• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slappy the Dummy fights Barney the ******* Dinosaur

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
You know, when I updated book Slappy to the decently overpowered dummy he is I was thinking about cool horror characters he could fight, like Pennywise. But this is what I went with for Halloween.....what the **** is my life.

Note: Despite being a fun and games thread, this is still suppose to be a somewhat serious fight, this is just a fun and games thread because Barney is banned from vs threads afaik.

Both 9-B

Both have all of their equipment

No prep time

Both will be bloodlusted (to be fair)

Speed Equalized

Victory via death or incap

Who wins and why?

A Doll:

The Creepier Doll:

Incon/Barney vs Chucky gets made:

Last edited:
Well, this is Fun & Games, so, presuming this is fine to debate, I'll just look over the profiles, &....
Slappy has:
Fear Manipulation and Madness Manipulation (Type 3; Is just as evil as The Haunted Mask, who's natural evil can induce irrational fear or cause others to actually die of fright as seen in The Scream of the Haunted Mask)

Barney doesn't really seem to have an answer, unless his Magic, Breaking the 4th Wall, Broadway Force, or Subjective Reality (Via his imagination, has shown to be able to turn a meatball into a tree, among numerous other feats) have some solution, but I don't know of anything on his profile that helps here.

Unless Barney can imagine Slappy less scary or something, I don't think he has a solution, & this kinda turns into a stomp by way of Slappy's pure evil passively driving Barney to terror, insanity, &/or suicide.

Well Slappy's Madness Manipulation is questionable if its passive or not, it only happens if you realize how evil he is, except for his soul. So I think Barney would still have a chance here.

Also isn't most of Barney's stuff magic anyway?

Edit: This fight might have been a bad idea

I don't see how changing the weather would help against Slappy, and judging from his profile he can only change the weather based on the four seasons, pretty sure at the absolute and unlikely best that would be Environmental Destruction which is regularly not combat applicable.

Slappy in the book Night of the Living Dummy III was never defeated by lightning.

Slappy doesn't appear to have a resistance to the cold using just the books so the Winter season may be to difficult to survive. Summer time can be pretty hot so Slappy could be melted.

Whoops my memory appears to have made an mistake. I hope someone gets fired for that blunder.

In any case, I'm unsure of Barney's win condition.
Though there's also some of Slappy's Resistances, including:
Death Manipulation, Power Nullification and Immortality Negation (In Slappy's Nightmare he came back a spell that was suppose to kill him for good), Magic and Curse Manipulation (In the books he has resisted spells on more than one occasion, even his own spell in Night of the Living Dummy III, which would have normally put him back to sleep)
Although some are questionable, like his Biological Manipulation Resistance; He's MADE OF WOOD.

Barney supposedly has lived 200,000,000 years, going by the Respect Blog, & this is why he has Longevity &/or possibly Immortality Type 1. Barney's equivalent age isn't clear, but even a 70 year old human can be reasonably expected to live 7 more years.
If Barney really is how he is at the ripe old age of 200 million years old, I'd bet he can live a few more million, if not a few more tens of millions of years.

However, Slappy has Immortality Types 1, 2, 3, 4 & 6. Even if Slappy & Barney stalemated (or became friends, if that's not a win (For who is unclear.)/inconclusive result itself.) wood could degrade enough to destroy him over millions, he has High-Mid Regeneration (Came back shortly after in the same day from being shredded by a wood chipper.) & Mid-Godly for recovering his mind from the mind stealer.

So even if Slappy decays to "death" after one of fiction's longest ever toxic relationships, he could still just come back.

Barney could maybe Age Manipulate, or Transmute, but I'm unsure if either of them would work.
I also don't know if Subjective Reality would let Barney help work around some of Slappy's powers/resistances, given Slappy's supposed Magic Resistance, which might also be a problem depending on how general purpose it is.

Other options include LS. I haven't checked the link for what Barney lifted to justify his Class 1 Lifting Strength, & while he has Teleportation, his range is only hundreds of meters. Maybe if he teleported Slappy & himself as high as they could go (possibly while in a hold.) THEN threw, he could maybe throw Slappy into space?
Transmutation might also help to work around Slappy's Size &/or Density Manipulation. (Though the Density Manipulation's justification is that he "seemingly" made himself heavier without an excerptto help clarify.)

I can't believe I'm considering Barney yeeting an evil talking dummy into space as a win condition. But also, it is Bloodlusted Barney.
But also, again, it is Bloodlusted Barney. (Repeated for emphasis.)

XD

Ok there is a lot to unpack here

@Ican'tthinkof1goodname

Slappy is inorganic and doesn't have any sort of real biological tissue, given that he wouldn't have anything that would make him feel "cold". Also wood doesn't melt, and if he does manage to destroy Slappy's physical body through melting, Slappy can just possess him or just continue the fight from there as a ghost.

@Imaginym

I doubt the fight would last long enough for Slappy to decay away considering Slappy has powers that could end the fight relatively quickly or keep Barney from doing much like Mind Manipulation, Disease Manipulation, Transmutation, and Corruption, plus Slappy has never shown to decay despite being hundreds of years old. Not to mention he also has powers like Teleportation, so he could keep Barney at a safe distance, and it also counteracts Barney's teleportation.

Pretty sure most if not all of Barney's abilities is magic, and Slappy can resist magic abilities.

I agree on most of those points. Some of those may not work, given this from Barney's Notable Attacks/Techniques section:
  • Doll: Barney's base form is a doll that Barney turns into to be ignored or when tired, he can't move in this form, but he can still apply some of his own hax; he can use this in a battle to recover stamina, reshape himself back and undo damage done to himself.
Barney may be able to transform away transmutations & possibly diseases or such he gets afflicted with.
Also, Slappy may not know to avoid close combat with Barney. Also, his Magic resistance doesn't list which spells he resisted & how it was portrayed, besides mentioning that he resisted his own spell, which is just supposed to put him back to sleep anyway.

I'd question how strong or versatile a magic resistance it is without more details to the justification.

(Yes, I can definitely see Slappy winning this handily, but this is F&G; These matches can't be added to profiles, especially in this case. So I see no reason not to just analyze this as thoroughly as possible, since deciding a winner doesn't have much in the way of consequences if the results can't be added to the profiles.)

If Barney does turn into a doll I'm pretty sure Slappy would tear him to shreds since he is, well, a small plush toy.

Slappy is able to come back from spells that were made to kill him and spells that are for more offensive purposes then what Barney has like Goldie's spells. Not to mention that he is able to resist his own magic spells as stated before.

Supposedly, he still does some of his own abilities, & there's the matter of Barney just turning back to recover.
While I appreciate your testament about his resistances & it might be that Barney's magic has less great potency than what's been used on Slappy, it's in part, on principle for me; Quotes/scans would be preferable. I just dislike the vagueness of the justifications on the profile.

Last edited:
Back