• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Basically, the changes are to how his durability with Hardened skin are listed, making a distinction between blunt force and piercing/slashing.

While initially Butcher punching Translucent was always kinda outlier-ish for the verse standard, I think this distinction could help keep that feat in the verse. It also helps that Butcher and the rest are Wall level now LOL, and that getting hit with a car is within the parameters of Butcher's AP (and Butcher gets off his car after hitting Translucent, ready for a fight, which wouldn't make sense if the car crash was enough, so he clearly knew he could fight the supe after he survived getting hit by the vehicle)

For blunt force, Translucent would be Wall level, both for getting hit by a car and withstanding a beating from Butcher.

As for piercing/slashing, as you can see in the blog, I suggest that he upscales from Starlight. This is because, while Starlight of course has stats well above what bullets can do to her, and the creators may not know exactly how durable they made her, they still portrayed her getting knocked down and feeling pain from a .50 caliber, whereas Translucent laughed off an enhanced version of that ammo. And for the slashing (or cutting), is a little bit thrown together here, but basically Frenchie's chainsaw just broke and failed to cut him, while in another episode he managed to cut Starlight's skin, but this could be attributed to him getting access to better equipment for this occasion, but overall, I think it still makes sense.

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

If Butcher is already wall level (objectively superhuman), then there is no outlier in down-scaling him from slightly hurting Translucent with his fists.

If Butcher is already wall level (objectively superhuman), then there is no outlier in down-scaling him from slightly hurting Translucent with his fists.
I mean, technically Translucent getting hit by a car is low Wall level, so Butcher is already stronger than that LOL

The thread is mostly so that: it's noted it's not an outlier for Butcher (and shows that even the series kinda acknowledge that they are sightly superhuman), and that Translucent's durability is split between his blunt force and piercing durability, since those are different for him

Agree. I still think that 9-B human characters should have their guns rated as higher due to posing a threat to other similarly rated characters. You pointed out how Butcher is technically stronger than his car. The gap is even larger with his guns. Frenchie should probably get 9-A, possibly 8-C with preparation due to having tools that can harm Annie and Kimiko (The modified RPGs could have potentially hurt or at least annoy Stormfront as well).

Back