• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Naruto states he can't beat saskue at his current level and needs help from the Kyuubi. Zetsu states Naruto is stronger than saskue because he beat pain however zetsu never mentions what Naruto. Sage Mode Naruto is clearly weaker than a full power deva pain. And required kurama partial transformation to win via weakening him.

100th Hokage said:
Naruto states he can't beat sasuke
This really doesnt make sense. Sasuke fought kages then Danzo,Kakashi etc. so Sasuke was heavenly weakened and Naruto saw this Sasuke who he implies is stronger...

This really doesnt make sense. Sasuke fought kages then Danzo,Kakashi etc. so Sasuke was heavenly weakened and Naruto saw this Sasuke who he implies is stronger...

Imagine how much stronger a full power Sasuke would be then lol?

And Naruto says this base on what? Does he even know Sasuke has MS? Sasuke was blind when he said it. So SM Naruto can't beat exhausted and blind Sasuke?

Mindovin said:
And Naruto says this base on what? Does he even know Sasuke has MS? Sasuke was blind when he said it. So SM Naruto can't beat exhausted and blind Sasuke?
Suppose Kishimoto's trying to imply Naruto wouldn't have beaten danzo

Naruto seemed to refer to other matters aside from strength or maybe he was just downplaying himself, because him not being able to beat tired as shit Sasuke is dumb to me.

That and I don't remember if he ever knew how the Five Kage Summit and Danzo battle went, though maybe he sensed his Susanoo.

Well susanoos are an extension of a persons chakra it must of been that. Since Naruto's not one to underestimate himself, its completely out of character.

If this isn't a nigh-blind Sasuke then I vote for him. Only thing Naruto has going for him is Zetsu's statement and it's pretty vague/Naruto wouldn't have defeated Pain without 9 Tails.

I don't think Naruto can win this battle without using Kyuubi's chakra, even if he used it he would have only around 50 percent to win. Anyway, I vote Sasuke

I think the most important question is, can The Susanoo tank the Rasenshuriken? Because Naruto(at this point) can't spam it so if his strongest attack is useless then it's GG.

Also can't Sasuke just Genjutsu GG here? Naruto doesn't have Kurama's cooperation yet, so he doesn't have resistance to mindhax.

He also doesn't have a defense against Amaterasu, since Lightning armor> SM durability wise and Amaterasu cost the Raikage an arm and was probably going to kill him if not for Gaara.

Sasuke's base sharingan is also fast enough to dodge the Raikage point blank range, so MS would make him even faster. While Naruto can barely dodge the 3rd in a much stronger SM.

I vote Sasuke.

Kin201 said:
In the anime, with just Skeletal Susanoo, he already tanked RS with some difficulty
Besides Sasuke is fast enough to dodge it, which is also an option. But yeah fully armored Susanoo can probably tank it.

Zetsus statement that Naruto is stronger than Sasuke was before Sasuke showcased his MS, Zetsu doesn't know what Sasuke is capable of. Also 6 tailed Naruto stomped Tendo Pain, while MS Sasuke was keeping up with Ay who can fight and damage the entire 8 tails. Sasuke wasn't even at his full potential when he fought Ay since his eyes got even stronger during his fight with Danzo when his hatred grew to its maximum. Then after the fight Sasuke that is blind, out of chakra and without even base Sharingan was fighting hand to hand with Kakashi who was using his sharingan. And then that same blind Sasuke clashes with Naruto, and Naruto was like: "I can't beat him, I sense that he is much stronger than me, I need to control the Nine tailes power". So MS Sasuke > SM Naruto. There is also a statement from Karin that Sasukes chakra is much more intense than it was previosly with CM2, and that was base sharingan suppressed Sasuke taking on a bunch of fodder samurai. So base sharingan kage summit Sasuke > CM2 Hebi Sasuke. I vote for Sasuke.

This version of Naruto can't deal with Susanoo arrows and Amaterasu which Sasuke throws around like crazy.

Susanoo Arrows are so fast that even Kakashi wasn't able to dodge them, in order to survive he needed to Kamui it.Same with Danzo,coudn't dodge with pure speed.

Kin201 said:
In the anime, with armored Susanoo, he already tanked RS with some difficulty
Yeah, he also forced naruto into using Kyuubi Form to match his Armored Susanoo shortly after

Naruto does tend to underestimate himself, especially cause not too long ago he was throwing shit at himself and needed to being calmed down by his dad to reassure him.

Anyways, SM Naruto also goes to fight Kurama after this (he doesn't train mind you, he is just as strong in that battle as he was in the Five Kage Summit), while he couldn't beat him without help, he was able to hurt him and hurl him around, so he should be able to put the hurt Sasuke's Susanoo badly (even Danzo was able with a wind attack aided by his summon.

Susanoo's arrows may be a bitch to deal with but Sage Mode sensory buffs should allow him to dodge them since he later down he manages to dodge the 3rd Raikage, while he is likely stronger than he was then, it still shows how this feat is possible.

