• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So about the Mythos' Gates

Let me prefix this by saying that i am still not certain about alot of things that i will be saying in this post. My intent is not to downgrade the Mythos, especially at a time like this. Which is why this isn't a CRT. I have posted my findings on a few knowledgeable member's, to see what they had to say. So far, I have recieved no reply and that's ok, they have other priorities, I completely understand that. However, I think it's about time I bring this topic to the public, per say. I will be linking what I posted on Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot' Wall regarding this topic. I have gathered more evidence I would like to get into later, but as of right now this is what I want to display. I genuinely want to hear your guys' thoughts on the matter. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot?useskin=oasis It should be on the second page of his Wall

Azathoth is MIA for the most part, as far as I am concerned I am one of the most knowledgable members of the Cthulhu Mythos at the moment so I will get to looking at it when done with schoolwork

The first gate is outside of time. Given how time works in the Cthulhu Mythos that is at least High 2-A to be outside of it. Carter is still referenced as dimensionally bound.

The Ultimate Gate is the second one, and is comprised of a multiplicity of gates, which goes from High 2-A to 1-A/High 1-A

The vacua in Hypnos all go up to 1-A/High 1-A, especially after what I have discovered from Kull whic his canon to the Cthulhu Mythos

Well I agree with the the firs part. Th First Gate I described as where higher dimensions coalesce. The area beyond the Ultimate Gate is described as "outside dimensions", it's definitely 1-A. The thing with Hypnos is that voids can also be described when speaking of higher dimensions in Lovecraft. I will provide the evidence later, once I get home

To support my claim, I will be using "Dreams in the Witch House" So our protagonist in that book is travelling to other worlds (dimensions) in his sleep. There is a passage which mentions "Gilman's dreams consisted largely in plunges through limitless abysses of inexplicably coloured twilight and baffingly disordered sound; abysses whose material and gravitational properties, and whose relation to his own entity, he could not even begin to explain. He did not walk or climb, fly or swim, crawl or wriggle; yet always experienced a mode of motion partly voluntary and partly involuntary." Now this sounds similar to the "plunges" as described in "Hypnos". Later, we are told what the voids actually are. Quote "In the deeper dreams everything was likewise more distinct, and Gilman felt that the twilight abysses around him were those of the fourth dimension."

The blog does explain the connections between the various authors (and I agree we needed to establish who would be considered canon and who wasn't). Still, the same key words are used for both characters. One is vague, the other flat out states he is in a higher dimension. So how can we be sure one is beyond dimensions and the other isn't? Genuinely, because they described in a very similar fashion. Not to mention, there are a few people that say that Hypnos passed through the First Gate, but that doesn't make sense. The area beyond the First Gate is dimensionally bound, so he traversed from dimensionless realms to... a dimensional realm and that's what drove him mad?

So it doesn't make sense for Hypnos to have crosses the First Gate after all of that, which I believe is the common accepted explanation. That would mean he died from crossing into dimensionless realms into a higher dimensional realm

That is very outdated, I am still in a wip, but my blogs expand upon and better elaborate and clean up Azzy's blogs

Yeah, Azzy's blog is very useful to get a grasp of the power of Mythos, but it doesn't elaborate much on this subject. Especially since I believe in it it is stated that the realm of Umr-At-Tawil is 1-A, but I don't think it is. I talked about that on his Wall a while back

If Hypnos is dimensionless and the gate (1st) is 1-A so it make senses to made him mad and insane but what now seem non senses to me.

Oh TF Ultimate Gods are 1A+ or High 1A for they trans their avatars who trans other 1A who trans 1A realms.

Well alot of the scaling hinges on the First Gate being 1-A from my knowledge. But if you have read this post aswell as my other powt on Azzy's blog then you would understand why i don't think it is.

AlexZiggy said:
Well alot of the scaling hinges on the First Gate being 1-A from my knowledge. But if you have read this post aswell as my other powt on Azzy's blog then you would understand why i don't think it is.
What about the Outer Gods transcending dimensionless beings the way the latter transcend humanity? Would that be 1-A+ or High 1-A?

AlexZiggy said:
What about the Outer Gods transcending dimensionless beings the way the latter transcend humanity? Would that be 1-A+ or High 1-A?

Well the Outer Gods are 1-A, no matter what. The realm of the Archetypes is clearly dimensionless, encompasses all previous worlds. The discussion here is how far into 1-A they actually are. I am aware of the outerversal changes, though not exactly what those changes are, last I checked people were still debating on what should actually be implemented, so as of right now I wouldn't be able to answer. That said, I will be talking more about transcendence later on, currently this was only about the Gates and their place in the scaling chain.

Back