• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

shouldn't we give the "power pole EXTEND!" move its own speed?

I'm pretty sure that in the classic dragon ball the power pole speed was way faster than Goku's combat/traveling speed

with the new speed equalized rules, this may help Goku in speed equalized matches

also

yall remember this scene in the anime?

db153-28.jpg
db153-29.jpg
db153-30.jpg

(sorry I couldn't find the video)

basically, Goku uses the power pole to make it out of the Furnace of Eight Divisions, so in the anime, the power pole is faster than the 23rd Budokai Goku flight speed

goku abandoned the power pole between dead zone and the start of z, so...
well, I guess it can help anime kid Goku and anime 23rd Budokai Goku then?

also, as far I'm concerned the power pole in the manga was faster than kid Goku , so in speed equalized matches with manga kid Goku, the power pole should give him an attack speed advantage

Last edited:
You should probably gather some scans and videos and create a CRT. Doesn't seem like a controversial add to me

It is probably marginally faster. I am not sure. I don't remember many such instances. Do you have any scans to support this?

It is probably marginally faster. I am not sure. I don't remember many such instances. Do you have any scans to support this?
the only one that i have at the moment ( for manga goku) is this

goku-takes-rabbit-gang-to-moon-dragon-ball.png

goku uses the power pole to go to the moon in a short time frame

that is all i got tho 🗿

Unfortunately, the whole thing is treated as an outlier. Or you could say a gag thing which isn't usable.

Doesn't the anime has tons of feats where he can attacks with the pole faster than kicks and stuff? Obviously not going to moon level but something lower.

Why is treated as an outlier/gag tho? its not like its creates a huge plot hole in the series, after all no one should scale to the power pole speed

Doesn't the anime has tons of feats where he can attacks with the pole faster than kicks and stuff?
I remember him using it for range. But not in a scenario where it scales to his own speed. Maybe there could be an instance in the King Piccolo fight, I don't remember.

Why is treated as an outlier/gag tho?
Because Goku can't survive in space. And the Rabbit gang was also alive on the Moon. Etc.

Because Goku can't survive in space. And the Rabbit gang was also alive on the Moon. Etc.
but why would this make the power pole feat an outlier? yes, Goku and co. surviving is an invalid feat but I don't think we should ALSO invalidate the power pole feat

The power pole was shown to be able to reach the moon in a short time frame, and the fact that Goku and co. being able to survive in space should only be an outlier for them it should not affect the power pole feat imo

People often treat "Saiyans can't survive in space" in a way that makes it look like Goku explodes if he leaves the atmosphere, instead of suffocating overtime. Being in space for just a few secs wouldn't kill even a normal human. dangers are huge because of radiation or if you hold your breath lungs are gone, but goku just going over there for a few and dropping back isn't contradictory

Maybe there could be an instance in the King Piccolo fight, I don't remember.
Goku used the powerpole to propel himself fast and strong enough to tag and damage king piccolo so it scales to relativistic.
See I remembered it correctly. Can you get a scan of it?

People often treat "Saiyans can't survive in space" in a way that makes it look like Goku explodes if he leaves the atmosphere, instead of suffocating overtime. Being in space for just a few secs wouldn't kill even a normal human. dangers are huge because of radiation or if you hold your breath lungs are gone, but goku just going over there for a few and dropping back isn't contradictory
Tell that to Vegeta.

The power pole was shown to be able to reach the moon in a short time frame, and the fact that Goku and co. being able to survive in space should only be an outlier for them it should not affect the power pole feat imo
Because we cannot cherry-pick one aspect of a gag feat and leave out another. Either we use it or discard it. IIRC, earlier we used to include that in Goku's range with the power pole, but later there was CRT to remove it which got accepted.

Back