• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So since Sephiroth is 4-A now, does that make Tifa, Cloud, and such 4-A too?

Sorry, I know I've been pretty slow on the issue. But, if it's not much issue let me handle it, it will be ready by this weekend at most. I have my reasons for it, mostly regarding the links and backups and reasoning (not wanting to simply say "defeated Sephiroth" and such). Input is more than welcome, though. And I apologize for the delays.

Cloud was upgraded yesterday, forgot to mention it here. Working on the rest of the party right now, the process should be quicker as with Cloud I had to gather most links and he has most explanations shared by everyone, not to mention he has the most keys.

Yup, I am gonna be at it for a while. The Turks, Rufus, Shinra Machines also have their profiles made but not yet added to the site, so that's like 8 more.

In my opinion, I think we should be carious when making "defeating the final boss" scale since the final boss is not fighting only one opponent and (especially for people like Sephiroth) we don't know the clear and GM-free battle process.

In my opinion, I think we should be carious when making "defeating the final boss" scale since the final boss is not fighting only one opponent and (especially for people like Sephiroth) we don't know the clear and GM-free battle process.
Why are you talking like we're still deciding the scaling when the scaling from Sephiroth was already counted as legit?

Okay. That is fine, but we need to decide which characters that do scale.

Quick question, why does Zack Fair scale from Sephiroth? Didn't he die long before the fight with Safer Sephiroth and only had showings of being comparable to Base Sephiroth?

Zack's profile is horribly outdated and is one of the profiles I've been working on off-site but never touched in the wiki proper due to the amount of work it needs. As you say, he just scales to Pre-Lifestream Sephiroth, he's currently a 4-B because for a while it was considered that Summons like Bahamut Fury could count as Solar System level because their Pocket Dimensions were large enough to contain a Solar System, bumping them from the Typhon feat (scaling to, I think 3 KiloFoe or so, compared to the 178 MegaFoe of the Supernova). However, in the current CRT it was discussed that since there is no evidence that Summons create their dimensions, the 4-B rating should go back to High 5-A. The same will be applied to Angeal and Genesis.

Another wall that I hit right now is an issue that Efficiente brought up, I didn't actually got a proper calc for the new ratings and was using standard calcs for starry sky and baseline galaxy as placeholders. Which is a not so minor screw up on my part given I am upgrading the upper tier of a verse. So I am actually asking around to see if I can get that as well.

Okay, just noticed that there has been a misunderstanding and Zack and Genesis were upgraded to 4-A to 3-C as well and that's what Medeus meant. I could have sworn they were still a 4-B. As I mentioned above, Zack scales to Typhon by virtue of smacking Bahamut Fury and that upscales Sephiroth, but Zack, and by extensions Genesis, don't scale to the Supernova. I reverted those changes in the meantime and explained the issue in the History section of the profile.

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

What is left to do here?

Back