• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So, uh… y’all like numbers? (Naruto Revisions Part 2.5: Calc Replacements)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
It’s been a while, huh?

I’m finally back with a Naruto revision, but it’s nothing too major, so don’t get too excited. This thread is meant to replace the current 7-B placeholder calc and make some very minor scaling adjustments.

Now, I’m sure some of you might be asking; “Why does the 7-B calc need to be replaced?” Well, that’s quite simple. Kisame didn’t perform the feat by himself.

C stated that he could sense B and Gyūki’s chakra mixed into the Water Bubble, with Darui stating that it’s “way too obvious” that Kisame had absorbed B and Gyūki’s chakra (Chapter 473). So it’s not a feat for base Kisame and can’t scale to the other characters.

With that out of the way, let’s get into the new stuff.
Here are the calcs we have to use:
Jūgo's Chakra Blast: Low 7-C+ (5.44 kilotons)
Gaara's Sand Tsunami: 7-C (14.90 kilotons)
Yamato Creates Water: 7-C (14.13 kilotons)
Naruto Vaporizes Water: 7-C (16.06 kilotons)
KN0 Stops Orochimaru's Snake: 7-C (17.92 kilotons)
Jirobo's Shogekishou: 7-C (35.41 kilotons)
Tsunade Stops Manda: 7-C (52.53 kilotons)

Now, before I get into the actual changes, I want to make something very clear. This is NOT a rescale thread. The changes in this thread are very minor are only affect these characters. DO NOT try to make major changes or restructure the verse’s scaling. I will not hesitate to give thread bans to people who can’t follow this rule.

The scaling adjustments:
All of them should have the baseline jōnin justification of scaling to the Sound Four added to their pre-existing attack potency justifications.
His 8-A tier should just be removed, as there is nothing supporting it, and he never fights physically.
In his Sasuke Retrieval key, his tier with Shadow Possession should be Small Town level+ since he restrained CS1 Tayuya and forced her to transform into CS2 in order to escape (Chapter 208). This is already noted on his profile, we just mistakenly tiered him at Multi-City Block level instead of Small Town level+.
Kakashi just gets ‘higher with Mangekyō Sharingan’ added to his stats in his first key.
In his Kazekage Rescue key, Gaara’s tier with his sand should be “[Deidara’s durability tier], up to 7-B” since his City level+ calc was done by taking external sand from the desert, not by using his personal sand. With his personal sand, he could easily crush Deidara’s arm (Chapter 248).
Physically, he should be given the baseline jōnin treatment, but his Golem Jutsu should scale to killing a White Zetsu (Chapter 466) in AP and tanking one of Deidara’s bombs (Chapter 514) in durability.
High 7-A Konohamaru, lessgooooo

Okay, but in all seriousness, Konohamaru should be Unknown physically and scale to Pain’s low-end tier with his Rasengan, and only with his Rasengan. The Rasengan that Konohamaru used to defeat the Naraka Path is heavily implied to be his first Rasengan (Chapter 428), and as such, it shouldn’t scale to his physical stats, similar to Part I Naruto’s Rasengan during the Search for Tsunade and Sasuke Retrieval Arc.

Here is a sandbox to show everyone with majorly changed justifications. Everyone not listed here has the exact same justification that they currently do, the only changes will be their tiers.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the references at the bottom of the sandbox are broken because most justifications were copied from their original pages. They won’t be broken when they actually get applied.

Ok so very few issues with the scaling in the sandbox but I have no idea if it’s appropriate for this thread

All of the scaling, aside from the isolated things mentioned in the OP, were accepted in prior revisions, so no, it’s not appropriate for this thread.

Maybe the feat once it gets evaluated should be moved to the Akatsuki Suppression Mission key as a supporting feat.

I would argue cause the characters are far lower than they should be, but I only rlly care about inverse scaling anyways so 😭

Wait a sec, I just gave it a quick skim and am very confused about this.
The Rasengan that Konohamaru used to defeat the Naraka Path is heavily implied to be his first Rasengan (Chapter 428), and as such, it shouldn’t scale to his physical stats, similar to Part I Naruto’s Rasengan during the Search for Tsunade and Sasuke Retrieval Arc.
What does it being his first Rasengan have to do with anything? Was it ever implied that makes it stronger? I mean I agree Rasengan>physicals anyways but this is just so random.

Uh...that doesn't answer the question.
Apparently later versions of Naruto that use Rasengan are so used to the chakra output that they can output the same amount of chakra they do in a rasengan in their regular physicals, since he's much more experienced with it.
Early Naruto doesn't fall under this though.

Same applies for Konohamaru

Because the Rasengan initially allows the user to concentrate their chakra better and hit far above their pay grade but once the user gets stronger and better at controlling their chakra, it's just another standard technique for them.

Apparently later versions of Naruto that use Rasengan are so used to the chakra output that they can output the same amount of chakra they do in a rasengan in their regular physicals, since he's much more experienced with it.
Early Naruto doesn't fall under this though.

Same applies for Konohamaru
The point of the Rasengan is that its the peak of change in form and rotation and density tho 😭 And it's still implied to be his strongest jutsu in P2

I mean, the Rasengan isn't portrayed as being immensely stronger and hitting people way above his pay grade in P2 either, so...

I mean, the Rasengan isn't portrayed as being immensely stronger and hitting people way above his pay grade in P2 either, so...
Minato stabbing Obito just pierced through part of his abdomen, while his Rasengan pretty much melted off his arm.

The point of the Rasengan is that its the peak of change in form and rotation and density tho 😭 And it's still implied to be his strongest jutsu in P2

Uhh, this scan is about the still-to-be-developed Rasenshuriken....

Anyway, this is extremely irrelevant like the others have said.

With these new revisions, at least the major problem I had with some of the character pages and scaling is gone. Naruto and Sasuke's 7-C Rasengan and Chidori were capable of hurting Kabuto, a 7-B character, but now that the characters have downscaled to 7-C, the scaling fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back