• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm honestly wondering if we should allow for everyone to be notified (at least one notification per person's birthday only) when it's a member's birthday (or multiple members' birthdays on the same day) on the day itself so that at least they get "Happy Birthday" and other similar well-wishes from at least one other member... It might help to strengthen camaraderie amongst the community in a sense since at least each member knows that the community is looking out for them in some way or other.

I'm thinking this could possibly be implemented from next year onwards so everyone's birthdays start getting equal recognition on equal terms? Or does everyone wanna have it implemented as soon as possible instead? I'd like to hear your thoughts as to the feasibility of this proposal as well as your opinions on it in general.

I mean, we do have a seperate coloum For Birthday's.
Becd0y5f7-Scxb-XKvh-D7m1713913713.jpg

I mean, we do have a seperate coloum For Birthday's.
Yeah but despite that there's no notifs for their birthdays for other people (so it's not likely that many people would specifically go to that column, go to the user profiles and wish them happy birthday consistently and accurately as compared to being notified in the alert feed)
I'm mostly saying it'd be a welcome addition to the column so that it ensures that people are notified (without excessively aggressively pushing it in their faces and thus deterring them from sending well-wishes by making it seem like too much of a chore or an obligation)

I feel like that just creates pretty unnecessary spam, no? We have many thousands of members, a significant percentage of whom have their birthday tied to their account. We'd get a notification a day just telling us it's someone we don't really know's birthday. Seems counterintuitive to letting notifications be about things people specifically subscribe to. For the interested, the section of the website mentioned above suffices. For the uninterested, the status quo is good.

I feel like that just creates pretty unnecessary spam, no? We have many thousands of members, a significant percentage of whom have their birthday tied to their account. We'd get a notification a day just telling us it's someone we don't really know's birthday. Seems counterintuitive to letting notifications be about things people specifically subscribe to. For the interested, the section of the website mentioned above suffices. For the uninterested, the status quo is good.
I mean, not necessarily... but yeah it is possible (at least if it's just 1 notification per day it might avert the spam issue, though yeah if it's on top of tens of hundreds of other unrelated notifs of other stuff then I can see why that is a potential notification spam issue)
Point makes sense though, just thought this idea was worth discussing even if for a rather short period of time, at least I can obtain a better view of what the pros and cons of it are

Back