• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should the upper tier Legendaries be FTL?

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
A legitimate question. The Pokemon such as Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Deoxys, etc. Should they just upscale to FTL? When I didn't boost them to Rel+ back then, I was probably being super conservative, but given the chain of superiority, it's probably not good to assume they're not even 2x faster than Golem (Pokémon). Recall that even normal Mega Pokemon absolutely blitzed Ash's Pikachu

Mega Lucario punts Pikachu
While Mewtwo blitzed weaker Legendaries before like Articuno. And everyone knows how fast Rayquaza and Deoxys are supposed to be. Plus, given how we treat Megas being at least 2x the feat they scale to with the Thick Club/Huge Power, wouldn't it be okay to do the same with speed abilities like Quick Powder/Swift Swim?

Weren't pokes like diglet outright stated to be >300,000km/s in terms of speed? I recall Gary noting them to be that fast in one of the early kanto episodes and since there are relativistic calcs for the verse I don't see why it shouldn't be taken seriously.

Yeah but it's also Diglett, which is a low tier Pokemon. It's a base form. Technically there's the FTL aspect of reacting to Flash to support but I'm not gonna open that can of worms.

The real cal howard said:
Yeah but it's also Diglett, which is a low tier Pokemon. It's a base form. Technically there's the FTL aspect of reacting to Flash to support but I'm not gonna open that can of worms.
You mean that can of wurmple...I'm so sorry.

Question: Where does the "2x" multiplier with Thick Club/Huge Power come from?

Besides that, if you are treating Megas as "2x" with those offensive abilities, I don't see why it shouldn't apply to Megas with speed based abilities.

I never really got why Flash was so controversial. Not trying to re-start that discussion, im just genuinely curious.

Anyway, would Solar Beam be able to support this now that we've decided its definitely light speed?

Because of pixel counting, man. The calc is sound You can definitely see Golem leap over the Solar Beam. Dodge is probably the wrong word (though Golem/Gyarados can and does dodge it), moving in tandem with is probably better. It's very similar to the speed calcs for Touhou profiles.

I agree

The legendary Pokémon are meant to be far stronger then any normal Pokémon like a 3rd stage evolution and this includes speed

Me too, though this mean that we would need to update profiles that are Legendaries, have Megas or Speed boost abilities on certain weathers, and how this would play in a battle where the guy have both the weather move and the ability, like Lumineon, do we treat that as a normal stat amp, or that would be banned in matches with speed equalized?

I thought I explained it was? If there's no antifeats in the mewtwo feat it should be used.

No because Signal Beam still isn't lightspeed.
I thought the person who made the blog stated Signal Beam uses a legit source to be considered light speed? Like from a firefly or something via Volbeat.

It's stated as light on more than one occasion, has a legit light source and doesn't have any anti feats in the clip shown. I believe it checks out.

Ah okay. The calc with Signal Beam should have mentioned that then (bioluminescence I mean to explain more)

Then yeah, I now also agree that Signal Beam should be considered real light.

If we consider Signal Beam real light then wouldnt Mega Mewtwo Y be pretty far into FTL?

It dodged 3 simultaneous ones so fast they appeared frozen....

At first I was against it but now that the Bioluminescence point was brought up, im switching sides.

Especially since Signal Beam was Volbeats signature move.

@OP No.

Unless you want to scale them to other FTL legendaries that alredy exist, no.

Power =/= speed. Dont upscale speed like that.

Im unfollowing. I'm not replying to this thread anymore.

IZephyrosOmega said:
I agree. Saying Legendaries are exactly the same in speed as people who are fodder to them is downplay tbh
It is, I agree, but we should be conservative unless we have good reason not to be.

I mean... It sounds ok but I'm not sure. Hell don't get me wrong I'm in the same situation with my favorite verse. I guess if enough people agree then I'm ok with it.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I mean... It sounds ok but I'm not sure. Hell don't get me wrong I'm in the same situation with my favorite verse. I guess if enough people agree then I'm ok with it.
It is, I agree, but we should be conservative unless we have good reason not to be.

Back