original timeline stands scales to sbr timeline stands?
Ask again at a later time, we'll cover that eventually.

That's a seemingly controversial topic so it's best to debate that when everything is sorted out.

I̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶h̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶y̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶o̶.̶

Not really, there's more to it then just "smaller timeframe = better ap", it has to check off a lot of things, and then also make sure not to portray them as normal meteor speed but super giga fast in the atmosphere opposed to what the manga does.

(Because reminder, even if they come from thousands of km away, 99% of that is in the vacuum of space, once they hit earth they slow down and begin to burn up due to the resistance, and this is actually how Planet Waves itself works, it's outright mentioned that this is a factor thus it doesn't matter how fast they are in space, what matters is how fast they are when they actually begin to burn up and when Jolyne deflected, and they're played off as, extremely fast yes, but because they're meteors not because they're like doing 40000km a second).

At the moment, using normal meteor speed is safe and probably optimal, given they're played off as well, normal meteors, (you could maybe use shooting star speed as high end?), but they're obviously not rel when it matters, given normal dudes can talk over them and notice them in the sky, kinda like, well, irl meteors.

Unless the anime makes them fly by in that scene in like a frame or two anyway, if it does that then yeah I guess using the timeframe in the anime flatout without any restrictions might be a thing, but it has to do a handful of things like that in order for it to work.

Edit: Maybe we can use the timeframe when it begins burning up? That way we know it's already been effected by the drag, but we'll have to see what that ends up as, whether good or bad.

We actually don't, or well, we do, but only for the creation itself, in order, to scale it, we need reason to believe it scales flat out to all types of its AP.

Also as I mentioned above, the creation of the fog and stuff is 8-B using the area presented, but, there's a caveat to this, that only works if it was done within 1 second, if Justice took any longer, you'd need to divide the yield for every second it took, needless to say you can see how that becomes a huge issue.

If upgrades end up going through he'd be above them without scaling via direct feats so don't worry to much about it.

Nothing on its own besides decent hax and manip, depends how it interacts with things.

Still wouldn't, because 1. That'd be an actual hilarious outlier. 2. It'd be ice manip, which wouldn't scale to physicals without explicit statements, so it wouldn't scale to anyone except GER who has such a statement.

Lads, tier 7 JoJo isn't happening, we'd need like a dozen feats of that caliber, not one or two weird roundabout feats that you have to stretch to scale in the first place, its not just about AP, we need some semblance of consistency. At the moment, there quite simply isn't enough to make it solid.
So like, unless Hirohiko comes out and starts dropping a bunch of ridiculous statements like "Plat punches with the force of a cruise missile" or "King Crimson can shatter a kilometer worth of land" and JoJolands ends up being broken as ****, at the moment, with what we have, anything above tier 8 is impossible (excluding environmental stuff and hax, I'm mostly talking about physical statistics).
Ok well thanks for that
I have literally nothing left to add so um
Not sure what will become of this thread, higher number tier jojo seems like a complete impossibility now

Spins off have based as **** feats actually, just yesterday I got a tier 7 feat for noncanon.

araki really be making the main timeline starve
but it's probably not one of his priorities regardless, so whatever
still though he really gonna let some non canon jack the ripper or something have a higher tier than GER

araki really be making the main timeline starve
but it's probably not one of his priorities regardless, so whatever
still though he really gonna let some non canon jack the ripper or something have a higher tier than GER
Noncanon Narancia but close.

Not even close, in order for an explosion to even hit tier 8, it needs to be like, 30m wide, and that's ground burst.
That's actually why Narancia is at 9-B, zero scaling and his best feats just 9-B, that being heavy caliber machine guns and tiny bombs, but the bombs themselves don't show anything above like 9-B+.

ok well tier 7 jojo is impossible for good this time then
unfortunate, but I suppose that's what happens when you watch an episode of death battle

Still waiting for the chad Unquantifiably above High 8-C+ Peak Jotaro.. I NEED HIM FOR MORE MATCHEESSSS

Back