Naruto's natural energy attack may be able to bypass the Sharigan precog shit (I think it did in the anime) and he can just close his eyes to sense Sasuke and therefore avoid Sharigan genjutsu, and I don't think it's expecting much from Naruto to attempt to avoid getting Shariganed by Sasuke after being on the receiving end so many times.

The biggest problem is Amaterasu, which Sasuke spams like no tomorrow, although maybe if he could sense it then he may be able to dodge, IDK if Amaterasu has it's own Chakra signature.

Naruto dodging the Raikage isn't any more impressive than Sasuke doing it with a Base Sharingan.

Sasuke is also capable of spamming the arrows in succession, so dodging one or two isn't going to seal the deal. And ofc Amaterasu is viable as long as he can perceive Naruto, and there's no reason to assume he can't.

While I agree with you that SM Naruto needs a buff for his war arc feats, or at least a different key, the Wiki doesn't accept it for some reason so idk if those feats are usable here. But if they are then this battle doesn't really work because it'd make Naruto High 6-C while Sasuke is 7-A so it'd be a stomp anyway.

I know but it shows Naruto can do similar shit so he is not defenseless here.

Maybe, but i'm sure Naruto can dodge a few and then think of a way to dodge the rest, but it is kinda iffy so I conceed here. If Amaterasu does have it's own Chakra signature then Naruto can dodge right before it incinerates him.

I thought the new revisions would give him a War Arc key.

@BlastX

Well many people have argued for it for a very long time because the feats, like the ones you mentioned+ many more, speak for themselves imo. It'd be kinda BS to ignore all that. Personally I even think Pain arc SM and Pain need a buff but maybe that's just me.

But anyway I feel in this particular battle Sasuke seems to have more win cons and options. Also don't forget that SM Naruto in the pain arc was on a time limit, so SM might run out pretty fast as well.

Yeh.

Well it's true that he has a time limit but he can re enter Sage Mode (rather easily, because he can just make a Shadow Clone, hiding it away from Sasuke and have it gather Natural Energy, poof it and boom, Sage Mode again), Sasuke is also on a timer only that his is permanent, if he goes blind he loses his Sharingan abilities, though his last longer than Naruto.

Sasuke is indeed on a timer, but his stamina is insane.

He fought a mob of Ninja, then fought the 5 Kage for an extended period, then had a long battle with Danzo, then fought Kakashi, and then finally clashed with Naruto and stalemated him even though Naruto was at full power, while Sasuke was out of chakra and blind lol.

100th Hokage said:
When it comes to ap saskue could cut the 8 tails who could tank his own bijuudama
That is considered an outlier, same way how Kakuzu tanking the two tails' bijuudama and grabbing its paw while it tried to swipe them away.

If you do count that stuff, the rasenshuriken shredded a guy who tanked a tailed beast.

I think the rasenshuriken would probably get past ribcage susanoo, but at this point some amaterasu will kill Naruto easily, and Sasuke can dodge a rasenshuriken.

BlastX said:
He kinda got replished with chakra by Zetsu midway through.
Considering everything he went through and the caliber of opponents he fought back to back, that seems pretty negligible tbh. Plus he was in constant pain and was going blind so there's that.

That is considered an outlier, same way how Kakuzu tanking the two tails' bijuudama and grabbing its paw while it tried to swipe them away.

If you do count that stuff, the rasenshuriken shredded a guy who tanked a tailed beast.

I think the rasenshuriken would probably get past ribcage susanoo, but at this point some amaterasu will kill Naruto easily, and Sasuke can dodge a rasenshuriken.

The two tails is considerably weaker than the 8 tails linearly speaking. Also the Akatsuki are stated to be rivals to the bijuu. Also the Rasenshuriken is stated in the the databooks to destroy vital points so it seems like durability neg.

Eh, only Kurama thinks tails = power, and I don't think eight and two tails were ever put one against the other in raw AP, but that might be my bad memory.

The rasenshuriken makes cell sized blades, as stated by Tsunade. Same way a mosquito can bite through a t-rex's skin, the blades focus his AP into really smart blades. Regardless, I doubt the susanoo is capable of taking it.

Slacjow said:
Kakuzu isn't the same tier as Bijuus. Kakashi and others can fight and harm him.
Same applies to Sasuke despite him cutting the eight tails. Both are considered outliers.

I am neutral on this cause,Sasuke did it with Lightning Spear,in Naruto AP with Ninjutsu is always >Durability.

Slacjow said:
I am neutral on this cause,Sasuke did it with Lightning Spear,in Naruto AP with Ninjutsu is always >Durability.
By which logic Kakuzu's jutsu are > his durability, which tanked two attacks from a tailed beast with the most ease any character was shown to do in the series up to that point. He literally just take it point blank, then grabs the cat's paw.

Both are outliers, and of they somehow scale then both are still comparable in power the same way they are now.

Rasenshuriken's durability negation is worthless against the Susanoo, because it doesn't really have cells. It's just pure chakra, so the only way to break it is to overcome it's durability.

Besides FRS takes time to charge, during which Sasuke can counter with Amaterasu or Susanoo arrows. Long range Sasuke has the edge.

To further back up sasuke was comparable to the bijuu killer b stated play time was over and transformed against sasuke meaning he saw him as a threat.

Back