• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smash Bros Canonicity Topic Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Last edited by a moderator:
>Just one user brings up a topic about three times

>Site flamewars

Wow, this surely ended worse than Goku Vs. Superman, at least as this was done more sporadically, it didn´t really affected the state of the wiki, but it surely affected the mood of some users in a bad way.

It´s likely that the rule goes like:

"Please don´t attemp to relate Super Smash Bros. as canon in any way or shape to the involved franchises. Even if they fit in the Canon Crossovers section, they not only are very ambiguous in terms of canon, but also can´t really be considered as canon for those without basing it in a lot of headcanon and assumptions to the point it´s a borderline fanfiction and brings a bad mood to the users, as seen here, here and lastly here."

Well it was either that or we ban you for continously ignoring logic and bringing it up after we tell you to stop, though you're a good guy I think, so it's something I'd rather not do. Also, pretty sure its been brought up in the past a lot as well.

Well we would have to remove the "Even if they fit in the Canon Crossovers section", as it doesn't.

I am fine with if we write a discussion rule for this, to avoid repeatedly wasting the staff's time.

This thread should not be under "Wiki Management" though, but either the "General" or "Staff" forums are fine.

This should also lead to a rule that hasn´t been written:

"Don´t attemp to make profiles for the Super Smash Bros encarnations of the involved characters either, as they not only would be redundant, but they will be basically their main profile on steroids, we have the Kirby profile for that as an example in case it may be needed for characters that are featless in Smash Bros.".

This also leads to upgrade Smash Kirby to Low 2-C via scaling to Master Hand, right?

Their main profiles generally have more abilities and better "other" stats (like range or intelligence) so I feel like saying the main profile on steroids is a bit misleading.

And while I'm not exactly in the loop of how we scale smash, I'm pretty sure there is a reason no one other than the hands, tabuu, and giga bowser are low 2-C

Well, somebody needs to write a draft for a new regulation text in any case.

Well, ther intelligence should scale as they work like Xenoverse Goku (aka, basically the same backstory but different current events).

As for the Low 2-C part, it was mainly becuase having every involved character as Low 2-C was deemed ridiculous, but I think this should be discussed again now that all the crossover issues were respectivelly solved already (as that was the main reason they didn´t obtain that tier, then again, as far I remember).

I mean, if there is evidence to suggest that then sure.

You can go ahead and debate that I guess, but saying same backstory and then saying that the canonicity issue was the thing preventing the scaling seems contradictory.

Well, tell that to the users that discussed that, not me.

Either way, I think I should make another thread to discuss that later.

The thread

Antvasima said:
Well, somebody needs to write a draft for a new regulation text in any case.
So, is anybody willing to come up with a suggestion?

""Please don´t attempt to relate Super Smash Bros. as canon in any way or shape to the involved franchises. Not only does it completely fail to fit in the Canon Crossovers section, nor are quite obviously able to fit in many of the canons (due to lack of enough solid interactions, extreme continuity issues, and references of the events in there), but also can´t really be considered as canon for them without basing it in a lot of headcanon and assumptions to the point it´s a borderline fanfiction as seen here, here, and lastly here."

^ I think a slightly augmented version of what Bobsican said works.

SomebodyData said:
"Please don´t attempt to relate Super Smash Bros. as canon in any way or shape to the involved franchises. Not only does it completely fail to fit in the Canon Crossovers section, nor are quite obviously unable to fit in many of the canons (due to lack of enought solid interactions and references of the events in there), but also can´t really be considered as canon for them without basing it in a lot of headcanon and assumptions to the point it´s a borderline fanfiction and the fact that it strongly contradicts the established scale of their respective feats as seen here, here and lastly here."
Upgraded the grammar a bit and added some stuff, I hope it´s better now. Edit: Updated it to be even better, so questions regarding this in the future are reduced to actually good questions.

I attempted to improve on the structure:

"Please do not attempt to establish Super Smash Bros. as canon in any way for the involved franchises. It completely fails to fulfill our canon crossovers requirements, as it obviously lacks sufficient solid interactions and references to the events in many of the canons to fit into their established continuities. To consider it as canon would require a great deal of assumptions to the point of borderline fanfiction. For further information, see here, here and here."

I´ve noticed that some rules are outdated and no longer are needed, like the Kirby scaling to Magolor one.

I´ll make a list quickly (as I´m going to go to school in a few minutes), note that I´m only listing discussion rules that are outdated, so there may be some other outdated ones in the other rules, you may want to use CTLR + G to search for it faster:

- "Also, do not try to upgrade Kirby to 3-B or 3-A via scaling from Magolor. This has been discussed several times, and each thread has proven itself repetitive. As such, it's not up to discussion anymore."

I think that´s the only outdated rule, it likely should be removed or something, after all, Kirby is now still 4-A thanks to Magolor, as he got downgraded to 4-A.

I have done so. Feel free to tell me if you notice any others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back