• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok so Slappy can't do anything if his soul gets torn out. This is starting to seem more like a stomp for Darby now.

No, as someone who is very knowledgeable on Goosebumps I can assure you that he has never or has never been implied to be knowledgeable on Blackjack or gambling of any sort.

Pretty sure darby stomps

Slappy is cocky and overconfident and considering he has no prior knowledge of darby, he will think darby is just a normal dude, which gives darby the advantage in the long run.

Pretty sure darby stomps

Slappy is cocky and overconfident and considering he has no prior knowledge of darby, he will think darby is just a normal dude, which gives darby the advantage in the long run.
"Story: Mr. Wood lost a game to D'Arby so he's a poker chip now. Slappy being angry goes to find D'Arby.

Slappy knows nothing about D'Arby except for what I listed above while D'Arby knows nothing about Slappy."

Ok so if Slappy does have some knowledge on blackjack, mix that with his arguably supergenius intelligence and skills in deception and whatnot, he should win.

Darby out smarter Joseph who in his 20's outsmarted ****** 500 years old super beings. But this version of joseph was old so he might have lost his skill

Well first off, age doesn't mean much when it comes to intelligence.

Like how Barney is 200,000,000 years old ("2 dinosaur years") but is only above average and would likely get outsmarted by majority of the human race.

Second, Slappy has been implied to be even older then 200 years old, being said to be hundreds of years old.

As I said before, Slappy can be considered a supergenius (scoring higher on intelligence then an entire race of monsters with advanced technology, so advanced that it can create infinite spaces and machines that can turn people into monsters), and as far as I can tell Darby isn't close to that level. So he certainly has the intelligence advantage, and mix that with his apparent knowledge on Blackjack he should win.

I'm going to quote D'Arby's page "D'Arby is a practiced gambler and cheater, a professional who claims to be the greatest gambler in the world and to have never lost. While he is certainly skilled in all sorts of games, he prides himself on his ability to cheat, using his vast funds to rig games in his favor or thinking up methods to cheat in any game on the spot. He's practiced in sleight of hand, using its techniques to second deal and even memorize the location of every card in a deck. D'Arby's intelligence is such that he outcheated Joseph Joestar and nearly defeated the Stardust Crusaders single-handedly."

Being able to learn any human concept or machinery despite being older than humanity itself and being sealed up for hundreds of years isnt super genius status?

Huh.

Well shouldn't really matter Joseph still outsmarted ultimate kars who literally has the gene pull and knowledge of almost everything on earth

I think "outcheating" someone is different then outsmarting someone. Even supergeniuses don't know everything, like with Slappy here with Blackjack.

Slappy should likely learn quickly, as it says in his page he is skilled in deception, manipulation and is cunning in nature, I feel like someone who regularly uses manipulation tactics and whatnot would know when they are being deceived or whatever. And this is made even better with his Supergenius status.

Slappy in character is cocky, arrogant and overconfident, so given that I'm very sure he wouldn't think he will lose to Daniel here, and in this fight he is knowledgeable on Blackjack which makes things better for him.

About the Joseph intelligence think from earlier, there's a quote saying that Joseph has improved since Part Two
Now I think you should be able to see the difference in our fighting experience. Once your opponent starts to boast of victory, he has already lost. This is how Joseph Joestar does things. I guess I just get better with age!
~ Joseph, to the Empress

Voting Slappy since he is already knowledgeable with deception and whatnot, along with him being cocky, arrogant and overconfident in personality, meaning he wouldn't give up.

He is very intelligent normally, like being able to be considered a supergenius, plus in this fight he was given some knowledge on Blackjack. Giving him the edge.

Also I just thought of this right now, Slappy in character isn't at all afraid to use his powers and can be a bit trigger-happy with them on occasion. So I'm 90% sure he would use them to win here. He is a cruel bastard so cheating wouldn't be abnormal for him at all.

So I vote for Slappy for the following reasons

1. His general personality kind of screws over Daniel's thing, he is cocky and overconfident and is regularly determined to get his way in character. So he would stay confident in that he would win during this fight.

2. His supergenius intellect, history of manipulation and deception, and prior knowledge on Blackjack give him the edge.

3. He can just **** Daniel over with his powers.

Back