• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should we get rid of "Beyond Tiers"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I seriously the only who's looking at the bigger picture here?

Like come on, you did read that above you, right? I know it's a bit long, I said so myself, but even if you didn't, I highly encourage you to, since it details all the ways this is a very, very bad idea...

You alright there buddy? Your font seems to be showing.

Oh, you think you are funny?

I just said-never mind.

I completely agree with Crabwhale.

Also honestly I feel people take the Tiering System way too seriously when the entire purpose of it is that it's a joke. Kinda like the very name of this site.

I do not agree with removing "beyond all tiers". First of all, I mean, come on, this is a Joke Battles Wiki! The main reason why this wiki came into being was to give people leniency with power mechanics and other similar things. It would ruin the a lot of the fun of this wiki if we just chose to limit what tiers can be used and what can't be used.

Second, I just want to say, "Beyond all tiers" isn't officially above Ocean nor Memetic Tier, so anything in this "tier" can't officially compete with characters that are Memetic, since their status as a meme would automatically give them the victory.

Lastly, I feel that the reason why some people want to get rid of this "tier" is to make vs. threads debates easier for them and, well... really? A lot of the vs. threads that I've seen (please correct me if I'm wrong) are between godmode OCs. Since their feats can't be readily quantifiable (mostly because they have infinite feats or are omnipotent or, get this, "beyond omnipotent"), these threads are bound to become flame wars or favoritism matches. I am not against these types of matches, but I feel that due to the ridiculous levels these characters go to, these threads should just be for fun and any results should not be taken seriously. So, I think removing "beyond all tiers" would probably not make vs debates any easier.

I guess that's all I wanted to say. I would've replied earlier but I got distracted with video games

Everyone who makes their character "Beyond the concept of Tiers" believes their character is stronger than Memetic's, and nothing will ever convince them otherwise

Seol404 said:
Everyone who makes their character "Beyond the concept of Tiers" believes their character is stronger than Memetic's, and nothing will ever convince them otherwise
They can't do anything about it though. Officially, they can't compete, but that doesn't mean they can't do an equalized tier just-for-fun debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back