• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should we get rid of "Beyond Tiers"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres really no point of Beyond Tiers since we all know its inferior to Memetic and currently, theres no character that fits into the Beyond Tiers Category. Also, we should add, this is the home of Godmodes on tier -∞. Godmodes are being treated as -1 or -∞.

Beyond Tiers
Something that "Isn't part" of the "Tiering System", yet its bounded to Memetic, which is part of the Tiering System.

Soemone please Highlight this.

Honestly? I'm all for removing it. If there's no way to establish criteria for it, then it simply should not exist.

Memes get their power from people spreading them, if they are dead and obscure, they aren't as powerful anymore. There should be a term for memes that have lost most, if not all, of their memetic power.

I think so because of flame wars between godmodes and memes

If we were using OBW Tiering System

Beyond Tiers would be 1-A or High 1-A and Memetic would be 0

OC's that are made with the intention of being as ridiculously OP as possible. Examples include Riley (fanon) and the Suggsverse. "This Category is also home to these so-called Godmodes." (Note: Only OC's apply to this category. Tier -1's can be as powerful as Tier ∞'s but they don't belong here.)

I'm not sure if this thread deserves to be highlighted... then again, it is calling for the removal of a tier, so maybe?

Shouldn't we remove Memetic too since it's kind of pointless and makes characters more op than some people actually think they should be? Like Chuck Norris is way too op at Memetic when he should be Universal or something like that.

TheDarkSide857 said:
Shouldn't we remove Memetic too since it's kind of pointless and makes characters more op than some people actually think they should be? Like Chuck Norris is way too op at Memetic when he should be Universal or something like that.
That will definitely not happen. The point of Memetic is that characters of that tier are pretty much internet celebrities (or whatever term is applicable here) who are considered to be "beyond omnipotent" or something along those lines.

In fact, the name of the tier is meant to be shorthand for "Memetic Badass", a term that is discussed in-depth on TV Tropes here.

...or maybe you're just joking around. Hell if I know. This is the internet, sarcasm is not easy to detect.

KingPin0422 said:
TheDarkSide857 said:
That will definitely not happen. The point of Memetic is that characters of that tier are pretty much internet celebrities (or whatever term is applicable here) who are considered to be "beyond omnipotent" or something along those lines.
In fact, the name of the tier is meant to be shorthand for "Memetic Badass", a term that is discussed in-depth on TV Tropes here.

...or maybe you're just joking around. Hell if I know. This is the internet, sarcasm is not easy to detect.
Yeah, no. The highest feat that Chuck Norris demonstrated was creating God himself and creating the universe via the Big Bang. ...And maybe TV Tropes is run by rich old people who make up things to try to be funny like Alux. Crap if I know.

I don't know what exactly you're trying to say here. "Beyond Tiers" is not part of the standard tiering system page, so no, it cannot be removed.

If you're talking about removing "Beyond Tiers" from every page that has them, then no. Absolutely not.

Not only would it be a colossal project that would tax any user willing to undertake it (I don't think a lot of people appreciate the full magnitude of nearly 4000 pages that you'd have to sift through and no, you can't just get Copebot to handle it, that's not how it works), not only would it affect even ancient pages that should preferably be left alone like Skodwarde or Goku (therefore denying a great deal of history for the site), not only would it be against Ryu's wishes (who's said multiple times that users are allowed to make up their own tiers), but it'll also be limiting free speech of our users.

Seol, Yellow, everyone here, you have complained about FANDOM's guidelines multiple times, perhaps for a good reason, that's up for debate really, but what you're trying to do right now is essentially the same thing as them.

No, actually, scratch that, it's even worse than that, you're trying to censor something you don't like. That's the crux of this, and I'm sorry to say it, but it simply cannot be stated in any other way.

Therefore, I cannot, and will never, support something like this, because as I said in a previous attempt to restrict the tiering system, it is not only unnecessary (as the creation of more Godmodes has almost completely ceased), but also unfair and almost dictatorial.

Goddamn, that is a long post.

Also, sorry if I sound mean, I was full-on Admin Mode when I wrote that.

Basically, it's when I give the warm, subjective part of my brain the middle finger and basically try to focus on as much cold, logical, objective fact as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back