• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small SCP-682 Resistance to BFR CRT

Possible “Resistance to BFR” CRT for SCP-682:

Currently, the closest thing SCP-682 has to resistance to BFR is this: Dimensional Travel (Escaped from the higher-dimensional Ravelwoods through its own power)”

This is taken from these feats. Now, we’ll want to focus on the “Summer’s Exile cannot be banished to another non-earth plane, only temporarily (usually attempts fails).

This should be Resistance to BFR but obviously it can be attributed to SCP-682’s reactive evolution and other adaptation hax it has.

First of all, in the
same article as that feat, it is stated that while adaptations wear off over time, there’s a chance that SCP-682 will develop a immunity to it. He developed an immunity to guns for example.

The first immunity developed by SCP-682 was to SCP-409, which shows SCP-682 is able to develop permanent adaptations

Now, why would this be Resistance to BFR? Well, SCP-682 has been shown to be completely immune to a bunch of different forms of BFR: “only temporarily (usually attempt fails)”, which means that SCP-682 cannot even be BFR’d in the first place (at least to lower-end BFR as he was successfully BFR’d to Ravelwood due to it’s special properties, still managed to return and adapt to it) + he completely resisted SCP-2521’s attempts to snatch it.

With these feats, it should hopefully lead to the conclusion that SCP-682 has some forms of passive Resistance to BFR due to having an innate immunity to it.

I’m thinking of: “Resistance to BFR (was completely unaffected by various forms of BFR, due to SCP-682’s curse of not being able to stay in any non-earth plane and being immune to SCP-2521)

Bumps are used to get your thread back to the top of the listing and notify those involved in the thresd, so if they get buried or go inactive you can bring them back to life.

Anyway, I'm neutral on this upgrade as I feel like "usual attempts fail" isn't specific enough.

Also, him resisting 2521 could just be superior LS, couldn't it? Is 682 actually resisting being teleported there?

Bumps are used to get your thread back to the top of the listing and notify those involved in the thresd, so if they get buried or go inactive you can bring them back to life.

Anyway, I'm neutral on this upgrade as I feel like "usual attempts fail" isn't specific enough.

Also, him resisting 2521 could just be superior LS, couldn't it? Is 682 actually resisting being teleported there?
SCP-2521 only steals information, but when it does, it attempts to steal the entire person/thing, so maybe it tried stealing the entirety of SCP-682, but couldn’t do to BFR resistance and stole the flesh only. Although, the timeframe of the even was particularly small so who knows.

For the other part, the fact that 682 cannot leave earth should be grounds for BFR. Although, the article in general does imply that any sort of BFR is temporary and usually short, the strongest lasting a year or so, while being in higher dimensions. So I do believe that this ability should give SCP-682 at least something like “Limited Resistance to BFR”

Also, there are other feats that I left out like how SCP-682 escapes SCP-5175’s extradimensional plane which is not in “baseline reality”.

682 can only get resistance to BFR if it has concrete feats of resisting being teleported/sent away. If it is successfully sent away and just comes back, it isn't resistance, it's dimensional travel.

682 can only get resistance to BFR if it has concrete feats of resisting being teleported/sent away. If it is successfully sent away and just comes back, it isn't resistance, it's dimensional travel.
I do believe though since it says “The Exile's longest successful banishment was to the Ravelwoods” insinuates that “successful” means that the BFR worked to a degree and “failure” means that SCP-682 didn’t get BFR’d at all and resisted it. I’ll wait for other people’s opinions firstly though.

You are putting a narrative into it where there's none.

Failure can mean any number of thing ranging from them messing up the BFR to 682 escaping containement before it was BFR'd. It's waaay to vague to use, especially since it doesn't even explicidly state that failures happened.

682 was never teleported, and it does have the LS to easily lift and overpower 682, as it was able to lift a UIU building (whether the image is inaccurate on what he did, lifting an entire building, whether it be casually or with some effort, should not be superhuman). 682 was simply never taken for whatever reason, when SCP-2521 should be fully capable of lifting 682. from AP, and LS. (this depiction was taken for granite, but all of his other depictions in drawings aren't. so unsure how this isn't in the same boat as them)
9cMlAVe.jpeg

Thanks.

Anyway, first of is the fact that 682 is also in the same range of strenght as the feat, so it simply thrashing enough could have deterred 2521

thought there's also the fact the lizard vocalized something to the latter, with it having an history of messing with other scps by just talking/being near them

Thanks.

Anyway, first of is the fact that 682 is also in the same range of strenght as the feat, so it simply thrashing enough could have deterred 2521

thought there's also the fact the lizard vocalized something to the latter, with it having an history of messing with other scps by just talking/being near them
There can’t be time for thrashing because the entire encounter lasted 2 seconds, and SCP-2521 wouldn’t have been affected either way because it has Tier 0 durability.

Where the hec are you getting that 2521 has tier 0 durability ?
As @Dragon replied, SCP-2521 has survived attacks from 2 Tier 0 beings, one of which (SCP-6820) can effect even stronger versions of SCP-682 than the one shown in the termination log.

You can’t just “shake off” SCP-2521.

682 has higher lifting strength
not sure why though. whether the picture is inaccurate or not he lifted (at least) a small building, if anything they should be close in LS from their feats.

even if he didn't have the LS, 682 physically cannot do anything about it trying to grab him due to it being able to give the middle finger to his far stronger, true form.

nothing seems to have stopped SCP-2521 from teleporting 682, and he just didn't for some reason.

it could also be that he just got scared, like what happened with that shadow scp
i mean, he could have? but he seemed completely on board with trying to kidnap him, and genuinely seemed to try and do so and only got a small chunk of him. nothing indicated he got scared, and more seemed like he failed to kidnap 682.

Back