• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should we count Various Anime Arcs as Canon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to open the discussion about whether or not we should use the Daphnee, Key of the Starry Heaven, and The Eclipse Celestial Spirit Arc's as Canon Material. The reason for this is because during Episode 50 of the Final season of Fairy Tail, we are shown a bunch of Anime only Charaters that origanlly apear in these arcs and were giving power in order to defeat Acnologia.

Daphne Arc
Key of Starry Heaven 1
Key of Starry Heaven 2
Key of Starry Heaven 3
Key of Starry Heaven 4
Key of Starry Heaven 5
Key of Starry Heaven 6

There is also more supporting evidence for the Key of the Starry Heaven Arc also being canon such as Mashima acknowleging the events in the manga:

Chapter 282

The reason I'm preposing this is because Acnologia's backstory, which is also an anime exclusive, is considered Canon due to Mashima's involvement in the final season and this appears in the exact same episode, so why should this be any different?

They'd need to appear in the manga to be considered canon.

Anime takes some liberties when adapting a manga, whether to fill the episode with content while the manga doesn't provide enough to do it.

I'm neutral on this, while the Anime does reveal the backstory of Acnologia and that is the canon, as for the other stuff, I don't know

The Calaca said:
They'd need to appear in the manga to be considered canon.
Anime takes some liberties when adapting a manga, whether to fill the episode with content while the manga doesn't provide enough to do it.
Yes but we consider Acnologia's backstory to be canon and it wasn't shown in the manga. The reason we consider that canon is due to Mashima being decently involved with the Final Season of Fairy Tail. So why should that be considered Canon and not this given they apear in the same episode as already established anime only canon content?

I don't know about Acnologia's backstory. The only thing know about is the thing shown in the movie. Anyway, there are a few holes with your argument.

Showing the characters in the anime makes the characters canon, but it doesn't mean the arcs are canon. This is the same discussion we had about the Phoenix calc of whether the movie was canon or not. It needed more than a cameo from the characters to be treated as such.

Mashima involving in the anime doesn't prove everything is canon either. You need to provide evidence of him agreeing with those characters being canon.

Can we at least agree the Key of the Starry Heaven arc is canon because its events are outright mentioned on the manga: https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/282/10

Are there even any feats in the Key of the Starry Heaven Arc to calc, plus that arc is kinda whack and inconsistent since it's before the training, so Base Natsu who needed Dragon Force to fight even Zero is now somehow beating a X791 Stronger Midnight

Unless we use Rage Power as an excuse

My memory from that arc is wonky but through most of it the main cast are just getting kicked around for the most part, they won most of their fights on technicalities. Gray and Shield Guy only beat angel because her own magic overwhelmed her, Erza only managed to take down Eric because he got distracted by Kinana, I remember Lucy intervening in Natsu's fight when she gained control of the giant doom machine that gave her some power that I can't remember off the top of my head (but it definitely had to do with time) etc.

Again my memory on this is faint, all I remember is that Gildarts is one of the only ppl who outright just kicked ass.

Yeah brief look through the FT wiki, Angel was for most of her fight suicidal outright asking Gray to kill her and her own magic was eating into her life force.

Erza defeating Cobra was due to receiving a "holy weapon" from the church while at the same time landing a lucky blow while he was distracted.

Gajeel just got his shit done in.

Erigor has some sort of mental breakdown

Jackpot lost when his magic was nullified by Byro

Imitatia was killed by Midnight

Midnight lost to Natsu but not b4 having real Nightmare backfire on him

Racer lost to Mirajane- this is probably the biggest outlier- but he like everyone else in the seis at this point was mentally fragile due to the nature of the magic they were using and Mirajane mostly talked him down

Davidsteel1 said:
My memory from that arc is wonky but through most of it the main cast are just getting kicked around for the most part, they won most of their fights on technicalities. Gray and Shield Guy only beat angel because her own magic overwhelmed her, Erza only managed to take down Eric because he got distracted by Kinana, I remember Lucy intervening in Natsu's fight when she gained control of the giant doom machine that gave her some power that I can't remember off the top of my head (but it definitely had to do with time) etc.

Again my memory on this is faint, all I remember is that Gildarts is one of the only ppl who outright just kicked ass.
Lucy Infinite Clock has Biological Manipulation, Time Loop and a Force Field

Davidsteel1 said:
Yeah brief look through the FT wiki, Angel was for most of her fight suicidal outright asking Gray to kill her and her own magic was eating into her life force.

Erza defeating Cobra was due to receiving a "holy weapon" from the church while at the same time landing a lucky blow while he was distracted.

Gajeel just got his shit done in.

Erigor has some sort of mental breakdown

Jackpot lost when his magic was nullified by Byro

Imitatia was killed by Midnight

Midnight lost to Natsu but not b4 having real Nightmare backfire on him

Racer lost to Mirajane- this is probably the biggest outlier- but he like everyone else in the seis at this point was mentally fragile due to the nature of the magic they were using and Mirajane mostly talked him down
Why would it be an Outlier if she used Majin Halphas?

I also believe Erza and Makarov would gain some stuff due to them resisting "Real Nightmare".

erza got resistance to illusion and mind manipulation/sleep manipulation via holy hamer-

the hammer protects its wielder from the effects of Real Nightmare and can dispel the effects from others.

How good was Real Nightmare's hax? I only ever watched the arc once so my memory is vague af on it. Pretty sure it was a lot of people though.

AnonymousBlank said:
How good was Real Nightmare's hax? I only ever watched the arc once so my memory is vague af on it. Pretty sure it was a lot of people though.
its like I.T.(from naruto),but it only show ppl bad dreams

It also has some sort of attack reflection based on the Fiore Guards attacks doing a full 180 on them.

AnonymousBlank said:
Real nightmare puts in a loop where it shows the person's nightmares

It has a reflective field around it and And it has Biological Manipulation

He spreads chaos and was able to reverse a waterfall

Actually, we need to make a thread for the arc being a canon first and see if it got accepted by the staffs. Then we can proceed with the revision.

You can do it on this thread, just call more admins, I don't know if Calaca's approvement is enough, but is a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back