• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
A little b╠Âu╠Ât╠Ât╠Âe╠Âr╠Âf╠Âl╠Ây╠ birdie told me to post this match. Looks like a fair enough fight to me, so why not?

Rules

• Random encounter
  • Speed is equalized
  • Both are in character
  • Skulduggery key (Read: No Lord Vile)
  • Kiritsugu is in possession of Avalon
  • Battle takes place inside Painkiller's Opera House level
  • Winner by death or incapacitation
Vote Count

Considering he'll be the only one in this fight without any regen if he doesn't? Yeah, sure.

If it turns the match into a stomp, however, he's not getting it.

EDIT: Added to the rules.

Only Lord Vile has soul manip. Skulduggery simply has resistance to it.

IIRC, Kiri doesn't normally use Accel to blitz while in character though. He just uses it to save himself when he encounters people/attacks that are faster than him. It also really, really hurts to use, so he's likely not going to start the fight with it.

I may be wrong, though. I haven't exposed myself to F/Z in an age.

He used it against Kayneth for surprise attacks if I recall.

Also against Kirei but that was more to prevent himself getting blitzed.

Yeah, I remember the context of him using it against Kirei. He only really used to keep himself from getting outsped and overwhelmed, which is hardly going to be the case here imo.

Also, like I said, it really hurts for him to use, so he's normally quite wary about abusing it unless the situation is dire.

Quadruple speed would be problematic.

But Skulduggery is a very good shot with his gun (as in, attacked by 6 supernaturally fast vampires who are faster than he is, and kills them all one head-shot each in the middle of a dust cloud) and he's more likely to use his gun than magic to start with.

Origin rounds could be something of a problem. Considering Skuldugerry is basically being sustained by magic, hitting him with the bullet would probably instantly kill him. However, there's no prior knowledge here, and Skulduggery with his facade up looks nothing like a mage, so its unlikely Emiya would use Origin rounds first thing. He only has like, 37 or something left. He's not just going to waste them.

Skulduggery also has immunity to things like flash bangs if Emiya tries to use those, seeing as he doesn't even have eyes (they tried it, it didn't work)

Also, Skulduggery's regen isn't the greatest. Its basically shoving limbs back into their sockets. If he starts taking chip damage, its going to wear him down. Whenever he takes actual major damage, he tends to get his bones patched up by medic, he doesn't just regrow bone.

However, Skulduggery's armoured clothing is easily enough to shrug off bullets. Even a shotgun blast wouldn't do much to him.

His flight and telekinesis would also help immensely, as would his flamethrower hands.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
He used it against Kayneth for surprise attacks if I recall.
Also against Kirei but that was more to prevent himself getting blitzed.
No, it wasn't for a surprise attck.

Kayneth surprise attacked him. Kiri used double accel to escape.

Yeah, when he was fighting Kirei, he was using it so he could keep up with Kirei, not blitz him

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
He is fighting a skeleton that massively outhaxes him.
That's kinda dire.
A skeleton who at first glance just looks like a normal man in a tux and snazzy hat thanks to his false face.

He's not going to pull out origin rounds or start busting his internal organs with time alter for that.

@ J-Man: He won't know that until they've been fighting for a while. All I'm saying is that he won't open up with it from the very beginning. In time, maybe, but not right out the gate.

@Monarch: If Kiri does decide to pull out Origin Rounds at any point in the fight, does Skul have a reliable means of avoiding or deflecting the bullets without magic? Origin Rounds punch through metal (IIRC), so is he capable of bringing forth anything more durable than that?

Maybe, but after getting his ass kicked in he'd likely pull it out.

Did so against his only two fights in Zero.

That or CIS gets, which looks to be the case.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
@Monarch: If Kiri does decide to pull Origin Rounds at any point in the fight, does Skul have a means of avoiding or deflecting the bullets without magic? Origin bullets punch through metal, so is he capable of bringing forth anything more durable than that?
He's pretty good at dodging bullets, and his armoured clothes can shrug off most conventional firearms pretty easily. So the clothes might save him from a bullet if he doesn't manage to dodge. At the very least they'd slow the bullet down.

