• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skeleton Page Revision

Ok. Let's talk. I'm fine with most of the changes, except for a few things.

1) Water Manipulation is a big no. That's just type 1 Self-Sustenance. And while I'm on the topic, skeletons should have all types of self sustenance

2) When listing the Stray and the Diamond Armour skeleton's abilities, you should note that they also have all the old abilities of the base skeleton

3) All the abilities "of bow and arrow"? No. They are not the skeleton's abilities, they are the powers of a weapon that can only enact them on itself

4) When and how in the bloody hell can a skeleton run at 10.8 m/s?

1.) Cool. I'll add that and get rid of the resistance to water manip.

2.) I'll also add that.

3.) Fair enough.

4.) Here's my source: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Attribute#Attributes_available_on_all_living_entities

I've also added Resistance to Magma Manipulation (via Frost Walker enchantment) and changed the best possible equipment Skeleton to a best possible equipment Stray, since they have Arrows of Slowness as well and slightly higher attack and health.

Don't worry, the attributes are just the in-game values for certain statistics. They ca be tweaked using commands, but what's listed on the page is the default value used in the game.

Otherwise, does it seem alright?

Alright then, that makes sense.

And yeah, it does. I would contact one of the Content Moderators to have a look over your page before you post it however. Just so you can make sure that your grammar and formatting is a-ok

>Self-Sustenance

I guess this is fair, probably applies to other undead mobs + Iron Golems.

>Dimensional Storage

Nah, likely just game mechanics. Fodder enemies with seemingly infinite ammo are quite common.

>Weapon Mastery

Is it really a master with a bow? I remember skeletons being pretty inaccurate and not able to shoot a bow nearly as well as a player.

>Resistance to heat

ig. Should Steve get this too?

>Ice Manipulation

This is also statistics reduction. Also you listed ice manip twice.

>Gravity Manipulation

There's no manipulating gravity involved, punch just increases knockback. It's solely horizontal as well.

>Damage Boost

It's just a more powerful bow. Damage Boost is moreso where damage will be increased in a certain circumstance, such as Facade in Pokemon that doubles in power when the Pokemon has a status effect

>Superhuman Speed

May as well just make a note of this in the speed section

>Resistance to Fire and Explosions

ig, this would also apply to Steve and Zombies w/ best gear.

>7-C rating + 9-A SS

Can they easily kill an Iron Golem? They don't get much of a power boost from enchantments, its mainly defensive. 9-A SS also doesn't seem fair seeing how half a heart of damage is the default unboosted damage (so game mechanics) plus to my knowledge it's impossible for a skeleton to spawn naturally without a bow (barehanded).

>Standard Equipment

Skeletons have a cap as to what enchantments they can get on their armour iirc. So a Skeleton naturally spawning with protection 4 full diamond is actually impossible. I also don't think Skeletons can spawn naturally with shields

>Dimensional Storage

I had this down for the Skeleton, as they seemingly materialize their arrows from some sort of hammerspace. Judging by Dimensional Storage's page, I think it would be counted as an example of it rather than game mechanics, but if there's another notable page or discussion on the wiki where a similar situation was counted as game mechanics, feel free to point me towards it, and I'll change it post-haste.

>Weapon Mastery

Skeletons aren't as accurate as players, but they're still good shots and one of the most intimidating enemies in the Overworld because of it. Remember that player skill varies wildly as well.

>Resistance to Heat

Steve probably should get it. In fact, I don't see why every mob (barring the Snow Golem, iirc) wouldn't have heat resistance, since they can all be in the Nether for extended periods of time without ill effects.

>Ice Manipulation

Here's an official statement from the "Meet the Stray" page on the Minecraft website: "Those arrowheads will do more than stick you - their icy tips will cast a freezing pall, slowing their hapless victim to a frosty shuffle." Although, I suppose it probably could be Statistics Reduction as well. The reason why I listed Ice Manipulation twice was because the Stray's ice manipulation (slowing you with iced up arrows), compared with 7-C Stray's ice manipulation (freezing water underneath it), is wildly different. Link here.

>Gravity Manipulation

It might be a stretch, but since no extra damage is done, presumably meaning no extra force was applied, the only conclusion I could think of was that it somehow decreased gravity and made the target go further. If it's an issue, I'll delete it.

>Damage Boost

Fair enough, I'll get rid of this.

>Superhuman Speed

Looking back, this does fit into Superhuman Physical Characteristics. I'll get rid of this, and make a note there.

>Resistance to Fire and Explosions

It should apply to every mob that ca wear enchanted armor.

>7-C rating + 9-A SS

If it stayed at a distance and kept firing, I don't see why it couldn't kill an iron golem. The 9-A's melee attack is typically used underwater, since skeletons can't fire arrows, so I'll replace the "barehanded" part with "underwater".

>Standard Equipment

Source on this? I didn't see anything about it on this article, but it sounds plausible. I assumed it was theoretically possible for a naturally spawned skeleton to have all of it, but extremely rare. What's the cap? Also, I don't think they can either, so I'll dump that.

Thanks for the concrit, everyone! I really appreciate it.

Nothing really implies the arrows come from a hammerspace though. For an example, Charging Chucks can throw (american) footballs as many times as it is possible, and the footballs are far larger than an arrow. Yet we don't assume the Chuck to be getting these footballs from a hammerspace

Neutral on Weapon Mastery. What I meant by player ability was more about the actual range and power of the player's shots, but player skill is a factor too.

Yeah the Stray's shots are ice manip and statistics reduction. While Frost Walker is a different application, I think that should be explained in either the standard equipment or notable techniques section.

It's a magical enchantment to a bow in fiction, there doesn't have to be a logical explanation for every ability. Similarly to the Hammerspace argument, I don't think we can just assume it's to do with gravity just from speculation.

Here's what the Minecraft Wiki has to say about it. Ik it's a wiki but they're generally a very reliable source.

Alright. I've gotten rid of Dimensional Storage, Gravity Manip., and Weapons Mastery, and added Magic (via any enchantment) and Statistics Reduction, as well as altering the enchantments so they're not at any given level to make it game-compatible.

I say keep Weapon Mastery, those guys have ruined my day more than once by consistently hitting shots. I'm fine with most of the other stuff agreed on already, too, though I would make a case for "possibly 7-C" since a strong enough bow likely scales to players, but uh... well it's a Skeleton.

Unrelated but I'm rather iffy with Evoker's 7-C rating, they can threaten an Iron Golem in big groups yet in a straight fight they get fodderized. Only dozens of them could stand a chance against IG.

Back