• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So apperantly the world of reality stone is a multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that we will have to interpret it as a a tongue in cheek joke about the nature of comicbooks, rather than a case of serious powerscaling.

Within the same event the Infinity Gems were established as being mined or created by the Celestials, and they certainly are not that high up the hierarchy.

Uhmm... Why wouldn't we ? To me this is another supporting feat that the Celestials are constantly (and consistently) being retconned to higher levels of power IMHO.

Do you honestly think that the Celestials view all of the infinite-dimensional Marvel multiverse as nothing more than fiction based on a metafictional gag?

... I considered it was both a gag and a feat to be fair with it... So yes. Plus it doesn't necessarily contradict anything because Celestials were only really surpassed cosmology wise by Multiversal Abstracts, and even in some retcons are portrayed comparable .... So me saying that isn't as foolish as you believe it to be.

Well, we obviously cannot rescale all of our Marvel cosmic entities profiles based on something as unreliable as a metafictional gag.

I understand your logic. I would get you if it was a mere gag that was contradicted literally the next line. That's how regular gags work. They have their moment but are gone because it doesn't matter to the overall plot . It did matter because it was a essential plot point to how Sleepwalker was able to find Man-Thing. That is why I believe it can be used in some form or fashion. Because it's a essential plot point that is uncontradicted whatsoever and used to help point the characters in the right direction.

Sending Sleepwalker to another infinity gem is not remotely proof of all cosmic entities transcending the multiverse in a reality-fiction difference manner.

Wait. Hold up:

1. 1: Look at my reply. I never stated "every cosmic abstract" would be affected. I said we could potentially use this in "some form or fashion" . I'm not that desperate to upgrade everyone. It would only affect those who scale to the Celestials + Above Levels at best... And even then I'm unsure that'll be accepted.
  1. 2: This was taking place within the Reality Gem, a pocket reality containing he stories of each of the worlds within it. It essentially acted identical to Gutter Space but on a far greater scale.
  1. 3: I stated it proved that the Reality Gem contains these stories within it as a pocket dimensions above . Him being teleported inside the Reality Gem is relatively Irrelevant considering it still contains those stories within it as individual worlds where said things took place... Whether he was teleported in or not.

Marvel is constantly overstating its own fictionality nowadays. That is not grounds for interpreting it in a general in-universe Umineko manner.

I am busy and would prefer to close this thread.

Let's just say that reality stone users may have a pseudo-cosmic awareness though it (along with everything that comes with access to a pocket universe).

I am neutral on this. It certainly matches some of the higher-ends feats for the Infinity Stones but it's also way out there in terms of cosmology.

Yes. I don't want us to make exaggerated upgrades based on a joke.

I never said to upgrade this. I just wanted to post it that is why it's in general discussion. But anyway i guess Matthew is right.

But didn't IG get an recton if I remember correctly?

I think this is a bit too tounge and cheek to be a feat, with the story obviously making out that everything is a joke, even the clerk both knew about the Reality Stone and was very casual when a Cthulhu-looking being stole a customer.

Yeah... But it has been retconned time & time again, to lower & higher levels. This isn't something abnormal. It actually matches up with the higher end feats of the IG perfectly.

Wait... What cosmology ? The IG in terms of cosmology with it's highest level feats was portrayed either on par or above Abstract Level. Nothing lower or higher unless PIS was in play. And even then the lowest cosmology wise they have been is slightly weaker than the Mad Celestials, who feat wise during Hickman's Run is > The Ultimate Nullifier ( Which was stated in comic as capable of destroying the Crossroads of Infinity/Negative Zone in Hickman's Run ) ... So even that isn't a inconsistency issue TBQF .

Also.... We've used tongue and cheek gags to give revisions to people before in-site . Like Beerus' resistance to Toonforce & his Hakai affecting Ghosts. So why can't we use it to revise something now ?

To be fair, things being purely abstract beings/thought and being above it isn't enough for Infinite D or really anything. It means abstract existence.

Again, it would be extremely silly and unreliable to revise Marvel's entire cosmology based on a brief metafiction gag, and I am getting very tired of this discussion.

Antvasima said:
Again, it would be extremely silly and unreliable to revise Marvel's entire cosmology based on a brief metafiction gag, and I am getting very tired of this discussion.
Exactly.

Considering Marvel takes it self too seriously, a Gag scene like that shouldn't be accepted.

To contrast, Dragon Ball was always a comedy/Gag anime, Goku going to the Moon when he was a kid.

Him teleporting into Bulma's bedroom while she's drying herself off from a shower.

Him pulling Beerus' nose in their fight.

Antvasima said:
Yeah, but this would only scale to TOAA right? Not saying IG has it or anything

TOAA is already scaled from viewing Oblivion as fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back