Depends on how the origin rounds work. I'm assuming they don't just automatically sever/bind anything that touches them, otherwise Kiri would never be able to load them). If they expend their "severing and binding" ability on the clothes, they might not affect Skulduggery even if they get through.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Maybe, but after getting his ass kicked in he'd likely pull it out.
Did so against his only two fights in Zero.

That or CIS gets, which looks to be the case.
Time Alter sure. But if Skulduggery is just kicking his ass in close combat (he's 400 years old and fought in a war and is named among some of the best fighters in the world) or even in a gun fight, he's not going to pull the origin bullets.

And skulduggery has fought beings faster than him before. Like I mentioned, the vampires.

If you are refering to the first time he shot Kayneth, apparently the defenses were too slow, and the bullet didn't actually touch the mercury thing, or else Kayneth would have started coughing up blood from having his circuits severed

The second time, the bullet didn't actually hit Kayneth. Kayneth successfully blocked it by putting all his power into Volumn Hydra's defence, it's just that the conceptual effect worked on the familiar and through the circuits Kayneth was using to power it, affected Kayneth himself.

However, I'll agree that the bullets will most likely piece through Skulduggery's clothing. I'm just wondering whether or not they will "expend" their effect on the clothing before skulduggery himself.

The bullet that pierce through Volumen and hurt Kayneth's shoulder is normal bullet. Kerry only used the Origin Bullet in the 2nd confrontation when Kayneth put his Volumen at max defense mode.

Oh yeah, I remember you saying that in the Grail War.

Would the origin round "expend" its svering/binding effect on the clothing before Skulduggery himself though? The clothing is kinda magical as well as reinforced

If the magical reinforcement is something that Skull put himself, than the same chain reaction that happen to Kayneth will work the same way on him. If not then the bullet meed to make direct contant with Skull or his magic

It's not Skul's magic. Nor is it directly connected to anyone once magically enhanced. Its not like fate where the defenses were being actively controlled by Kayneth

The guy who made it is also kinda already... dead

GHASTLY NO OH GOD WHY YOU WERE MEANT TO MARRY TANITH AND HAVE LOTS OF BABIES OH GOD WHY ERSKINE I WILL END YOU

Ahem

Sorry. Got emotional there for a moment.

Its likely the bullet will pierce Skulduggery's clothing though.

What I'm asking is whether or not the Origin Round will only Sever/Bind the clothing if it hits that first, and so even if it hits Skulduggery after piercing his clothing, its "charge" will have been "expended" already

I'm curious about that as well, actually. I don't remember whether or not this was the case (Again, it's been a while), but were the Origin Bullets ever shown affecting multiple magical sources in succession?

If they haven't, then...well, I won't say they'll be useless, but Kiri will need to land multiple hits for them to work. (Or score a headshot)

P.S.: I'm keeping score as of this moment, so if anyone has their vote ready, feel free to say it now.

I think I will vote Skull-dog here for the following reasons:

- way more experience (about 10 times I think, seeing as Kiri is 40(?) and Skulduggery is over 400

- Armoured clothing lets him shrug off pretty much any shot that doesn't come out of a contender and doesn't hit him in the head.

- Type 2 immortality means that even if Kiri manages to get a headshot (with a normal bullet), it won't actually kill Skulduggery. Would hurt like hell, but he'd still be alive. Welll... not alive... you know what I mean.

- Combat knives would do pretty much nothing to Skulduggery. No flesh to cut, no veins to bleed, just solid bone. Plus, again, the clothing.

- Facade and in-character initial use of a gun means that Kiri won't be pulling out Origin Rounds until Skulduggery's already started using his magic.

- Even with Time Alter, Skulduggery does have experience fighting people much faster than him, so it isn't quite as much as an advantage as it would normally be. Additionally, even with Avalon, triple and square accel still hurt, so Kiri wouldn't be quite as willing to use them if he is already just as fast as his opponent

- Once he pulls it, Skulduggery's magic is more versatile. It also very much seems to come out of nowhere, with air manipulation giving him force push and pull type abilities as well as telekinesis, so Kiri would have a hard time even seeing it.

- Skulduggery's Did You Know The Sparrow Flies South For Winter Super Secret Move that OHKO anyone it's used on.

Back